Reviews for A Ronmantic Proposal
RonHeartbreaker chapter 3 . 2/5/2012
I was waiting for a meatcakes and lamb&cabbage stew reference. Good work there, btw, with the Swedish meatballs and the danishes. And the Ned cameo. Otherwise, an adorable chapter in which the two of them behave exactly the way a K/R shipper would expect and want them to. Though I must say I'm a bit uncomfortable with the way Ron puts off the ring…the "rules" of fanfic suggest that we're all going to wish he had seized the opportunity, even if it wasn't perfect.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 2 . 2/5/2012
Finally getting around to reading this - been meaning to for a while. Well-written, perfectly edited, good pacing - if a very relaxed feel at the moment - everyone in character, and some very sweet K/R. And Drakken/Shego lurking in the background. A very promising setup.
Karon19 chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
What did Shego find, I wonder? Let's read on and find out.

Darev
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 14 . 1/7/2012
Great ending to this story, tying everything up nicely, and even giving us a sort of bonus scene with Drakken and Shego. Both Kim and Ron have finally figured things out and resolved their problems, so alls well that ends well.

Kim's the last one to find out about her own proposal; rather ironic considering Ron wanted to keep it a secret from everyone so Kim didn't find out. I think that was my favorite line, Kim not hearing about her proposal until everyone else knew.

I'll admit when I first saw you posting this story, I had assumed it was just a simple proposal story; short and then done. This story was so much more than that, though, and well worth reading. Funny, romantic, and most of all it feels just like the show.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 13 . 1/6/2012
I like the action going on in this one, it's the perfect end to the disasters that Kim and Ron have been facing this entire story. This comes across just like a normal mission the two have to deal with, and I could see something like this happening in the series. Nice touch with the hairdryer retaining its original function.

It was funny, and perfectly fitting, that the Jade Monkey survived the mission. Considering how often they end up destroying evil artifacts and inventions, it's nice to see one survive, if just to leave it open for another villain to use it later.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 12 . 1/5/2012
A very sweet, perfect little proposal. Kim and Ron finally clear the air, each one of them telling the problems and fears that they've been having, and are able to deal with them. I always like the resolution chapters because it's always fun to see them realize that everything they've been going through would have been so much easier if they'd just relied on each other.

I like how surprised Kim is that there's a ring. Of course she really isn't thinking about it after the proposal that Ron gives, but it's funny that as soon as she hears about it, she seems to want to see it immediately. I'm sure that once she gets that ring on her finger, she's never going to take it off.

Seems Ron conveniently forgot that this isn't the first, or even the second time that he's lost the ring. I guess he's blocking out the failures of the last couple of days. Can't really blame him, though, considering what's been happening.

Wonderful chapter, I always enjoy seeing what sort of Ronmantic things Ron (and the author) comes up with.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 11 . 1/4/2012
I'll admit when I first started reading this, I felt a little bit ripped off, that we weren't going to see anything of what happened. A few more lines in, I realized things seemed a bit suspicious, but reading through and seeing what happened. Nice little tease there.

Drakken seems to make his best plans when he's really not trying that hard to make things flashy. He'd probably be brilliant if someone could get him to stop caring so much about what others think. It's actually sort of funny when you compare that to how Kim acts and deals with things. I always enjoy seeing a villain getting close to actually succeeding-it always makes it seem like the writer is considering things very carefully.

0 for 3 when it comes to bringing Rufus along on missions; when it comes to their success rate, they probably need to look at the Rufus factor-there may really be something to it. I would have loved to see a little more with Rufus, in regard to the Mystical Monkey Power and it being blocked-it would have been a good opportunity to work the little guy in.

I noticed this chapter ends with Kim and Ron tied up together, and everything looks hopeless. Seems rather familiar to a movie I seem to remember...
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 10 . 1/3/2012
I always figured Kim would be much more interested in playing than watching a game, but I guess since she's done cheerleading, she is familiar with being just off the sidelines for games. With Kim's competitive nature, as you mentioned, she probably would get very involved with things.

I had already figured that since Ron's first and second proposals had gone wrong, that this one would as well-despite the third time being the charm. It was nicely done, though, with the spill leading right in to Kim looking up just a second too late.

Ron deciding not to tell Wade about the proposal always seems to backfire, no matter what story it is in; I'm always surprised that he doesn't know that Wade is sure to call in at the absolute worst time. Removing the battery on the Kimmunicator was a nice touch, though, and something I don't see often in any story.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 9 . 1/2/2012
Gee, there's no way that Ron's most recent proposal idea could go wrong. Considering the amount of people involved now, it just spells disaster.

I like the portrayal of the twin in this chapter. They are usually just seen as disruptive, and enjoy teasing her and making her life difficult, but you've really show that they care for her, too. It's nice to see them being a little more supportive of their sister for a change.

I've always disliked Ron Reager for his actions in 'Homecoming Upset,' and the fact that he-and Bonnie-got no come uppance. Sounds like might be a good way for him to start making amends. Nice touch.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 8 . 1/1/2012
I couldn't help but notice this is the second time that Rufus has been left behind on a mission; particularly a mission that Ron finds his Mystical Monkey Powers blocked. The poor little guy's never around when they need him.

