Reviews for The Art of War
MizJoely chapter 19 . 10/7/2011
I can't say enough how deliriously happy I am to read your tortured, complicated Dukat. Compared to your version, the "real" one comes up lacking. I was actually a bit choked up and disappointed by how the chapter ended. Please say there's more?
mink92 chapter 18 . 9/29/2011
wow this is really good i just read it all in a few hours and cant waite to read more...the characters are so alive and i can actually see this hapen
MizJoely chapter 18 . 9/28/2011
You portray tangled emotions so well I'm jealous. And eagerly awaiting the next chapter. :)
MizJoely chapter 17 . 9/28/2011
Whoo, hat-holding indeed! I especially loved the line about Dukat listening to the "yes" and jumping.
MizJoely chapter 16 . 9/13/2011
Time for chaos to rule, and for Nerys to either discover that Dukat has been playing her...or not. I look forward to the next chapter.
MizJoely chapter 15 . 8/15/2011
So looking forward to the next chapter. These last two practically burned, they were so intense.
MizJoely chapter 14 . 8/15/2011
My heart was literally pounding during this chapter, especially once Wyeoun got into the act. And do I detect a hint of Jake/Ziyal? Cool!
Cassiel Oliviari chapter 15 . 7/28/2011
This is fantastic! I was so excited when I saw something new in the DS9 category. Thank you so much for posting :)
MizJoely chapter 12 . 7/26/2011
In case I haven't mentioned it before, I really enjoy all the convoluted plotting and crossing and double-crossing and triple-crossing in this story. Your Dukat rocks.
roxana76 chapter 11 . 7/3/2011
This is a fantastic story found when I was searching for Deep Space Nine fanfic tonight whilst a little bored. I ended up reading chapters 1-6 and then watched an episode of DS9 (it was "second sight") with my partner, and all I could think of was that I wanted to get back to your story to see what happened!

I hope there will be a next chapter soon. I could really see Kira, Dukat et al live in your words this is careful, clever fanfic and you have kept the characterisation spot on. No criticism except I'm British and isn't the word "git" British not US? Not that it matters really!
MizJoely chapter 11 . 6/29/2011
Oh, the heat you generate between these two! Loved the almost-moment and can't wait for the next chapter, to see if Weyoun buys their story.
Praetorian Productions chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
I'm not much of a Kira/Dukat shipper, but I have enjoyed the slow-burning, slippery-slope nature of this story. I could never see Kira simply jumping into Dukat's arms and declaring her never-ending love, but set their love/hate chemistry in the topsy-turvy loonyland that was the Dominion Occupation and add in a Dukat plan within a plan within a plan leading to a trap...I look forward to reading the rest of this.
MizJoely chapter 10 . 6/22/2011
Hmm, I get the feeling someone doesn't like Shakaar...and I'm not talking about Dukat! :) It'll be interesting to see what Kira does with the First Minister's "request".
MizJoely chapter 9 . 6/22/2011
I love how you're slowly but surely altering the Kira-Dukat dynamic, so it isn't some abrupt, "they-fall-right-into-bed-and/or-love" story. Layers, I love 'em.
everythinginbetween chapter 10 . 6/21/2011
I love this chapter. I like how you add even more mystery and contradictions to Dukat by having him speak Bajoran with a native accent. Cardassians really have some delightful depth. I adore this:

'An hour?' Shakaar demanded suspiciously.

'If you think I'm going to let you stroll around the place freely for an hour – '

'Oh come on, it's not as if I'm going to run amok and kill everybody. Amazing as it may seem to you, I actually have better things to do than massacring civil servants.'

No matter what you think of his personality, no one can deny that Dukat never fails to deliver in a confrontation. I also like Kira's conflicted emotions about Dukat and Shakaar. If I was her I'd dump Shakaar, leave him to look after Bajor and the Dominion, run off to a remote planet with Dukat and never leave. I look forward to your next update. xx
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »