Reviews for All That's Old Is New Again
Lucio BetaBlake chapter 3 . 9/1/2014
Wow. An original idea? Good job.
That Guy chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
So are these works of art to be left behind to wilt? Because this is great! Funny, in character, easy to follow, holds a lot of future twists, and you left it on a cliff hanger.

...

Come on, write another chapter? Please?
me chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
:)!
obsidian-fox chapter 3 . 4/7/2013
I would have liked to see more of this. It has an interesting feel to it. But I can understand that you aren't working on it any longer.
Nightraze chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
Interesting fic! Hope you update!
The Last Rising Of The Phoenix chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
...Interesting.
Midoriryu chapter 2 . 6/30/2012
At first I was a little unsure of this story, but you've written it wen and I find it rather fascinating. Naruto and Sasuke may have lost the natural advantages that their original forms had, but from their body's original owner's example they still have to potential for far more than they seem to think. Either way as I said fascinating story.
Phantom Feline chapter 3 . 6/6/2012
A deeply interesting story, for sure. I have /never/ read this situation before, I am absolutely sure now. What I would give for an update, lol... ;3
Phantom Feline chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
The first two lines, and I was already giggling hysterically! XD I've never seen /this/ scenario before XP
Moon Wolf 96 chapter 3 . 5/9/2012
very nice story so far. Are you going to have Naruto/jiraiya meet Mito Uzumaki through his sensei and from there start 'learning' sealing?
Judah chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
Don't really have a great picture of the time-jumped world. The premise is neat, but the main characters aren't interacting with other people from the 'past'.
p-ouji chapter 3 . 3/2/2012
A great fic with a fine premise and excellent characterization. This is the best implementation of this idea so far.
whiskedaway chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Huh, the notion that Orochimaru could've parents... the thought is weird somehow, haha.
Crystal M. Key chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
This is a fun story. Please continute it! Thanks. Favorite quotes:

When Naruto woke up, it was to the face of a six year old Orochimaru.

That well and truly scared the fuck out of him.

He responded immediately, unleashing a battle cry and attacking. Biased observers might have called it a girlish shriek, but said observes would have had a critical lack of faith in Uzumaki Naruto. It was most definitely a battle cry; there was just something wrong with his voice.

He didn't have time to worry about it, though, because a more pressing issue. He'd swung his right fist at the miniature Snake Sannin's face…and he'd missed completely. Somehow, it had fallen short, as if he'd misjudged the distance between them.

Orochimaru looked at him with disdain.

"Dobe, this is your fault." He said.

Naruto immediately wanted to punch him in the face.

He blinked. He'd know that sudden desire to inflict bodily harm anywhere.

"Teme? Is that you?" He asked.

Orochimaru – no; Sasuke simply sneered.

...

Later, Naruto and Sasuke stood beside a confident looking Tsunade. The watched as Sarutobi set a clock as Kakashi had done years before. Or decades in the future. Whatever.

"Ok, it's set for noon." The cheerful looking Third said. It seems even now he was fond of children. Your task is to take these from me before noon. The one who doesn't get a bell gets no lunch either. I'll tie you to a stump and eat your in front of you."

Suddenly, his cheerfulness was somewhat off-putting. Still Naruto and Sasuke knew this song and dance, so they were just surprised that the 'eat your lunch in front of you' hadn't been something Kakashi had made up.

Apparently, dickishness was traditional.

...

Their plan was simple, simply because they didn't have that much to work with and they knew they couldn't actually beat their opponent. Also, Naruto and Sasuke were aware that they had already passed.

Now they just had to endure until Sarutobi said enough was enough.

...

Sarutobi was proud of his team, for he was already thinking of them that way. They were already working well together. He wasn't sure if they'd understood the purpose of this test or just banded together out of necessity, but the results spoke for themselves.

He was satisfied that this test was over, so he put his hands together in a Ram seal and used Shunshin.

