Reviews for Timeline
Artifact Seeker chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Well, where should I start?

First of all, the whole story is written with a very fluent, clear style. The elegance of the language makes it very pleasant to read and the changes of perspective (Sydney's and Nigel's) keeps it interesting and diverse.

Now the plot- of course at first I welcomed the idea with a slight grin, as I expected a simple treasure hunt. But as I dwelled into it, I understood, that under the layer of adventure & sci-fi, there is a whole level of psychological analysis of the character personalities, adorned with the references to my favourite episodes (Fountain, Ring) and characters (Stewie, Dallas, etc.).

Besides, had I known the Star Trek saga as well as you do, I would probably have enjoyed it much more. But even despite of my little knowledge of the universe (I know the basics, of course: Picard, Data, Enterprise) I liked the mention of Nigel being three years younger-Einstein-would be proud (:D).

And there is one more thing- the mention of their hunt for the golden cross- very interesting. Especially that such crucifix really exists- it was stolen during the Alaric raid of Rome in 410. And that is the subjects that absolutely catches my imagination.

Concluding- an interesting, unusual story, combining al that you, without any doubt love the most. And the great insight into the characters' past, feelings and relations. A fanfiction at it's finest!
ivoryrose75 chapter 8 . 12/4/2011
I finally finished reading your Timeline story. I enjoyed it a lot. I really sorry what have happened to Nigella but seems it was important because of the Timeline.

Thank you for the story. I especially loved when you mentioned your previous story as Nigel's life story. It really was a fun and good idea :)

Great job!

Hope you're going to write more :)
Abducted By Eon Of Chronia chapter 8 . 11/9/2011
Sweetheart, I'd like to give you a virtual "standing ovation", because this now complete story deserves MUCH applause! Yes, the ending was bittersweet, but BEAUTIFULLY DONE. As with the other 7 chapters, I was able to see this one happening in my mind (like a movie). Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, and more importantly, for being MY FRIEND! I was very surprised (and thrilled) to see my username mentioned along with your other readers in that final Author's Note. We all LOVE your work! *HUGS*
samantha kyle chapter 8 . 10/8/2011
what a great final chapter. A perfect, even if sad, ending to a brilliant story. Well done and thank you :)
CellyLS chapter 8 . 10/8/2011
Steam! Wonderful end!

I loved this fic so much, Nige had suffered but he found his happiness, I'm so glad! He became father! Ow, what a handsome papi ;)

Nigella and the twins were amazing. But you shouldn't have killed her, poor kid, OMG, I'm sad! How could you do this to the girl? How?

Well, enough crying. This chapter was really good, I couldn't help laughing when I read about Sydney's arthritis, hahahah! Yeah, this happens.

I enjoyed reading your work, anyone can see the time and the dedication you put on this fic. Just hope you'll have enough will in the near future to write more to us. Please? Pretty please? Pretty pretty please?

Love you, Steam! Wish you all happiness, and thank you so much for sharing this amazing fic!

Kisses to you!
samantha kyle chapter 7 . 10/1/2011
omg. I didnt think that nigel and syd would get married. This is getting even better.
samantha kyle chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
im glad he is back home now, but poor nigel to find out (again) about the wedding.
Abducted By Eon Of Chronia chapter 7 . 9/24/2011
Oh my god... this chapter has such a wonderful twist to it! I absolutely adore the way Nigel FINALLY gets the woman he's wanted for so long. I honestly didn't think it was going to happen, as the plot was going in the opposite direction, and then BAM! That u-turn I was hoping for came along. I giggled a little while reading that last part... I can just imagine William Ryker being chased down (AND then beat down) by Sydney and Nigel! :D

There's such a cliffhanger ending here, and I love it!
Steph1992 chapter 7 . 8/24/2011
Another great chapter! Hope everyone is enjoying this story as much as i am :)
ivoryrose75 chapter 7 . 8/18/2011
Well Done!

Really great chapter. I enjoyed it a lot. I really felt sorry for Sydney when Nigel had been so cruel to her with his words but it was awesome how you brought closer the brothers.

I loved how Syd and Nige had been in peace with each other and how the little girl and the time brought together Nigel and Sydney.

I hope Syd won't hurt Ryker too much. I hope he will be all right.

Can't wait for the last part :)
CellyLS chapter 7 . 8/16/2011
Oh, girl, my heart was pounding desperately as I read this chapter!

Tension. The discussion with Sydney at the beginning of the chapter and the revelation that she was pregnant, AAAAAAAAAAHHH!

I wondered what would happen ... what would happen ... what would happen... aaaaaaaH!

Wow, I really need to stop crying here, I'm beginning to bother the neighbors.

Well, the story continued, and Preston showed that he became a much better man (although he has not managed to keep his marriage with Sydney! BuahahahaaaAAH! That's it! Take that, you little beggar! HahahahaaaaaaaH! I can hardly contain my joy!)

Owwwww, Uncle Nigel! So cute! He took care of the small Nigella! And mommy Sydney began to see how the TA is sexy, and that he would make a great husband! (Syd, dear, we all knew that already. But I have to confess that my level of respect for you went up to the maximum again. You loved Nigel before, and when he returned you did not let him escape! Yeah, girl!)

! And now the moment I prayed for! The moment I wished for so much! It really happened! I can not believe it! Steam, I looove you!

[[Louisa Wright was, once again, the guest of honour and she simply couldn't hide how delighted and, quite frankly, relieved she was that Nigel had, at last, found happiness.]]

