Reviews for Written in Bourbon and Ink
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
That's a good depiction of what Gibbs would be thinking.
Meilea2010 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
That was so sad. Gibbs is lucky to have friends taking care of him like that. Friends that respect his privacy, by hiding the fact that they read something they should not have. Fantastic chapter/story.
lilawonder chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
So sad ... And sweet.
DreamCatcher chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Poor Gibbs. Not sure I see him as a writer, but I love the look into his thoughts and the "what if" questions. I can see him working on a piece of wood as these thoughts are running through his head. Thanks for the story!
Pumpkingirl chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Awww... Gibbs has his own guardian angels:) So sad, yet beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
IMSLES chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Love it Lori!
Can I give him a hug? :)

Sue
alix33 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
"knowing you, you'd have started teaching her the rules. Like was it one or three: never date a lumberjack? What about the rules? Since I've been part of NIS and now NCIS those rules have gone from a dozen all the way up to 51…you told me we needed something to live by…you laughed when I started showing you the ones I was coming up with, yet you never backed down." - AW!

"Oh Shannon what am I doing? Sitting here, getting drunk on yet another Saturday night, writing yet another letter that no one will ever see. Why do I do this to myself? Gibbs lays the pen down and crossing his arms, lays his head down on them and falls asleep. That's how the team finds him two hours later. Tony and Tim gently carry him into the living room and lay him on the sofa. Ziva covers him up with an afghan and Ducky tucks a pillow under his head. They then gather in the kitchen and Tony gives a sad smile as he reads the letter sitting there. Passing the letter to the others, he starts to speak but they shake their heads. Gibbs doesn't need to know his team saw the letter, his heart exposed for all to see. They quietly leave the letter where it had been and softly closing the door they leave the house and its sleeping occupant behind them." - AW! Question(s), though: Does the afghan coordinate with the colours of his couch (that we saw for the first time in season 7)? And what kind of pen and paper did Gibbs use?