Reviews for What We Have is What We Make of It
Teucrian chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Excellent story. It was quite an enjoyable read. It was good to read a piece of fanfiction where harry is "handicapped" (or otherwise not "normal") without the author sermonizing about it or making it a source of instant magic superpowers.
simys chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
WOW I really can't think of a thing to say it was incredible
Emerald Ashes chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Harry and Hermione's relationship is adorable. You also managed to keep Snape in character, while showing a slightly more reasonable (if still harsh) side of him. This whole concept is incredibly unique. I've read only a handful of fics where Harry is damaged by the Killing Curse and fewer still that change his personality so drastically.

Way to shake up the timeline, too. They don't find out about the stone. Dumbledore stops the Chamber from opening. Sirius is never revealed to be innocent. Does he die in this, without Harry's intervention, or is he still in hiding somewhere? Is Pettigrew still hiding as a rat? Harry cannot compete in the tournament. I wonder if Voldemort used a different ritual for his resurrection. Was Pettigrew even the one to help him?

Love this line: "Hermione said Yes sir as respectfully as she could since that was how Snape always acted, no reason to start resenting being treated like she was stupid now"

I wonder what the Hat meant when he called Harry "brave like Peter Pettigrew." I suppose they're both rather quiet and cling to their friends. Pettigrew certainly isn't a traditional Gryffindor, and comes off as a coward in the books. Surely the Hat placed him in that House for some reason, though, right? I'd place this Harry in Hufflepuff, if he weren't too loyal to be separated from Hermione.

On a lighter note, props to you for using "bemused" correctly.

Well, that's the end of this enormous review. Thanks for the read! It was delightful.
Smithback chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
nice and interestin... maybe I would liked that you added something else at the end.. like what happened afther...

but it was really good t
SunflowersAndDandelions chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
One of my favorite stories on . I love this Harry. It makes perfect sense that harry should be affected in some way by the killing curse.
Cholera chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Fascinating. Loyal!Hermione and Not All There!Harry.
notyou chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
That's a good one. Thx.
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
This was a fascinating little story. Thank you! Favorite quote:

Neither Professor Snape nor Harry surfaced for dinner, so Hermione divided the last of their food into three portions and took it down to join them. Both males appeared utterly absorbed in their work. The only notice her appearance got was a brief glance and bark from Snape not to bring that into his lab.

"You'd best get rid of it then," Hermione replied, setting a plate down on the other side of the table in front of each of them. The professor's resemblance to her friend at that moment made it easy to boss them both the same.
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Loved this line: “She tried to think of something that would fit both their definitions of reality.”

But how did the business of Quirrel-demort and the Philosopher’s Stone turn out?

You really could have turned this into a novel if you had liked, works well enough as is though. ;)
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
wonderful! this is a great story!
malko050987 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This Harry reminds me a lot of Forrest Gump :)

Beautiful fic.

Chris
Rigal chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Awesome!
iopgod chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
excelent stuff, thank you.
grey mage chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
good story. a bit sad, and lonely. but i feel the focus in the beginning should have been on Hermione if you've gonna finish with it.
opopanax chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Actually, dreamless sleep potion is mentioned in the books. Look:

"I'm all right," he told them. "Just tired."

Mrs. Weasley's eyes filled with tears as she smoothed his bedcovers unnecessarily. Madam Pomfrey, who had bustled off to her office, returned holding a small bottle of some purple potion and a goblet.

"You'll need to drink all of this, Harry," she said. "It's a potion for dreamless sleep."

From GoF, chapter thirty-six.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »