Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 90 . 1h ago
Soften your heart Lothiriel! I think she is a little bit. Smart Guthwyn. Also, I feel for poor Elfwine...now we need Eomer to soften his heart! It's terribly cruel of him to not let her see her brother...even if he is a jerk!

As always, I'm very happy to see an update from you! -hugs- Looking forward to the next one :)

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 90 . 4/14
Thanks for updating anolinde. Eomer and Lothiriel are both so stubborn and set in their ways. It's believable but frustrating. Lovely scene with Elfwine though; seems like Guthwyn's plan is working. I'm looking forward to the next update! :)
funnygirl00 chapter 90 . 4/13
Thank you so much for updating! My family just finished watching the desolation of smaug today so your chapter was a perfect fit into a LOTR evening! Update soon!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 90 . 4/12
Update immediately, please!
Elfwine chapter 90 . 4/12
I always enjoy your chapters about Elwine. Especially this one. It surprises me, actually. Though it shouldn't. You always write about very enduring moments and characters. I can't wait to see how things between mother and son progress!
Brynhilda chapter 90 . 4/12
Nice chapter !
Eomer did screw up a big time (again), but it seems that Guthwyn's plan is beginning to work for Elfwine and Lothiriel.
I hope we'll see more of the story quite soon ! :-)
Kiiimberly chapter 89 . 3/31
I've been feeling uncomfortable with their relationship mainly because I'm so used to seeing them so in love in other fan fictions. Hopefully with time it won't just be an act.

Seems like Guthwyn's plan worked. Haha.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 89 . 3/26
Been awhile since we got Lothiriel's pov...I kind of forgot how suspicious she was and how she thinks of Guthwyn...Loved how she thought it was a trick of Guthwyn's or an insult haha And someone really ought to get her to see the light about her sister-in-law. Maybe her brother if she goes to visit him?

Poor Elfwine getting all excited. I love how he has a female elf as a leader in the armies. Elfwine knows women as well as men can kick some serious butt :)

Took me awhile to review, though I read this ages ago. It was very welcome at the time you posted it haha

Looking forward to the next chapter, as usual!

DFC
Elfwine chapter 89 . 3/22
Congratulations on the number of reviews! This story and yourself certainly deserves it. I hope the bedtime storywill make things easier for Guthwyn and Lothriel.
There was a moment in your story where I felt that perhaps Lothiriel had been punished enough, that perhaps Eomer could begin to try and, if not forgive her, then at least try to get along with her. This chapter has made me change my mind. Lothiriel is still the same narrow-minded, mean-spirited and utterly abominable woman she always was and can't even find it in herself to be a proper mother, for more than a minute anyway. Eomer is right to despise her and Guthwyn should just come back to Rohan, because waiting for Eomer and Lothiriel to patch things up is waiting for something that will never happen. Having said all of that, I do enjoy your story and I eagerly await the next chapter.
Borys68 chapter 89 . 3/22
Nice to see the bad woman in a hell of her own making.
Borys
Brynhilda chapter 89 . 3/22
Hello anolinde, I'm still following each new development of your story :-)
It's good to be back in Edoras for a glimpse of Elfwine and his parents' lives.
Are some characters as Lothiriel (maybe Amrothos ?) going to evolve quite soon ?
May we hope for a bit of romantic action for Guthwyn, or maybe beneficial discussions with the children or other characters ?
I agree with some of your reviewers who have written here some time ago that Guthwyn needs to find herself again. I would like to see more of proud, strong, careless Guthwyn, even if her adult life just seems to become more complicated as it goes.
Thus, I think there is a marvelous solution : gift us a new great chapter soon ! _
Thanks again !
It's so nice to be sitting here clenching my fists reading lothiriel's frustrating thought process haha. Really great chapter! Can't wait for more.
CrystalCutie chapter 89 . 3/22
Lothiriel is a jealous idiot. All Guthwyn wants to do is have her nephew get along with his mother, and to have his parents get along. She's so caught up in some nonexistent battle with her that she cannot see the olive branch waving in front of her. She's just going to dig herself into a deeper and deeper grave until she loses everyone.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 89 . 3/22