Reviews for The Art of War
mythomagically-delicious chapter 2 . 8/12
I understand the very real pain of this chapter was Kira and Ziyal's breaking point in their relationship. But it's still 3 am and I'm just laughing that Kira actually got to backhand the crap out of Dukat. That was a good moment for me, thank you!
mythomagically-delicious chapter 1 . 8/12
I am reading this story for it's serious value as a story. But it's also nearly 3 am and I'm dying laughing over this story. Like, I don't even know where it's going to lead. I'm just busting a gut over imagining Kira punching Dukat in the face in what's basically a storage closet and imagining Dukat trying to explain his injuries later. Like, I died a little bit every time Dukat spoke bc despite his assurances he can have something else on his mind, I thought he was gonna make a pass at Kira.

Also, I'm just, like.. so thankful there's a long-as-heck story about kira/dukat on here? Because in whatever twisted way this is gonna end up, I'm interested in how /that/ ends up happening at all, haha.

Anyway, to summarize: It's 3 am. I'm laughing way too hard over what is not even an intentionally comical part of your story. Thank you for writing! Kira: /please/ keep baiting Damar. And also, I'll try not to be so ridiculous on the other chapters.
Millenium Ring chapter 21 . 5/31
Quality story, I'm surprised there isn't more feedback for it. I'm seriously behind on Deep Space Nine - finally watching the whole series in order via Netflix - and as I hit the s6 marker I was finally able to read this beauty of a story.

I like your different take on what could have been and the fact that Ziyal is NOT dead. Mostly I just love how you captured the spark between Kira and Dukat that most of us saw on the show and the potential their characters always had onscreen that never went anywhere because someone was always doing or saying the wrong thing. That last sentiment is definitely conveyed in your words throughout the story, but I am most pleased that finally, Dukat did the right thing and Kira noticed it. Because both are just too plain stubborn under normal circumstances.

Also, I am completely thrilled that you offed that Founder. She needed to go.

I am now going to shimmy on over to the sequel. Great job with this story, it was one of my favourite Kira/Dukat stories on this site :).
limonali chapter 21 . 2/27
You literally blew my mind and my heart to pieces with this story! I could not put it down!
I watched DS9 for the first time in my life not long ago and K&Du immediately became favorite characters of mine, each for their own reasons. Then, on top of that, observing their hot adversarial contact was amazing - it was to me the best played relationship in the series, bar none. Granted, that relationship got a shaft with this whole deconstruction of Dukat and I always wished they did not go there. Your story addresses all my problems beautifully, without bending either one of them out of shape. It's realistic, wonderfully written, gripping, very satisfying and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. Splendidly done!
JPElles chapter 20 . 9/15/2016
Very interesting story. I can't wait to read the sequel and finish the last chapter.
Jalizea chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Beautiful chapter and story. It was a joy to read it.

Gladly, it was free from any of this ridiculous pagh wraith nonsense and so called plot which made out of Dukat quite a religious freak. As much as I read it is in quality much better than some star trek books.

It would be a good e-book and I would take this chapter as an extract. Just my two cents;)
terrwise chapter 21 . 4/17/2014
Just read this. I was frustrated with Kira, but I really liked the story. Good Job.
Prophetic Fire chapter 21 . 12/3/2013
Ho. Lee. Hell. BRILLIANT.

I've just finished this wild beast of a fic, and I'm not even sure I'm coherent enough to leave a decent review. Because this work has left me speechless. It's genius. The plot is amazingly set up and expertly executed; it could very conceivably have happened on the series (which is utterly fantastic). The writing is dynamic and engaging. And the characterization has flipping blown my mind. I've always suspected that Kira and Dukat would fit together in some crazy sort of way like this, but I never had the words or the insight to voice that. In this world, the depth and layers and motivations and masks that they've been given and had peeled away are astounding: they truly are complex characters. I love Kira's war with herself and Dukat's agonized sense of duty. I love Kira's fire and Dukat's gentleness. I love how Ziyal is the anchor between them. I love that they finally end up together! Oh that was so satisfying. I basically love every flipping thing about this. I hate that they can't stay together (although it makes perfect, perfect sense that they don't). And I'm going to read the sequel right flipping now, because I can't words anymore.

This was PHENOMENAL. Thank you.
kncrowder88 chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
So I've read this before. Started reading it thinking I hadn't and just kept going even when I realised in chapter one that I had. Great job.
Valantha chapter 20 . 4/15/2013
This metaphor was beautiful:
So delicately balanced, the flint and the steel, such a careful, wary circuit of anger and spite and curiosity they danced around each other for so many years with the sparks flying every time they struck and bounced off, never once wondering what would happen if they struck harder, deliberately, setting a collision course.
Valantha chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Nice story. I really liked this line, it's so true: He was too clever by half and too dangerous by at least two-thirds.
troesnaja chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Hi there
I am rewatching ds9 again (its my favourite star trek series because of all the longer plotlines and the character development and focus on characters). My favourte characters are odo gul Dukat Kira quark and Garak because they are so ambiguous and not black and whit.
I was not happy with Odo going back to the founders and i also was not happy how dukat turned out in the end. I never thought he was THAT totally evil but just ambiguous shades of gray although obviously pretty ruthless and opportunistic as well as calculating and manipulative.
I am mainly interested in the kira/odo relationship (i like the grouchy sarcastic tortured shapeshifter). He has a rather intersting sense of humor andi love how he can get under peoples skin/rile them up. Of course he is also pretty creepy and slimey. And of course he is one ambitious bastard.
I am not sure if i could envision Kira in a reltionship with Dukat, i am not sure if its in her nature but i could see them working together and i love the mindgames all the tension..
I hope this story and its sequel will give us some odo-scenes as well. I so love unresolved tensionand unrequieted love as well as jealousy. Angst is great. Oooh I love allthe intrigue in thisgame I hope Kira will be able to get some control as well though beng able to ianipulate oack.I wonder if we wll see anything from the starfleet crew in this story, even if Kira does oot like starfleet/the federation in genera she still has a lt of frieds thre and ithink is loyal to them.
Damn i hope the resistance continues on the station. I dont think the otherswill take this lying down.
I wonder if Kira will be able to work with Dukat but get the upper hand in the end.
Tanya chapter 20 . 5/20/2012
I've just finished this fic and I have to say that it's one of the best fics I've ever read in any fandom! You writing is so good and you're characters are just spot on. Really enjoyed the read :)
AnKiDu chapter 21 . 3/11/2012
After re-watching my DS9 DVDs the last few weeks I was looking for some Kira/Dukat fanfiction, because I'm a fan of that pairing for a long time and I always wished for a different development of their characters in the series after season 5. So I came across your wonderful stories and devoured them in some sleepless nights :)

I really love your style of writing, your sense of humour is just great! The characters are perfectly written, very complex and absolut believeable. All those wonderful little bits... the banter between Kira and Dukat, Kira hurting him as often as possible (baseball, phaser, their little "fight" on the shuttle) and Dukat never really hurting back, even rather enjoying it... and finally him jumping in the firing line to save her life.

The actual "loving scene" appeared a bit hasty at first after all those rejections and avoidances, but on the other hand they didn't have that much time... maybe that could be stretched a little in the sequel...? :-D

Anyway, keep on writing - I guess there are many more appreciating such a good Kira / Dukat story just like me!

PS. Hope this makes sense, please excuse my grammar - I don't speak English natively :)
Brazen Hussy chapter 21 . 1/29/2012
Excellent - I love a well written Gul Dukat story that doesn't compromise his sheer magnificent bastardry! Look forward to more.