Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
funnygirl00 chapter 97 . 9/24/2014
I cannot believe I missed this update, but I've read it and I enjoyed it. I'm glad Haiweth isn't as horrid as her brother. I was hoping for some Legolas moments, as you've written him best of all the writers I've read on here. You're great with remaining true to the characters. But I'm assuming that the reason Legolas isn't here yet is because you've got something special planned for him. Thank you so much for updating and i'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Kiiimberly chapter 97 . 9/24/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde, I enjoyed this. I hope Haiweth doesn't start blaming Guthwyn for the way she's being treated. How old is Elfwine now? He seems pretty intelligent. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 97 . 9/23/2014
mmm I HAVE been wondering about Framwine. Of course, she's been hurt recently...but you haven't really written her passion for sword fighting recently. I hope she goes back to it (kicks Legolas' ass maybe haha)

DFC
Guest chapter 97 . 9/21/2014
This is one of those chapters that makes a reader feel as if the start of some very important character development is taking place. I really just adore Elfwine, and how he looks up to Legolas like he does. It's funny how he's actually serving as the voice of reason. I guess it was only a matter of time before the rumors and gossip finally became more apparent to Haiweth. I feel that in this chapter, the fears Guthwyn had of her past effecting her children and those she holds dear in a negative light are not necessarily coming true. Elfwine seems to understands that Eomer may be treating his mother unfairly, although she did harm Guthwyn in a vile way, but he doesn't seem to be influenced by his father's behavior in a bad way. And Haiweth still manages to hold her head up when it comes to standing in the scrutiny of the public eye, and silently cheer for her because it, because I know what it's like to be judge for mediocre reasons. I greatly anticipate the meeting between Elfwine and Thranduil also, it should be very interesting!
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
You have no idea how happy I was when I got a notification from my emails telling me you had posted a new chapter. I have now read this chapter a total of five times and I love it! I swear, if you ever write a book, tell me.

Constructive Criticism... I have none, as always.

Characters... I was to see Legolas! I have this strange feeling inside of me... oh yes. That's love. Because you have created the best Legolas yet.

I... I cannot leave, nor formulate a well-written response. I am incredibly heart-broken about Guthwyn's lack of desire to wield her sword and I cannot wait for the next chapter.

With great admiration,
Larien Larry Arnatuile

Also I apologize for the lack of reviews on each chapter. I am actually getting many requests for reviews that it's difficult to keep up with my voluntary ones. But I do not mind with this fanfiction. It's the best I have ever read, and I love seeing how much your writing has improved from... well a while ago.
Midknight911 chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
Aw. I miss Gúthwyn wielding her sword. I just realized theatrical there have been very little of them. I hope she gets back out there because her fighting skills are one of the reasons she is one of my favorite characters.
I like how Haiweth was portrayed in this chapter. She was concerned with court life without seeming superficial.
I miss Cobryn, I hope there is a chapter with him and Gúthwyn or Legolas sometime soon.
Well thank you for the lovely chapter, as always, and I am waiting anxiously for the next wonderful installment.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
Update immediately, please!
Brynhilda chapter 96 . 9/5/2014
I would give treasures to know what Cobryn and Legolas said to each other during Guthwyn's absence ;-)
Kiiimberly chapter 96 . 9/3/2014
Thank you for updating anolinde! I'm really tired of the way the children treat Guthwyn. It's pretty sad how ungrateful they are. As for Gutwyn, she's a little bit clueless when it comes to Legolas! They aren't JUST friends... Anyways, looking forward to the next one.
Heartly chapter 96 . 9/3/2014
Jesus... poor Guthwyn seems like she can never catch a break! It is a really good story though and as such I am enjoying it a lot. I am a little confused about Hammel's anger. His cruelty to Guthwyn is almost unbearable now! Will the next chapters start to deal with this anger? It is so hard to watch Guthwyn struggle with him and with Haiweth. I am enjoying your story so much. Please please write more soon! The anticipation is killing me!
Midknight911 chapter 96 . 9/1/2014
Another wonderful chapter. I know some people are concerned with the pace but I know you will get to things in your own time and since I am not the author I do not know which moments are important to the story. Though there is one thing I have been missing lately, Cobryn with Gúthwyn. He hasn't really shown up in any big scenes with her. I really miss when they interact.
It feels like an explosion is about to happen with the tension between Gúthwyn, Cobryn, and the children. It will be quite the event and hopefully won't happen in public.
Can't wait for the next installment in my favorite series.
gginsc chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Guthwyn is a bit stupid! These brats are so ungrateful! She should have given them away!
neFaerieous chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Well. Well! Well, my. That girl. Haiweth certainly is a teenager. And Hammel is a sociopath (unsurprisingly). And Our Favorite Couple walks a very tricky line that they have all but crossed.

If you updated daily I would still clamor for more. Update notifications in my inbox are the highlight of my account's week!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Out of the mouths of babes! Ohho. Guthwyn is so oblivious, it really is one of her most fatal flaws. At least Legolas knows himself a little better. I still wonder about his motives though, since you rarely write from his pov

"It really is obvious once you start to notice it" theme of the chapter XD

I hadn't expected an update so soon! I'm super happy, I've had a tough week and reading your work is always a welcome thing.

DFC
NightLie chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Hi

I've been reading your story for a while now and want to tell you how much I enjoy every one of your updates!
I also like to re-read your stories once in while, though I find anything before Guthwyn being sent out to Rivendell too harrowing to repeat.
Thanks for taking the time to let the characters breathe. There are few stories which allow their characters to live the way they do in your stories and, eager though I am to find out what happens next, I am content to wait for the plot to advance when it wills.

Thanks again, and update soon,
NightLie