Reviews for Gift From The Galaxy
Good job
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Dumbest shit ever !
Queen chapter 4 . 8/18/2011
All four of these are really wonderfully done.

I can't say I've read the Darth Maul graphic novel, so I'm just going to roll with your headcanon and assume it is true. ;)

The scenes with the witches are beautifully done, threatening and eerie even when it's a scene of a woman giving birth. The last chapter, with Kijan and Rilka, was wonderfully done too, and with a good dose of humor scattered throughout. Yeah, "Darth Audacity" just somehow doesn't have that ring of terror in it. Also loved how you described their traits: "Kijan's strength was in his muscle; Rilka's was in his eyes." Wonderful line, as was the final one. For a chapter that made me smile several times, that's such a sad note to end on. I like your interpretation of how "Oppress" became Savage's surname, though wow, so very sad.

Wonderful work!
laloga chapter 4 . 8/18/2011
First of all, welcome back! We missed you, too!

Second: I'm glad that you updated this fic...I really enjoy reading your writing and seeing your take on the Nightsisters and Zabraki.

There are some great moments here: "glaring balefully" and "somebody's mother...is facepalming right now." Love how you mix humor with the weighter sense of oppression, with a bit of mysticism tossed in for good measure.

You have some great details that really put me in the moment; I can almost feel the heat from the sun, or see the forest that the brothers are running through.

LOVE the last line! I hope you continue to work on this story, and stick around here!

PS: saw the trailer for season 4, and while I didn't see any sign of Savage, I did see what looked like Asajj with the Nightsisters...so maybe he'll come back. They kind of left it open for his return, didn't they?
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
Yay! You updated! It's nice to read another chapter of this! I've noticed that you haven't been in the SW community here much lately, but with no new movies or TV episodes it's easy to lose interest (I know that happens to me quite a bit!) But since new Clone Wars episodes start up again in September, I guess it's time to start getting our Force on again! ;P

I'm very glad you haven't forgotten about this story!

laloga chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Interesting take on Asajj's birth. I liked how you portrayed Mother Talzin's use of the Force, (the idea of *listening* was particularly powerful), as well as the idea that more and more Force users were being born on Dathomir.

One note: the parentheses were a little distracting, imo. You probably don't need them to create the kind of "aside" or flashback that you want. Perhaps something as simple as "she remembered x" or "at one time x" would suffice.

Great job so far! Looking forward to reading more!
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 3 . 4/18/2011
Very nice! I really like this chapter. I think it captures the Nightsisters, and escpecially Mother Talzin very nicely! Keep up the good work!

SurferSquid chapter 2 . 4/7/2011
Awwwwwwwww baby Maul. I find this suitably adorable.

Also, haha Markus...great name. Inside joke. I'll explain it to you later unless you've already remembered.

I like your small dissertations on the emotional state of refugees-it's not something I've given much thought to but I think you wrote it superbly.

I also love how you wrote a slightly Force-sensitive character. There aren't enough of those in the SW universe, I think, and those that are, usually aren't delved into as nicely as you have.

Also, I want a rancor. Just throwing that out there.

Nem I like your headcanon better than TCW. Someone needs to give you permission to rewrite TCW, basically.
SurferSquid chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Beautiful way to describe a Nightsister, first of all. This is short, but poignant. I also really like how you write Maul seeing everything from such an interestingly predatory point of view, like he perceives everything in terms of how he can kill it. You do a great job getting inside his head and creating complexity in single-minded simplicity.
laloga chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
Wow...really good. I love your description of Markus using the Force, as well as the rancor that the Nightsisters used. (We haven't seen any rancors in TCW, sadly.) Great job so far!
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 2 . 4/1/2011
Ok, I really like the idea of this start to the Nigthbrothers, but I feel that I have to point out a potentially problematic timeline issue. If this is Darth Mauls birth, then it's going to be next to impossible for the Nightbrothers to grow into the numbers that we see in the show in the next 30-35 years. I come to this conclusion by assuming that Darth Maul is 20-25 years old when he fights Obi-wan, add on 10 years until Episode 2, then add another 1-2 years for the Clone Wars to get going. Assuming that all the Zabraks in the Nightsisters Trilogy are about 20-25 years old as well, someone on Dathomir has got to be popping out a little baby Zabrak boy about once every other month in order for all of them to reach maturity by the time the Clone Wars roll around. I'm probably waaaay over-thinking this, but there you go. ;P

laloga chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Awesome intro! Great description of action...and I loved the feathers on Alexi. This story (from the Darth Maul graphic novel, right?) seems like a great segway into what promises to be a compelling fic. Thanks for sharing and please keep it going!
Keeper-of-the-Cheese chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I like it! Even if this one is from the Darth Maul graphic novel, and not the Nightsisters Trilogy. It's still an interesting spot to start the story. I look forward to reading more!