I like how you keep tying both Kim and Ron's insecurities together, when one of them starts to feel down about something, the other starts to feel the same way. It's rather ironic, though, than neither of them really seem to realize the effect they are having on the other.

Kim being the distraction is actually a pretty natural idea, I think. If you consider that she's the one that almost always foils the villains plots, just her mere presence would be distracting. It's too bad Kim doesn't realize that, but it plays into her own Kimpetitive nature, so it fits perfectly in canon, and in the story.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 7 . 12/31/2011
Another close call here with Monique; you're pretty good at that. Forunately Monique is usually pretty quick on the uptake and she figured it out before she could blurt something out.

I really like seeing Hana in this chapter. That's probably one of my favorite things about Kim Possible fanfiction stories, is seeing Hana a little more grown up. Considering she is, or was, a 'world saving ninja baby,' she's just as good an addition to the strangeness of the Possible and Stoppable families. Seeing her here, and how you portray her is really fun.

The last few lines with Hana and Ron make me think of the line, 'How could things get worse?' Your writing takes advantage of that, writing to an ending point, then adding just a bit more that makes the story really stick out.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 6 . 12/30/2011
Does it make me a bad person if I find the angsty situation between Kim and Ron amusing? I always find it sort of funny that they get this upset over what happens, then compound problems by assuming the other person is blaming them. It's always been one of my favorite plot points, and you do it very well here, without over doing it, and making things seem too down.

I will say that I've never cared for Kim and Ron meeting someone who blames them when things go wrong, even though they were trying to help. That's more personal feeling on the matter than your writing; part of what I like about the show is how everyone is always so appreciative to Kim and Ron.

The last section of this chapter is brilliant, having the Stoppables come over, the whole time I'm worried they'll say something they shouldn't, and Kim will figure things out, but fortunately for all, she doesn't. Or maybe not so fortunately, considering how Kim is feeling.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 5 . 12/29/2011
Trust the parents-at least James-to almost ruin the surprise for Kim before the night's even started. It's funny how many close calls there are in this chapter, with James, Ron, and even Ann making things a bit more obvious than they should be.

Just when the dinner seems to be going off without a hitch, things always get interrupted-of course, what would be any story like this be without an interruption. It's a nice interruption that seems completely natural to the story, perfectly keeping in line with what we see in the show. I always have to wonder though, why Ron never things to let Wade know what's going on.

I really enjoyed the part with the man at the restaurant-Ron's just always seen as so goofy, as comic relief, and I love it in any story when he shows that stern, 'don't try anything' look. I think he'd manage to pull off being scarier than Kim or Shego. Very nicely done.
purplegirl761 chapter 10 . 12/29/2011
Gaah, this is getting frustrating. That's nothing against your writing - in fact, I think it's a good sign when a story gets you to care enough about the characters to be frustrated with them. When I read the bit about Kim looking at her soaking pants while the proposal flashed on the scoreboard, I literally wanted to scream, "NOOOOOOO!" out loud. Probably would have if people hadn't been in the next room.

I'm glad Kim and Ron can't stay mad at each other for long (the way they apologized in sync was cute, very "them"), but I feel so bad for both of them. Especially Ron; he's so desperate to make things perfect for the girl he thinks of as being just about perfect.

"I'm not being cheap! It's romantic!" Well, with Ron, it's probably a little bit of both. I loved the line about his "goofy, slightly off-kilter sense of romance" - Ron kind of has a goofy, slightly off-kilter sense of everything, and that's part of his charm.

I know I use the word "adorable" too much, but I can't think of any other way to describe the way Ron was thinking about Kim toward the beginning of the chapter, how she made everything all right with his world, and caused him to be brave in ways he never could have imagined. These kids have something special, and you capture it so well.

Miscellaneous:

*I like the detail of Ron's knee bouncing from nervousness. Mine does that all the time and it really bothers my family, so I can feel his pain.

*The parallel between Swingin' Swenlin's last chance to hit the ball and Ron's last chance to propose to Kim was cool. I did notice it says Swenlin stepped up to the plate "for the fourth and final time." Was that a typo?

*If only they could have found a way for the Tweebs to take the Kimmunicator's calls instead of cutting Kim off entirely from Wade. I can see why she was ticked, but at the same time. . .

"This would be so much easier if he could just tell her the truth—the whole truth—instead of trying to pick out the pieces of the truth that were safe to let her in on." That just summed up the whole chapter right there, I think. Poor, sweet Ron.
ZorpoxTheConqueror chapter 4 . 12/28/2011
Maybe not the best way to say it, but it's nice to see a little uncertainty from Kim for a change. While she is almost always the take charge 'anything is possible' hero, she has also had times in the series when she had to deal with her own confidence issues. Seeing this written here in your story shows your understanding of the characters, and makes your overall writing that much better.

I like the Kim and Monique section, because it is a lot how I picture their relationship, with Monique supporting, but often knowing more about what's going on than Kim might realize. Monique often seems to know what going on between Kim and Ron, whether it's because she's figured it out, or because Ron's tipped her off. It's nice to see in your writing how she's putting everything together, the judging the best way to help both of her friends.
291 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »