Reviews for Eldritch
SilentReader chapter 20 . 12/7/2014
This is so fucking epic. I don't know what to say. You sir/madam are amazing! The characterizations, the history, the interactions are so, so... them and it's heartbreaking, especially in chapter 20. You got them so believable that I wish this was a side story or an AU that you and JKR published together.
Chatwyn chapter 20 . 11/23/2014
Your writing's lovely. I'm actually content to leave the story here: it seems as though the big, main villain has been kind of defeated, though he will no doubt rear his ugly head again in the future. The characters still have issues but everyone looks like they're moving past that slowly, with the exception of Abe who took a big hit. Tom may or may not still become Voldemort, but hey, he cares which we can say he didn't really - before - and they gave it their best shot.

If you write more, of course I'll take a look! But if you don't, thanks for the ride ;)
Chatwyn chapter 11 . 11/23/2014
Well, that asshole died. Good.
Chatwyn chapter 10 . 11/23/2014
I love the culture, I love the references to plays and history and outside stories, I love the little life lessons you put in here. At the same time, all the references to Tom's life before Albus - those things are hard to read about. As in, I feel heartsick every time Father Sebastian comes up. I know shit happens, and it's horrible if you set if off to one side and ignore it, but the story never lets us forget it either. I swear, your story is like Pandora's Box, reading about Tom's collection and why he did it and how he trusted Dumbledore with the knowledge later, all this angst with just the little bit of hope shining at the end.
Chatwyn chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Oh my god, I wrote that last review too quickly. I should've finished the chapter before writing anything. I feel horrible for everyone in that last chapter: Ollivander who lost his father to snakes, Aberforth in prison, Tom who just lost a dear friend - I'm worried about what that's going to do to his mental state... sounds like he's keeping his head though, for now. Sad about Castle Albus. They had been talking about killing and replacing him before though, so I can't tell if I feel like this is vaguely justice, or if I wished they'd talked to him (and possibly killed him) earlier. What a mess.
Chatwyn chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
I knew I was going to leave messages and praise at your door eventually. I thought of doing it after you wrote about Albus' favouritism, about Slughorn's perception of the situation - because most stories go one way or the other, he's doing it and evil, or he's not actually being manipulative and he's a hero - but you went both ways: he's flawed and doing a bad thing but Slughorn didn't write him off or try to kill him for it. And that's hard to do.

And then I thought about leaving another message when you wrote about Tom falling from the railing and levitating himself back up, that single moment of accord, because that was beautiful. But I couldn't miss a moment of the action - Albus finding Tom the way he did, all the little hints, Tom sings beautifully but he only learnt to do it because he had to, Tom's strong opinion on Robinson Crusoe. I cried over the milk. They go shopping and it fails, and they end up going out for ice cream. I really liked that. It was nice. Sucks about Amy. It makes so much sense that he's Catholic, and you've incorporated that really well.

In the end... this might sound funny, but it was Billy that did it. You wrote about Abe bringing the goat over and Albus having nightmares and I put my head down in my arms and just said 'oh god. okay'. I was smiling though, geez, how did you do that?
Nerevan chapter 20 . 10/27/2014
Oh my god YES YES... This chapter was absolutely AMAZING, I was expecting this to happen but WOW, not in such a way!

The part with Grindlewald calling Tom "half-blood fuck-toy" I gasped, and the "He is good for many things" line, holy shit, Grindlewald is so awful. When he was taunting Dumbledore with that, and then Tom repeated it and cut his legs off, oh my god amazing... just amazing... I'm so excited to see Tom exercising his power, aah. The imagery in that moment was so intense.

I'm also very very sad about Amelia, I hope Abe can recover, he's such a comforting presence and so good to Tom. I hope he holds on through this.

I'm just so in love with it all, please for the love of everything try your best to keep going I'm sure you'll find the motivation again! I'm sending many positive vibes your way and I hope you're doing well [wraps you in a soft, warm towel right out of the dryer]
Ordis chapter 20 . 10/1/2014
I can't- this... Epic. So much epic and why Amelia whyyy? *sniffles* Hyperion Malfoy though, I just adored him and that 'highly useful acquaintance' part, and the growing bond between Dumbledore and Tom (Abe though ;-;) Feel for you though with the demotivation. I love this fic forever, but don't let that guilt you into doing stuff you're not enjoying. RL comes first, and I wish you all the best with it, and if the next update comes in 3 years or even not at all, what you've written so far has still been a wonderful, epic gift, and I'll always be grateful for it. You are the reason I like Dumbledore. Thanks so much for everything!
RevolverOcelot chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
yeah, man. it doesn't matter how much I have to wait, I really, really, really want to know how this amazing tale ends. There's so many outcomes for your story. Dumbledore as a true father figure has been a fantastic read. Your Tom is amazing.
Genuinely curious to see if Dumbledore managed to pull off the impossible, and give Tom a chance at having a better life. I'm also terribly curious to know if Tom will ever find out what he became in Albus' timeline. Aberforth and Castle Albus always make me sad.
You rock, you know?
kamehouse6 chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Oh, pleaaaaase don't abandon us! Your writing is so beautiful and this story is so good! Love how you write all your characters and I really want to know how it will all end. Please, even if takes a long time, don't forget us!
mangoarcher1802 chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Loved your update as always. And I thought you were writing about a Tom who will change with Albus's love. Oh, I'd like to see Albus comparing Harry to Tom, if you can. He can't forget him so soon.
literaryrxn chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Q.Q I am now an emotional wreck.
RosaleeN chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
This is a heartbreaking chapter. Poor Aberforth. Extremely well written as always.
kittykatTim chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
oh, please, do finish this story! it has one of the best plots I've read in a very long time. Not to mention the oddity of seeing an actual nice dumbledore, flawed, but essentially a good man. he could try and treat minerva better though. like all men, a pig when it comes to her.
as for this chapter, well, it's not just superbly written, like all the others, but there's so much action! loved that percival/old dumbledore is so bad-a$$.
and, yeah, love that there was some gore. action scenes without gore and without heroes suffering a lot, are just no fun.
i was surprised to realize i don't want anybody dead. I was scared you were going to kill either castle albus, old albus or aberforth. please, don't. I don't think i can survive dumbledore dying again :P
thanks for the update. and i will shamelessly beg for you to finish this great story.
littlemsstrawberry chapter 20 . 9/29/2014