Reviews for The Almost Life
Motley Disposition chapter 6 . 9/22/2013
So from what I've gathered from your story Rachel was never given up for adoption. Which means she was never adopted by the Berry's and her name should be Rachel Corcoran. Maybe you explained this in an A/N and if so, sorry for wasting your time.
hudberry chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
i hope you update this soon, it's such a great story :)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/2/2012
I started reading this last night, fell in love, and know I need more! Too good! Update soon!
Gleek0423 chapter 7 . 6/23/2012
I love this story! It's awesome how you keep this sstory so detailed without reviewing what actually happens in the show. Like when you kind of briefly describe what happens so that we won't be bored and then you get to the good stuff! :)Keep up the good work! :) Can't wait for the next update!
hudberry chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
I love how you manage to bring little moments from other episodes, but still able to keep it mainly to the plot.

Can't wait for the next update! :)
noro chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
finchel 4 eva nice work
mar-hhr4ever chapter 6 . 6/18/2012
Just caught up with this story. I'm loving it
hudberry chapter 6 . 6/18/2012
Poor Finn and Rachel. :( Can't wait for the next chapter!
noro chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
finchel 4 eva update asap
mysedai chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
I'm so excited to see your update! And thanks for the shout out *hugs* I hope you get a hundred reviews!
LOVED chapter 5 . 2/2/2012
cravensvt chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Very good story, I hope you plan to update it?
TaleWeaver chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
Sorry for taking so long for this review; I recently discovered a new tv show to write fic for!

Oh, Rachel. Finally the penny drops.

Wow. Rachel really knows her romcoms, doesn't she? I think she hit at least half of the romcom cliches listed at tvtropes!

The irony IS substantial.

Interesting thing about Quinn's pov. I start off feeling taken aback at her intense planning, then disgusted by how obviously she's using Finn simply for her own purposes, sympathetic when she starts reflecting on how much effort the whole thing takes,then I just want to groan. I'm not sure whether I just want to slap her for being so self-centered where Finn's concerned (because of the way she assumes that he has no right to his own life if it interferes with her plans) or shake her for being so blind that she can't see that creativity can get you success, too. Granted, I haven't seen the latest eps yet, but Emma was right back in season 1; it'll be a lot easier for Finn to get a college scholarship for music than football, even if it's just because of less competition.

Loved the visual of all the Gleeks slipping & sliding around the roller rink, especially the Tina/Mercedes pileup!

Liked the conversation about VA & some of the exaggerated rumors-honestly, they couldn't do all the things the show says, or sooner or later a parent would have had Shelby up on abuse charges. Mind you, I wonder what other schools' cheerleaders say about Sue Sylvester (I even have a line about that in 'Magnetism', about some Carmel cheerleaders asking Finn if it's true that Sue's seven feet tall with venomous fangs & poisonous claws. Finn tells them she's only six feet tall).

Loved Rachel's incredulous look at someone sincerely asking who Barbra Streisand is!

Loved the whole vocal lesson. Rachel's right about the acoustics-besides, on the show they nearly always have the door open anyway!

'she could crawl through vents!' hahahahaha! True, though.

*grins* oh yeah, Finn. You're SO cool. See how educational tv is?

Oh. OH. This bit about why Finn loves performing is SO right. I really wish they'd had him dsay something like this on the show. And Rachel would totally get it, both here & in canon. Hey, if he told her in this story, he'd proably win her heart for life.

How does she get it? Dude, you're tethered. Even if neither of you realise it yet.

LOVE your play on the showmance scene - it's always been one of my faves. And you did a new twist, with Rachel being the one to run out. I think you made the right choice showing this from Fin's pov too, to show that Rachel reaches him on a more primal level.

LOVED the whole Shelby-Rachel sscene. Finally they've made up! Wonder if Finn's ever going to find out that he inadvertedly helped Rachel with her own parental issues?

The whole Quinn/Puck thing; yeah, Finn doesn't really have a right to throw stones, but Quinn blaming the whole thing on HIM puts her more deeply in the wrong, not to mention choosing PUCK of all people. Part of me can't help but feel that Quinn chose Puck deliberately, as a way of punishing Finn for stepping out of her careful line. And kissing someone else and stopping it is entirely different from being interrupted before sleeping with someone, because canon history aside, I have no doubt that's where Quinn and Puck were heading.

Rachel's thoughts during that final scene were so wonderfully angsty. Given how much she's hurting, I shouldn't be enjoying it so much, right?
Too lazy to log in chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
BUT, this is such a rich, imaginative and very believable re-telling of Glee's first season! I'm beyond impressed and I really hope you update more often, as you're a great writer and you've handled all of the characters voices - their individual stories and troubles - exceptionally well.

noro chapter 5 . 10/22/2011