Reviews for Eldritch
Chatwyn chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
I knew I was going to leave messages and praise at your door eventually. I thought of doing it after you wrote about Albus' favouritism, about Slughorn's perception of the situation - because most stories go one way or the other, he's doing it and evil, or he's not actually being manipulative and he's a hero - but you went both ways: he's flawed and doing a bad thing but Slughorn didn't write him off or try to kill him for it. And that's hard to do.

And then I thought about leaving another message when you wrote about Tom falling from the railing and levitating himself back up, that single moment of accord, because that was beautiful. But I couldn't miss a moment of the action - Albus finding Tom the way he did, all the little hints, Tom sings beautifully but he only learnt to do it because he had to, Tom's strong opinion on Robinson Crusoe. I cried over the milk. They go shopping and it fails, and they end up going out for ice cream. I really liked that. It was nice. Sucks about Amy. It makes so much sense that he's Catholic, and you've incorporated that really well.

In the end... this might sound funny, but it was Billy that did it. You wrote about Abe bringing the goat over and Albus having nightmares and I put my head down in my arms and just said 'oh god. okay'. I was smiling though, geez, how did you do that?
Nerevan chapter 20 . 10/27/2014
Oh my god YES YES... This chapter was absolutely AMAZING, I was expecting this to happen but WOW, not in such a way!

The part with Grindlewald calling Tom "half-blood fuck-toy" I gasped, and the "He is good for many things" line, holy shit, Grindlewald is so awful. When he was taunting Dumbledore with that, and then Tom repeated it and cut his legs off, oh my god amazing... just amazing... I'm so excited to see Tom exercising his power, aah. The imagery in that moment was so intense.

I'm also very very sad about Amelia, I hope Abe can recover, he's such a comforting presence and so good to Tom. I hope he holds on through this.

I'm just so in love with it all, please for the love of everything try your best to keep going I'm sure you'll find the motivation again! I'm sending many positive vibes your way and I hope you're doing well [wraps you in a soft, warm towel right out of the dryer]
Ordis chapter 20 . 10/1/2014
I can't- this... Epic. So much epic and why Amelia whyyy? *sniffles* Hyperion Malfoy though, I just adored him and that 'highly useful acquaintance' part, and the growing bond between Dumbledore and Tom (Abe though ;-;) Feel for you though with the demotivation. I love this fic forever, but don't let that guilt you into doing stuff you're not enjoying. RL comes first, and I wish you all the best with it, and if the next update comes in 3 years or even not at all, what you've written so far has still been a wonderful, epic gift, and I'll always be grateful for it. You are the reason I like Dumbledore. Thanks so much for everything!
RevolverOcelot chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
yeah, man. it doesn't matter how much I have to wait, I really, really, really want to know how this amazing tale ends. There's so many outcomes for your story. Dumbledore as a true father figure has been a fantastic read. Your Tom is amazing.
Genuinely curious to see if Dumbledore managed to pull off the impossible, and give Tom a chance at having a better life. I'm also terribly curious to know if Tom will ever find out what he became in Albus' timeline. Aberforth and Castle Albus always make me sad.
You rock, you know?
kamehouse6 chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Oh, pleaaaaase don't abandon us! Your writing is so beautiful and this story is so good! Love how you write all your characters and I really want to know how it will all end. Please, even if takes a long time, don't forget us!
mangoarcher1802 chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Loved your update as always. And I thought you were writing about a Tom who will change with Albus's love. Oh, I'd like to see Albus comparing Harry to Tom, if you can. He can't forget him so soon.
literaryrxn chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
Q.Q I am now an emotional wreck.
RosaleeN chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
This is a heartbreaking chapter. Poor Aberforth. Extremely well written as always.
kittykatTim chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
oh, please, do finish this story! it has one of the best plots I've read in a very long time. Not to mention the oddity of seeing an actual nice dumbledore, flawed, but essentially a good man. he could try and treat minerva better though. like all men, a pig when it comes to her.
as for this chapter, well, it's not just superbly written, like all the others, but there's so much action! loved that percival/old dumbledore is so bad-a$$.
and, yeah, love that there was some gore. action scenes without gore and without heroes suffering a lot, are just no fun.
i was surprised to realize i don't want anybody dead. I was scared you were going to kill either castle albus, old albus or aberforth. please, don't. I don't think i can survive dumbledore dying again :P
thanks for the update. and i will shamelessly beg for you to finish this great story.
littlemsstrawberry chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
Can't wait to read more
Guest chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
How is it that Tom was nearly eight in the first chapter in September of 1934 but twelve in December of 1936, which this chapter states is only a year later? Shouldn't it be on New Year's Eve of 1938, more than four years after meeting Albus in 1934, that Tom turns twelve?
littlemsstrawberry chapter 19 . 9/7/2014
I love this. Certain parts actually made me cry.
Nerevan chapter 19 . 9/6/2014
I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! This is a review for both 18 and 19!

