Reviews for Maps & Legends
SatoshiKyu chapter 25 . 5/15/2014
This was wonderfully written! Very enthralling, as well-it would have to be, for me to stomach Anders romance. When it comes to DA fics I prefer no romance at all or light romance from many characters, and for a while there you managed to hit that second option quite nicely. That started disappearing as the pining wangst showed up, but the story was so good otherwise that I was able to ignore it, which is REALLY saying something. Here's hoping you're just taking a break from the sequel and it isn't actually as dead as the 'updated' date would imply.
The Respectable Pureblood chapter 5 . 3/5/2014
I really love the little details so far! Like Bethany wiping the kohl from her eyes, or Aveline scratching at an insect bite. The little sentences that detail ordinary habits that everyone has gets me really attached to them :p anyway this fic is brilliant so far.
Cordelia Storyspinner chapter 25 . 7/31/2012
I loved this story! Wilhelmina is my new favourite Hawke, and I normally don't like warrior Hawke as much. Also, you're really good at making the story humorous without detracting from the emotional value of the events. Overall, really great!
stoobzzwife chapter 25 . 10/28/2011
I have to say that this is one of THE best DA2 playthru stories that i have read... and ive read ALOT lol! Its so well written, from the true emotion that comes out, all of the added dialogue... its really very very good. Now im off to read Life and How to Live It! :)
AeronwyDiobhell chapter 15 . 10/27/2011
Even with the game dialogue dictating the direction of the conversations, it's fun to see the thoughts and gestures behind the characters come through with the rest of what you write. :)
AeronwyDiobhell chapter 14 . 10/21/2011
Grr, I want to smack Anders up'side the head! Poor Wil. :( (And you didn't underplay Tarohne's crazy at all. Not at all!)
AeronwyDiobhell chapter 13 . 10/20/2011
I'm fairly new to your story (heck, to the website), but I had to comment and let you know I'm enjoying it immensely. I LOVE how you're writing Anders and the torment he feels. I especially love that your Hawke isn't this perfect crazy-powerful Hero who always does Right.

Thank you for posting this here and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your story.
CynderJenn chapter 25 . 8/11/2011
Ok, I've been horrible at reviewing, but these last two chapters were real tearjearkers.

You have such a gift with pulling on readers emotions. _
Guest chapter 3 . 8/11/2011
Your comment at the end of chapter 3, that you were taking liberties with the dialogue and asking folks to let you know if it was horrible... well, I had to let you know it's FANTASTIC. I think I'm as engrossed in your story as I have been with the game. THANK YOU for sharing your talent with us like this!
Parchment'n'Quills chapter 25 . 8/10/2011
I feel bad for reviewing your last chapter, but I just spent (literally) my whole day reading this. Maker bless summer eh?

So, I wanted to tell you that you are quiet the insperational author. I must say that I was amazed at your writing skills and how you seemed to tie the words together very nicely. This was really such a great read and your characters have, well, character to them! Especially Wil, she's wonderful! She has all these quirks to her!

So I must say I look forward to reading Act II and III and that I'm very eager to read it! Good luck writing and keep the flow going!
keldjinfae chapter 25 . 8/10/2011
Well... damn. I mean, you /know/ the chapter isn't going to be, "And then Hawke picks up the pieces and starts buying the estate back." But reading through a chapter's worth of it /sucks/. My heart's broken and I'm crying and it's only 8:00 in the morning. Ah, sigh.

Okay, first of all, I love how Hawke /does not/ want to go home and tell her mother-and clearly she was right to be afraid, because if her snap judgment in Lothering wasn't enough, now Wil gets shoved against a wall. I adored that scene for three reasons: Wil's reaction needed to happen, Leandra's anger and grief were more... in character? I always got a bit annoyed that the scene just had Leandra dropping to the floor and Hawke trying to hold her-I felt that the next behind-the-scenes would feature Leandra shoving her away.

And thirdly, Gamlen. It's a nice character shift from the miserable bastard he is to "he's actually an okay guy when you're not packed up in a shack with him". He may be a weasel, but he isn't heartless. And I know heartless: I've played Kingdom Hearts. Sorry, that was bad.

I also enjoyed that you had Cullen still coming to try to press Bethany into the Circle, because technically that should've happened either way. And, dude, not good timing, Cullen. Oh, and Varric making Wil go home was a good touch, too, as was Wil choosing to hide in Darktown-if you're going to sit somewhere and be more depressed than you've ever been in your life, the best way to do it is alone in a place that looks and smells as miserable as you feel (and I see what you did there, putting in that scene with Anders from Wil's POV-"Clever, Leliana, very clever").

But /sitting/ in that awful place, Wil starts to build up that determination to change it (oddly enough, before Bartrand turned into a son of a bitch, I think that's what started him on the path to reclaiming everything-fortunately Wil won't turn into what Bartrand eventually did). She just wants to wallow right now without people trying to lift her up-she'll work on that when she's ready, but right now she's feeling her losses.

I think this whole story turned out beautifully, you got in all that needed to be there for Act I, you wrapped up its important events and characterization and its feel all in one go. Can't wait for the start of the second part. And Isabela. Seriously, that note from her in the estate about spiders and the conversation about the poems and the old boot? Sounds like one kickass lead to me.
xxHPxxGWxx chapter 25 . 8/9/2011
Omg I read the sentence that said this was the end, and I was like, "NOOOOOO!" but then I read on. Lol. I can't wait for Act 2 to come out! I'm so excited; this is one of my favourite Hawke/Anders stories...wait, no it's definitely my favourite. I love how sarcastic and snarky Wil is, and I can't wait to see how Act 2 pans out! Thank you so much for the story, and I can't wait for the next Act!
Bdub chapter 25 . 8/9/2011
Well, I must say.. this is the best DA2 fic I've read. Partly because it mirrors my own playthrough but its just so much more than that! Keep it up! I can't wait to read the next installments.

Until then!
Cybrind chapter 25 . 8/9/2011
I love Cullen. I always have. Poor sotting fool. Ha, he knew about her templar fun eh?

Now that was an interesting encounter... a neighbor huh.. how typical. well that neighbor better pray Hawke never finds out who s/he is.

whew, Leandra is such a bitch. I know she just lost another daughter but really to send her only child away? I could never do that.

Gamlen does care in his own warped way. He just isn't good at expressing it. I always thought it was odd that they would just live there, not pay rent or help with food costs and just leave him once they had money.

Blast, I knew it was coming but damn Wil for falling in love with that self-riteous prat Anders.

I look forward to Act 2.
Evilnor chapter 25 . 8/8/2011
Good ending to this act of your Hawke's life. For the next three years, knowing that she loves or almost loves Anders must be very hard on her. All things considered, that was a pretty easy let down by Anders.

Good characterization of Leandra and her reaction to Bethany's situation. She might have even taken it worse than Carver's death. If Wil had started off with "she's with the Grey Wardens" it could have gone so much easier for her. Hmm, maybe I should do a run of DA2 to see what she says if your sibling dies in the Deep Roads . . . Dangit, now I'm curious, but I hate letting my companions die. Unexpected but understandable show of compassion from Gamlen, too, but I guess it takes special circumstances for him not to act like the world owes him something (I would have said "like a human being, but the jealousy he has for Leandra is a very human thing).

I eagerly await Act II!