Jiraiya found himself flying through the air a moment later, but he didn't realize his sensei had thrown him until he crashed into Tsunade, dispelling her Henge. Orochimaru had just enough time to widen his eyes before Sarutobi appeared in front of him, grabbed him by the face, and tossed him into his teammates, where they fell in a buddle of sprawled limbs. The immediately tried to recover, but their actions merely hindered each other.

"You pass." He said, looking down at the defeated genin. "Starting tomorrow, Team Seven will begin its duties!"

Tsunade looked up at him from the bottom of the pile.

"Yay." She said, drily.

...

They showed up at the training ground exhausted, though. Having the chakra capacity of a six year old was something they were going to have to do something about.

Until then, they'd have to make do with using what they had precisely.

But they had shown up, ready for the first mission of the team they knew would become famous across the continent. Mainly because they knew from experience that it would be anticlimactic.

It was.

Sasuke held the watering can casually as Naruto weeded the garden nearby and Tsunade planted seeds. They were taking turns with the jobs and Sasuke had already weeded and planted.

They were ninja, if very young ninja, so this wasn't hard by any stretch. But it was boring and it was taking a long time.

...

"Orochimaru, why do you have a leaf on your head?" Tsunade asked.

Sasuke sighed.

"Because Jiraiya felt we should do the Leaf Concentration Exercise and I don't have the energy to argue." He answered truthfully.

"…Ah." She said, not really understanding.

"It's a chakra control exercise that teaches concentration, for only those who concentrate can become good shinobi." Naruto explained happily. He was probably trying to sound wise, but Sasuke had been there when Iruka had given the speech he just butchered and wasn't impressed.

Sudden, a hand landed on both of their heads.

"It's nice to see you boys working hard. And I'm glad you were paying attention in the Academy, Jiraiya; sometimes it's the basics that will save your life." Their teacher said, appearing out of nowhere.

Sarutobi appeared to ponder something for a minute.

"Haaa…well, I was going to wait a little while before teaching you this, but since you're practicing your chakra control anyway, I suppose there's no reason not to." He said, seemingly speaking more to himself then to them. "It's an advanced genin skill, but I suppose that if I'm here to watch over you, there shouldn't be a problem."

He clapped his hands, nodding.

"Okay, team, today we'll be learning tree climbing."

As one, the three genin looked at each other and shrugged, murmuring their consent. Naruto and Sasuke knew what he was talking about, but they'd spent a night working on it and had mastered it in another life. Tsunade had amazing chakra control, so she'd probably get it on the first try like Sakura did.

Of course, Sarutobi probably didn't know that, so he just smiled.

"But we'll be climbing…without using our hands!" He said, watching their reactions.

Tsunade, child of a clan of ninja, including the founder of the village, didn't react, but he hadn't really expected her too. Surprisingly, the boys didn't react either.

He felt a bit put-off, but suppressed the feeling, walking towards, and then up, a tree. The genin followed him with their eyes.

They weren't impressed.

He sighed.

...

"He wanted a fight, dobe." Sasuke said. "He just hadn't heard how pathetic we look."

"What! Don't let him get away! This could be the best thing that's happened since the Bell Test!" He suddenly lifted his voice as he pushed himself off the stump and started after the retreating Sakumo. "Hey, you! Come back here!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes, but didn't stop his friend.

He couldn't say he disagreed or that he couldn't use a fight right now.

A quick Shunshin placed him in front of Sakumo.

"Hold up for a minute." He said. "You came here to see what we could do…or am I wrong?"

The 'older' boy blinked once before suddenly being tackled from behind by Naruto.

"Then fight us!" The louder of the pair said. "Come on; it'll be fun!"

To say that Sakumo accepted could be seen as an exaggeration, perhaps. Rather, it could be said that while Naruto clung to the older boys back and demanded amusement, Sasuke began to get annoyed. And an annoyed Sasuke was an aggressive Sasuke.

It had quickly degenerated from there.

...

Sasuke landed on his feet and noticed absently how hard he was panting. God he hated having so little chakra, but he was having too much fun to care about that overmuch.
SuperiorShortness chapter 3 . 1/28/2012
Ryuuga... Your an amazing writer... Everything you do seems to be amazing... Hope we see more soon.

A Fan,