I totally agree, LOUISA! Syd, relax and enjoy your husband, because I'll no longer need to torture you mercilessly! What a bliss! The happy lovebirds! Everything I could want in a fic!

Oops, Ryker was caught! OMG, now what?

I need the sequel! Steam, do not leave me without the continuation of this story! Post the eighth chapter now! *snif*

I'm loving loving looooving this fic very much! Thanks for sharing it, Steamboat!

Big kiss for you!

Plese, do not take too long to post the next chap!

Love
Abducted By Eon Of Chronia chapter 6 . 8/7/2011
Wow, the goodbyes between Nigel and the Enterprise crew nearly brought me to tears! When Nigel is finally returned to Earth, I can just feel the confusion and sadness his mind is obviously overwhelmed with. It must seem like a waking nightmare to him.

This 6th chapter is just as amazing as the past 5, and I'm very much looking forward to reading the 7th!
Abducted By Eon Of Chronia chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
Yet another WONDERFUL chapter! I love the interaction between Nigel and Worf. I can just imagine the poor little thing panicking at the mere site of that huge, scary-looking alien!

I'm still amazed at the way this "movie" is playing out in my mind as I'm reading your story. Only an excellent writer could achieve that in every single chapter, and that's exactly what you are, my dear!
CellyLS chapter 6 . 8/1/2011
I'm nervous. I cannot wait to find out what the captain wants with Nigel. He will send him back to Earth, right?

[[Now I don't want you to worry about that at all, we just need to talk to you and explain a few things." Strangely, that little speech had the opposite effect and put Nigel completely on edge; he was now dreading it!]]

Oww, me too! Picard, say what you mean! Do not kill me with nervousness here!

...

It was true, Nigel will return! Yayyyy! But... poor boy, he will return to a completely different and sad life! T.T

[["Oh… that's good Sir, I suppose, but really, apart from wanting to see my nanny and a few other people, I've got no reason to go home now. If three years have passed on Earth, like you said they would, I'll have lost my job, my apartment and everything else will have changed; including my friendship with Sydney. Preston will treat me like he used to, now he's married Sydney, and my life will be miserable" Nigel said, on the verge of tears.]]

I understand your pain, Nige! TT3TT

...

Oh, he woke up and did not remember anything! OMG!

[["No, my parents are dead and I wasn't sleeping on a bench; I was…. was, um, well….. the last thing I remember was arriving home from work; I put the key in the door and… and… then I remember seeing the stars above me and waking up here a little while ago" Nigel said, wondering if what the cop had said, about how he came to be there, was true.]]

Afff, what will happen when Sydney finally arrives?

[["Nigel, don't act the innocent with me! You've been gone almost three years and you know it! For God's sake, tell me where you've been; you took your passport with you so you must have been travelling!" she said as loudly as she dared, bearing in mind they were in a hospital.]]

Bwahahah! The b*** has the guts to call him a liar! If I was there, and if I knew martial arts, and if I was not completely addicted to Nige’s sufferings I would give you a lesson, Syd!

Oh, and now the best part:

[["Really" Cate said, looking at him with her arms folded across her chest, not at all convinced he wasn't hiding something.]]

Here comes the b*** #2, who never helped Nige when he really needed and now wants to judge the poor thing!

Ow, Cate, shut up! If I knew martial arts, and if I was there, I would really kick you out of that hospital room! Don’t you see that the man is in pain? Nigel, I think you should come to my place, take a couple of days off (like three years); I believe you, honey, and I will treat you like a prince! ;)

[["Madam!" she shouted "what he's told you about losing his memory is not ridiculous! I can assure you it happens and it's very frightening! Nigel's been trying really hard to remember things, but he can't! You shouldn't treat him like that; he's suffered enough as it is without you making him look like a liar!"

Cate was rather surprised by the nurse's tone as she was not accustomed to being told off!

The nurse continued "Now, madam, if you raise your voice again I'm going to have to ask you to leave!"]]

Yes, yes, YEEEEESS! Dear nurse, show this woman who’s the boss! Bad girl, Cate! Bad girl!

And now the most dramatic moment on the chapter. The most awaited moment! Syd tells him about the wedding!

Hooyaaaaaaa! That's it, Syd. Make him feel bad for not remembering his own life was not enough; you had to come and show that he does not even have a place at your side anymore… this is sooo sad! OOooow, I love it!

[["No! This can't be real, you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't" Nigel cried. Sydney tried to calm him down but he was devastated, she'd shown him three photographs of the wedding.]]

Please, Nige, do not cry! I heard somewhere that you’ll get married too ;)

OMGGGGGG, I’m so anxious to read the next chapter. This reunion was full of misunderstandings and sadness; I hope that soon Nige finds happiness again T_T

Did you heard it, Syd? I hope Nigel finds happiness! Do not think I will forgive you for marrying Preston; you’ll have to do something very veeeery special to deserve our forgiveness.

Steam, I loved this chap. This fic is amazing and I can’t wait for the next update!

A lot of kisses for you, love!

(sorry my grammar again *3*)
ivoryrose75 chapter 6 . 7/23/2011
Awe poor Nigel. It must be scary not to remember anything and when your memory stays 3 years before and things happens whant you never wanted or never imagined would happen. I would feel terrible too and not enought that nobody believes you. It must be hard. Especially when something happens you never ever believed would happen in your life.

Poor Nigel. I wonder what happens next.