This did help, it really did! Reading this story makes my heart whole again aah
Castle Albus is such a little brat, oh my god, but I've always loved the disparity between Albus and Castle Albus, it really shows how much he's grown. As much as I wish they saw eye-to-eye, I'm actually glad that they don't. I loved that emotional moment between the two of them in chapter 18... 'I do not wish to survive his death' kills me, I'd find it hard to believe he didn't feel that way in canon.

I also really love the reference to A Rhapsody in Riddle! I glowed at that part ahaha

Tom is really such a wonderful boy, I want more and more people in his life to appreciate all of the great things about him. This is what warms my heart the most in your story, seeing Tom happier, healthier, and more stable than he would have ever been otherwise. I love watching the relationship between Albus and Tom grow warmer and warmer. I know there's this constantly looming danger that things won't stay this way and I really enjoy that fear and tension so I don't wish for it to go away ahaha, but I have hope that things will end well for him in the long term. My fear in stories where some integral part of Tom's past is changed for the better, is that it will somehow keep him from reaching his potential and being as strong and powerful as he could be, I don't want him to settle. That's why I'm so incredibly glad that the yew wand has found it's way to him again (even though laurel wood's properties and personality suggest great things as well! I was happy he picked that wand if not the yew). I want him to do great things with it.

As always I love to see updates from you, you're so perceptive and well-read, and your writing has such a beautiful voice. I come away from your stories feeling like I'm in a dream and everything is more magical than before
smilingcrescent chapter 16 . 8/30/2014
Ahh, Albus trying to keep Tom from Mischief and Tom promptly reporting some he's just done,... lol...

That priest. Gah. Poor Tom, worried about the deeds of his family... and he can't even bring himself to speak about it. He ought to try writing it down (and burning the note after). I agree with Aberforth- they are a bit nutters, using Legilimency instead of actually communicating.

Abraxus is right- Tom isn't good at comforting others (With words). But we do later see him use his father's grave... I wonder if he'd caught onto the fact that it would bother more than a few people, or if he really just thought it'd be useful. ; And in your latest short story (with Voldemort's wraith) he does seem to grasp the need to protect some graves... at least those of people important to him. (need to review that still...need tiiiiiime...)

I'm still most interested in the characters in your story, but I ought to mention from time to time that you're doing really well with the war in the plot/background. I wonder how much longer we have to wait for The Duel.
smilingcrescent chapter 14 . 8/30/2014
This chapter is a lovely exploration of children's nature. I like how you mention how perceptive (and able to tell fraudulence, haha). It IS true., and somehow seems more likely that older people (as old as Dumbledore, for example) might forget. But in the series Dumbledore does a fairly good job remembering about the children's psyche (passwords and candy. Not to mention his speeches... I've seen someone remark on his mischievousness being contradictory- a sort of young-old character ... nice to see some of his insight here.

Tom getting mixed up in a girl who has 'caught a child' because he felt sad for his mother... I can't help but think that is charming and sweet, but also wonder if he's sincere. XD He might just know that is a great thing to say to get attention. on the 'I wasn't sure you knew that!' Such impertinence, but he's just so darned cute.
251 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »