Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Zip001 chapter 110 . 7/26
I want to thank you for writing this epic story. It is well written, and because the characters are so vivid your readers have such visceral reactions to them. I hope that you will have a good productive break (wishing you the best) and look forward to you continuing your saga (hopefully with many new chapters published quickly after your break).

Guthwyn has endured such hardships and it is difficult to see that the children she would do anything are so distant from her. It is because of her love for the children that she is a social pariah.

I strongly fear that there will be no good ending for Guthwyn. Although she loves Legolas and even if she can ever accept that he loves her, the fact that he looks exactly like her rapist will doom any chance of any type of intimate relationship. While I think she can grow to love Cobryn as a husband, she will be wanting kisses/affection and wants someone to love her as a wife (rather than as a friend and a mere vessel for children). I somehow do not see that Cobryn will ever see her that way - he is just as broken as she is. I also fear that what Thranduil said about her chances of surviving childbirth is some sort of forboding.

I don't think she can really be happy in Emyn Arnen nor can she ever return back to Edoras and truly be happy (too much drama and guilt). She will never be comfortable in living in Legolas' colony (she will be scared and isolated). If only she could have a fresh start (amnesia or something) in some small village near Aldburg. I just want her to be happy and whole with a brood of children to love and who whole heartedly love her in return.
Pineapple3000 chapter 110 . 7/22
Awesome chapter! I can't wait for Lego and Guth to come clean! And WHERE IS HALDOR FROM? WHO IS HEEEEE! I want to knoooow!
gginsc chapter 110 . 7/20
I am getting tired of Guthwyn. The woman can't deal with real life.
Midknight911 chapter 110 . 7/19
It's good to see Cobryn again. I always forget that he is not an old man and that he is fairly close in age to Guthwyn. I can't really believe that he would go through with marrying Guthwyn until he at least confronts Legolas about his feelings.
It is also good to see Guthwyn becoming stronger again. In this chapter she doesn't seem as weak as she has been recently portrayed.
I will miss this fic while it is on hiatus but I can't wait for multiple chapters in quick succession. I await your return and hope that all goes well.
Ysmira chapter 110 . 7/19
Nice chapter, pity that its so short :) I will be waiting forward for your next work and Im hoping you will soon give us the breaking point :)
Sage94 chapter 110 . 7/19
Thanks for the last few chapters! Haven't reviewed in a while. Even though you will be gone for a while, I can't wait for the upcoming arc. Have fun on your hiatus :)

Tibblets chapter 110 . 7/19
I will be waiting patiently for you to continue this fall. The Rohan Pride Chronicles have been among my favorite fics. Good luck with real life.
neFaerieous chapter 110 . 7/19
The best New Email is an update from anolinde. We will miss you, have a fabulous time, looking forward to an upcoming wedding and a happy Gúthwyn...or not!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 110 . 7/18
Oh no! Not a hiatus!
I'm sure whatever you'll make we'll love and good luck with the move.
Kiiimberly chapter 109 . 7/5
Thank you for the update anolinde! Really hoping that he'll speak up soon!
Midknight911 chapter 109 . 7/1
Awwww. Poor Tauriel. At least she is still supportive of Legolas and understands his dilemma.
Gosh darn it, Tariel is right to be disappointed. Gúthwyn used to be awesome but now she has lost one of her best redeeming qualities: being a badass with a sword. I actually miss the Gúthwyn that Legolas describes, the one from before the big move. I hope she comes back soon.
All this mention of Haldor is making me wonder when Elfwine will learn of that word that Auntie Gúthwyn freaked out about. He is intelligent and will find out but I wonder who he will confront when he does find out.
Hmmmmmmm... anyways, great chapter. I can hardly wait for the next.
oldguest chapter 109 . 6/29
This chapter was so so good to us, things are finally looking up for them! I might have to reread everything again to make the wait bearable. You're amazing!
Your writing is incredible and the way you have drawn and expanded on this magical world is breathtaking. I can feel myself drawn into it, which is a life saver after a tough day.
Brynhilda chapter 109 . 6/28
Tauriel is such a lovely character. You depict her more as a friend than a subordinate for Legolas and it feels right after their painful past around the Battle of five armies. So now, all is well... and I would like to read some news about Guthwyn. ;-) Thanks again for this chapter !
Brynhilda chapter 108 . 6/28
I just love this scene with Aragorn and Legolas. I could almost see Viggo and Orlando playing it as I was reading this chapter. Brilliant !
funnygirl00 chapter 109 . 6/28! Oh! You are a master in the art of keeping your readers waiting like a bunch of kittens watching a ball swinging above their heads! Great chapter! Really need those two to confess their feelings!