Reviews for The Art of War
terrwise chapter 21 . 31m ago
Just read this. I was frustrated with Kira, but I really liked the story. Good Job.
Prophetic Fire chapter 21 . 12/3/2013
Ho. Lee. Hell. BRILLIANT.

I've just finished this wild beast of a fic, and I'm not even sure I'm coherent enough to leave a decent review. Because this work has left me speechless. It's genius. The plot is amazingly set up and expertly executed; it could very conceivably have happened on the series (which is utterly fantastic). The writing is dynamic and engaging. And the characterization has flipping blown my mind. I've always suspected that Kira and Dukat would fit together in some crazy sort of way like this, but I never had the words or the insight to voice that. In this world, the depth and layers and motivations and masks that they've been given and had peeled away are astounding: they truly are complex characters. I love Kira's war with herself and Dukat's agonized sense of duty. I love Kira's fire and Dukat's gentleness. I love how Ziyal is the anchor between them. I love that they finally end up together! Oh that was so satisfying. I basically love every flipping thing about this. I hate that they can't stay together (although it makes perfect, perfect sense that they don't). And I'm going to read the sequel right flipping now, because I can't words anymore.

This was PHENOMENAL. Thank you.
kncrowder88 chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
So I've read this before. Started reading it thinking I hadn't and just kept going even when I realised in chapter one that I had. Great job.
Valantha chapter 20 . 4/15/2013
This metaphor was beautiful:
So delicately balanced, the flint and the steel, such a careful, wary circuit of anger and spite and curiosity they danced around each other for so many years with the sparks flying every time they struck and bounced off, never once wondering what would happen if they struck harder, deliberately, setting a collision course.
Valantha chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Nice story. I really liked this line, it's so true: He was too clever by half and too dangerous by at least two-thirds.
troesnaja chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Hi there
I am rewatching ds9 again (its my favourite star trek series because of all the longer plotlines and the character development and focus on characters). My favourte characters are odo gul Dukat Kira quark and Garak because they are so ambiguous and not black and whit.
I was not happy with Odo going back to the founders and i also was not happy how dukat turned out in the end. I never thought he was THAT totally evil but just ambiguous shades of gray although obviously pretty ruthless and opportunistic as well as calculating and manipulative.
I am mainly interested in the kira/odo relationship (i like the grouchy sarcastic tortured shapeshifter). He has a rather intersting sense of humor andi love how he can get under peoples skin/rile them up. Of course he is also pretty creepy and slimey. And of course he is one ambitious bastard.
I am not sure if i could envision Kira in a reltionship with Dukat, i am not sure if its in her nature but i could see them working together and i love the mindgames all the tension..
I hope this story and its sequel will give us some odo-scenes as well. I so love unresolved tensionand unrequieted love as well as jealousy. Angst is great. Oooh I love allthe intrigue in thisgame I hope Kira will be able to get some control as well though beng able to ianipulate oack.I wonder if we wll see anything from the starfleet crew in this story, even if Kira does oot like starfleet/the federation in genera she still has a lt of frieds thre and ithink is loyal to them.
Damn i hope the resistance continues on the station. I dont think the otherswill take this lying down.
I wonder if Kira will be able to work with Dukat but get the upper hand in the end.
Tanya chapter 20 . 5/20/2012
I've just finished this fic and I have to say that it's one of the best fics I've ever read in any fandom! You writing is so good and you're characters are just spot on. Really enjoyed the read :)
AnKiDu chapter 21 . 3/11/2012
After re-watching my DS9 DVDs the last few weeks I was looking for some Kira/Dukat fanfiction, because I'm a fan of that pairing for a long time and I always wished for a different development of their characters in the series after season 5. So I came across your wonderful stories and devoured them in some sleepless nights :)

I really love your style of writing, your sense of humour is just great! The characters are perfectly written, very complex and absolut believeable. All those wonderful little bits... the banter between Kira and Dukat, Kira hurting him as often as possible (baseball, phaser, their little "fight" on the shuttle) and Dukat never really hurting back, even rather enjoying it... and finally him jumping in the firing line to save her life.

The actual "loving scene" appeared a bit hasty at first after all those rejections and avoidances, but on the other hand they didn't have that much time... maybe that could be stretched a little in the sequel...? :-D

Anyway, keep on writing - I guess there are many more appreciating such a good Kira / Dukat story just like me!

PS. Hope this makes sense, please excuse my grammar - I don't speak English natively :)
Brazen Hussy chapter 21 . 1/29/2012
Excellent - I love a well written Gul Dukat story that doesn't compromise his sheer magnificent bastardry! Look forward to more.
Orit Ellan chapter 12 . 11/27/2011
Still reading, still enjoying!

I'm actually very glad to read a piece where everyone's plans don't go straight as nails. Failure, though, never stands in the way of success...

(Also, I'll reply to the message later, I have not forgotten!)
Orit Ellan chapter 4 . 11/8/2011
I do love your language, it's very descriptive and characteristic – and thoroughly pleasant to read.

The first paragraph of chapter three could use some chopping up, speaking of which, I felt a bit bad for Damar, it really must bite to be dismissed in that manner. I can't help but to laugh at it though.

Kira throwing the baseball was a nice touch (well, not for Dukat, obviously...). I like the way Dukat thinks about Kira, ”but oh, that woman! She'd be the death of him one day, he knew it. And what sweeter way to die?” especially had me grinning. It's so fitting for him.

Thanks to you, I'm stuck imagining Dukat cooking. I wouldn't stretch it as far as to force him to wear an apron, but I have to admit that it would be quite hilarious.

As for humour, I love yours.

I look forward to continue reading tomorrow.
MizJoely chapter 21 . 10/26/2011
Um, I really really really REALLY hope the sequel is coming soon in spite of your busy schedule...Really? You end it THERE?
MizJoely chapter 20 . 10/26/2011
Relax, you did fine. Racy but tasteful and very poetic. And very satisfying for both reader and characters alike.
MizJoely chapter 19 . 10/7/2011
I can't say enough how deliriously happy I am to read your tortured, complicated Dukat. Compared to your version, the "real" one comes up lacking. I was actually a bit choked up and disappointed by how the chapter ended. Please say there's more?
mink92 chapter 18 . 9/29/2011
wow this is really good i just read it all in a few hours and cant waite to read more...the characters are so alive and i can actually see this hapen