Reviews for Empty Houses
BlackWolfSong chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
This was an excellently written story. While I was reading it, I could see it in my head. (I didn't know Sherlock was *on* the table until he jumped down, but the rest of it was good.) Excellent charactization. I forgot I was reading a story and not watching a film until I was done reading.
NotTheIngenue chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Wonderful character study!

I'm intensely curious about Watson's intense reaction to empty houses, though. I wonder what brought that on?
LadyShelley chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Great story! Well written and so in character for both. thank you for sharing.
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Beautifully written, believable, true to character; thank you :)
Elle dont tu lis les histoires chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
So. Good. The characters were completely spot on and the writing was just excellent, and the story just grabs you and won't let go and stays with you long after you read it.

Fantastic.
Minerva Grey chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
This was just wonderful. Your Watson is brilliant - he's three dimensional, mature, caring, and willing to stand up for his beliefs. I love the way he understands and accepts Sherlock's shortcomings, yet is willing to try to achieve some sort of mutual understanding and an acceptable compromise despite the difficulties.

Sherlock is just as he should be - almost completely lacking in social graces, derisive and cutting, yet there is a glimmer of something else, a person with feelings and a real, working heart. The way he reacts to the idea of John's dead body is just wonderful - heartwarming in a slightly twisted sort of way. :D

"But it's what you wore when you were you." - that line stayed with me, as did John's mantra.

Very well done! I hope you write a lot more fics in the future, because I for one would love to read them! :)
lolathimble chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Awww, the poor love; he is trying, isn't he? Haha! Loved it.
toeki chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
love the way you handled the topic. the "houses" comparison is brilliant, i like it. as well as the unusual way john takes to prove his point.
None0000000 chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
So, I rather really like this story.

I read it last night, but kept it up in my browser with the singular purpose of writing you a review to tell you so. Your descriptions are lovely, as well as your spot-on characterization. You tend to elaborate just the right amount of subjects, but always stop before it gets too verbose. And the analogy between a body and a home is perfect (I'm a sucker for analogies).

In fact, the only critique I could give you would be this: keep your point of view constant. We start off the story from John's point of view, but occasionally, we are told what Sherlock is thinking. Point of view changes are like the author taking the reader's head and snapping it in a different direction.

Other than that one nitpick however, this was wonderful. I especially adore the ending. It's beyond perfect.

Keep writing, dearest!
Pilikia18 chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Wow! Well done! Held my breath through most of the story.

I think you nailed both John and Sherlock. Great story. One of my favorites!
BellaDonna24 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
L! I absolutely adored it! Please write more!

Xx BellaDonna
PeanutTree chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
This was lovely! I was holding my breath through John's demonstration, hoping that Sherlock would finally get it. I love that he did, even a little!
sallybowles chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
This was lovely. Thank you.
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Well, that was... brilliant, fantastic, lovely, and many, many synonyms besides. I would pay you just to write like this. Your characterizaton was spot-on, and it left me wondering what happened to John's marraiage... pretty please give me some backstory to chew on while I don't do my schoolwork? Ah well, for now I'll just have to be happy with your lovely stories and wait for more. Thanks!

Cheers, O'Foggage
PB Headless chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
... Is it bad that I almost want you to stay unemployed so you can show us more of this glorious writing?

Brilliant indeed :)