Reviews for Empty Houses
lovesFanFic chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
This is really nicely done. I like your take on how people deal with cadaver lab. John's classmates react more intensely than people in my experience, but I'm not British, so maybe it's different there. The message and delivery are well done. Sherlock's reactions are spectacularly in character. Nice vocab at the end there ;-)
deaka chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Oh wow, this was unbelievably fantastic. I've seen few attempts at tackling something like this veer into subtle OOC territory - either John's too strident or too passive, or Sherlock chastens too easily - and it's such a joy to find a story that handles them both (and the issue itself) with dignity. Love that John finds a way to handle his anger and make his point clear to Sherlock - in Sherlock-speak, as such - without turning it into blame on Sherlock for being what he is.
98Shaddowolff98 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Aww. Wow. This was unbelievable. Well wrote out, extremely good story, you have done a remarkable job. Really tugged my heartstrings. We must be careful, this was someone's home. So very wonderful.
Chalcedony Rivers chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
This was completely amazing. I loved the "houses" metaphor, and John's reactions. The best bit for me was the ending, just because it wasn't a classic Sherlock-learns-to-be-human moment; it was Sherlock respecting, if not fully understanding, John's opinions. The characters were perfectly formed, and your description was never too overwhelming. Wonderful.
grannysknitting chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
that's an interesting way to teach someone a lesson - and of course with Sherlock if it's not immediately relevant to his personal worldview it's pointless and therefore deleted

spot on!

thanks for sharing with us!
george chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Augh, so good. Your characterization, John's ideas, Sherlock's logic, Sherlock's trying, John's sense of victory...this is not a very helpful review, perhaps, but please know that I enjoyed your story. Extremely successful, I think. I'll be watching for more from you.
Ethelinda's Window chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Oh wow - that was brilliant. I've been dealing with and studying dead bodies for years and I've never thought of them like this. I’m very grateful for your in-character-ness too – this could have easily become a sop fest and left me banging my head against a wall. And to top it off, I love your writing style.

Thanks for sharing and I hope to read more from you.
Emma chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
That was great.

Tou were very careful with this. You could have made Sherlock get the point quickly, but then there would have been no character building. I appreciated how much you put into this. At one point I thought you might have written yourself into a hole because how could someone like Sherlock ever understand the sanctity of life? And then you mentioned the freckles. It was a perfect conclusion.

Great job.
speck211 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Beautiful and awkward, their relationship in a nutshell. This is really eloquent and insightful. No criticism to give. Brilliant and look forward to more from you.
Hope chapter 1 . 4/1/2011