Reviews for What We Have is What We Make of It
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Very good read there, really enjoyed the dynamic built between a different Harry and Hermione, and seeing a Harry who came through and did something even more with himself.
DecepticonDefenestrater chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I check my version of the Goblet of Fire and it actually says "It's a potion for dreamless sleep." It never actual says that what it's called also it's described as purple instead of the blue I hear it called in fandom all the time. Though it's obvious why it's called a dreamless sleep potion. Thanks for helping me learn that interesting tidbit.

I really liked how you kept Snape in character. This is a really good story.
irezel chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
very nice...i do love your refreshing new takes on the series...:) i do believe that that is indeed the limitations of potions...the liquid form...

anyway, nice fic!
rekrula chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
this was a truly excellent story. i can't tell you how much i enjoyed it. thanks for sharing. now i'm off to check out your other stories.
al chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I'm only half way through and I have tears in my eyes. What an incredible read. Your characters breathe. I'm in awe of your writing and story-telling skill. Thanks for sharing!
Maethoriel Raina chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
So normally when other fandoms that I don't know about are included in HP fics it's hard to follow. But you wrote this very well that it seemed all original and only slightly confusing in parts. I really like how you got rid of Vernon. Will Harry's time on the streets be a focus point for the story? Will Vernon turn up again? I'll just have to keep reading. Looking forward to the update, keep up the good work.

With regard to your AN, I think dreamless sleep is mentioned only once. In GOF after the graveyard, though it isn't expressly named as such.

...purple potion and a goblet.

“You’ll need to drink all of this. Harry,” she said. “It’s a potion for dreamless sleep.”

Harry took the goblet and drank a few mouthfuls. He felt himself becoming drowsy at once.

Oh and I think Privit Lane should be Privet Drive
FatesShadow83 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Loved this!
mountainelements chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Nice! Very original and enjoyable.
Jeremiah2006 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
loved it hope you continue it.
valedicere chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Dreamless Sleep Potion actually is real. Harry takes some after facing Voldemort in the graveyard if memory serves. In any case, HP Lexicon isn't perfect. A simple Google search brings up the correct mention of it in the text.
Gertie chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Wow. Just wow. This story…...is AMAZING! I read it straight through! You did a REALLY good, no, marvelous job on it! Well done!
pazed chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Wow! Beautifully written, neat construction and perfectly maintained tone and tension. A masterful piece which I really enjoyed reading.

Thanks... p
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
It might have been the dark lord doing, but it sounds like aspberger or something simular. Intersting au anyway. Remus and Sirius never met Harry?
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3