Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Midknight911 chapter 112 . 1/1
Curse Raniean. If Guthwyn can push aside her fears for love, why can he not do so for friendship?
Speaking of the heroine... how can she possibly be so blind? She may not be the brightest but she still has some intelligence!
Lovely chapter. I know that this story is finished but I don't know when I will get a chance to finish reading it all. Looking forward to the rest of your story.
Loved this story! Looking forward to learning more about Haldor and how Leggy will react when he finds out about Guthwyn's past.
Katara97 chapter 125 . 12/28/2015
Lovely ending! I am looking forward to the next chapter in Guthwyn's story. Have a wonderful new year!
funnygirl00 chapter 122 . 12/27/2015
THANK GOD! She finally knows!
neFaerieous chapter 125 . 12/27/2015
YES! Yes! I am so ecstatic right now and so happy for all of our characters and so happy for you to have reached this conclusion! I've been on the Gúthwyn bandwagon for years and have lapped up every word you write like a thirsty gal in the desert. You are an amazing writer and this has (and will continue to be) a story to which all positive adjectives apply. Woo hoo!
Guest chapter 125 . 12/27/2015
That promise of honesty is going to bite Gúthwyn in the arse when her wedding night comes along, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is.

Is there still going to be an alternate epilogue, where Gúthwyn gets a different future? I think your epilogues are a little too long to be considered proper epilogues - at least, compared to regular epilogues - and it seems like the story would still be unfinished by the time your death comes along.

But, despite what other reviewers have said, I love the pace of it. I am a little disappointed that the update schedule is going back to normal, but I now have an adorable chapter with Legolas and Gúthwyn to squeal over, which should keep me happy in the time that it will take.

Thank you for writing this story. It's become my world.
Midknight911 chapter 111 . 12/26/2015
Well I just finished rereading the whole thing, so now I will start making my way through the new chapters.
OMG this chapter has some of the exciting action I have been waiting for. He finally confronted his father! It's so sad that everyone looks down on Guthwyn when they know nothing of her past. They are so judgmental. If they knew what Haldor did they would be amazed she had the will to continue living!
I understand why Thranduil is doing what he is doing now though. He just wants the pain to lessen when his son inevitably leaves him.
Well I hope to enjoy the rest of your new chapters as much as I did this one.
Guest chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
WOW, thank you for seeing this story till a end..
it is one of my favourites,
though i must say i am not convinces that they can work out their differences..
omgitsalexmarie chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
I'm so so so happy that we've finally made it to this point! I have literally been waiting for this moment for 5 years and I cannot stop smiling about this! :)))) I am so glad that Legolas and Guthwyn are finally happy-after all the heartbreak they've been through, they definitely deserve it! I'm really interested in how Hammel and Haiweth are going to take the announcement (not well, I'm sure) so I hope we get to see that sometime! Thank you again for this amazing story! Can't wait to see what the new year and the next story brings!
Zip001 chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
My heart swelled with the blissful reunion! I loved that she kissed him - silencing him and her swirling thoughts! The respect that he gave her, making sure that she understands what it means to be his wife, how he will help her learn his language and his culture, his understanding about the children (and his gently worded wish to be with her when she tells them of her betrothal) - it is such a testament of his character and giving nature!

While there were many loose threads - Cobryn, her children/wards, their cultural differences, her mortality, Haldor, etc., the ending seems so satisfying as they are both so happy and willing to together dive into the unknown (hand in hand).

My favorite moment is when she clasped his hand (never wanting to let go) and he gently kissing her tiny knuckles lovingly. So romantic and sweet!

Merry Xmas and happy new year!
Adelie P chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
This story is not really my style at all (mostly because of the slow pace -both Guthwyn and Legolas have been frustrating beyond belief- and the angst), but this is nonetheless a massive achievement; incredible really; and your characters and writing are very strong! Some weeks ago I read one random chapter of The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement and was instantly sucked in. Impressive skills, and thank you for this Christmas gift.
Ysmira chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
Thank you so much, anolinde, for all your hard work and engagement! That story was wonderfull to read, though the Alone part was horrible to me, but the same I couldnt stop till Guthwyn gets finally free. As I said somewhere before, you did an amazing job creating Legolas character - though I never really liked him, especially in fanfics, I love him in your story.
I cant wait when Guthwyns family will know that Leg is Haldors "twin" and I hope you will finally explain it somehow. You did it very handsomenly, though, all those pages and you still have this thread loose and still the possibility to figure out something awesome!
I also interested if you will show us how Guthwyn learns Sindarin? There would be great to add some linguistic part to the story and there are many sides which can help you in this.
Anyway Im looking forward to learning what difficulties lay before our happy couple and I know youll make it a great time!
Merry Christmas and The Happy New Year!
mikaela chapter 125 . 12/26/2015
Thank you for this wonderful tale. I can't wait to read the next one
Elfwine chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
I am glad that Legolas' tender treatment, and patient nourishment, has earned a rare respect from Guthwyn, not just her love and attention. That is the kind of companion she deserves.

And a wonderful new year to you as well!

Thirteen years is an utmost show of commitment. Considering that a lot of writer's don't finish their fan-fiction, or put as much thought and growth into their works, what you've accomplished is not entirely common, even among published works.

Bravo, anolinde!