Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Tibblets chapter 111 . 12/1/2015
Thanks for coming back. Hope things were well for you on your hiatus. Love this whole series.
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 111 . 12/1/2015

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Can I just say right now how much this story has made me ship Guthwyn and Legolas more than Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam? Holy. Freaking. Crap.

Whenever I get a chapter update in my emails, I'm scared. You have made this story larger than life for me and I'm always afraid of what you'll do next.

But THIS.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

I am so much in love with Legolas, it's not even funny. He's smart, kind, accepting, polite, well-versed and an all round perfect gentleman. No matter the joke, he would get it. I am so jealous of Guthwyn.

I'm starting to wonder now if Haldor was either Thranduil's brother or Legolas' twin. Either would make a lot of sense, to me, at least. But I really wish that Thranduil knew of what happened to Guthwyn - maybe he would be less harsh on her if he knew.

But raving praise aside, I have one teensy bit of constructive criticism: Legolas calls his father "ada" - shouldn't that be with a capital 'A'? Because, in English, if I say, "Sure thing, Mum" I capitalise 'Mum'. But perhaps I'm being nitpickerty.

I CANNOT wait for Christmas now! I am so excited it's not even the slightest bit funny. All I can say is "I can't even, I just CAN'T!"
ZabuzasGirl chapter 111 . 12/1/2015
OMG...I think I can honestly say none of us expected this.
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Anonymous chapter 110 . 11/17/2015
Hello Anolinde,

Will you be updating this story soon? It is one that I have followed for years now, and I'd love to see its completion!
Pineapple3000 chapter 107 . 10/27/2015
I take much delight in reading this fanfiction. It is tremendously well written, insightful and realistic. The fidelity to the original material is superb and very refreshing to readers who may not have had the pleasure of reading the Simarillion and other Tolkien works.

I do hope that when Legolas and Guthwyn finally end up together, for that is what the evidence is pointing towards, their time together shall not be summarized in a single "epilogue" chapter. How did they overcome Guthwyn's issues? How did they raise their children? How did they confront Thranduil and the rest of the elven community? There is too much to simply briefly mention.

I also very much hope to discover who Haldor was before Mordor and what happened to him...

I could come up with many more inquiries but I shall leave it at that for now.

Terrific Chapter and thank you for it !
Zip001 chapter 110 . 7/26/2015
I want to thank you for writing this epic story. It is well written, and because the characters are so vivid your readers have such visceral reactions to them. I hope that you will have a good productive break (wishing you the best) and look forward to you continuing your saga (hopefully with many new chapters published quickly after your break).

Guthwyn has endured such hardships and it is difficult to see that the children she would do anything are so distant from her. It is because of her love for the children that she is a social pariah.

I strongly fear that there will be no good ending for Guthwyn. Although she loves Legolas and even if she can ever accept that he loves her, the fact that he looks exactly like her rapist will doom any chance of any type of intimate relationship. While I think she can grow to love Cobryn as a husband, she will be wanting kisses/affection and wants someone to love her as a wife (rather than as a friend and a mere vessel for children). I somehow do not see that Cobryn will ever see her that way - he is just as broken as she is. I also fear that what Thranduil said about her chances of surviving childbirth is some sort of forboding.

I don't think she can really be happy in Emyn Arnen nor can she ever return back to Edoras and truly be happy (too much drama and guilt). She will never be comfortable in living in Legolas' colony (she will be scared and isolated). If only she could have a fresh start (amnesia or something) in some small village near Aldburg. I just want her to be happy and whole with a brood of children to love and who whole heartedly love her in return.
Pineapple3000 chapter 110 . 7/22/2015
Awesome chapter! I can't wait for Lego and Guth to come clean! And WHERE IS HALDOR FROM? WHO IS HEEEEE! I want to knoooow!
gginsc chapter 110 . 7/20/2015
I am getting tired of Guthwyn. The woman can't deal with real life.
Midknight911 chapter 110 . 7/19/2015
It's good to see Cobryn again. I always forget that he is not an old man and that he is fairly close in age to Guthwyn. I can't really believe that he would go through with marrying Guthwyn until he at least confronts Legolas about his feelings.
It is also good to see Guthwyn becoming stronger again. In this chapter she doesn't seem as weak as she has been recently portrayed.
I will miss this fic while it is on hiatus but I can't wait for multiple chapters in quick succession. I await your return and hope that all goes well.
Ysmira chapter 110 . 7/19/2015
Nice chapter, pity that its so short :) I will be waiting forward for your next work and Im hoping you will soon give us the breaking point :)
Sage94 chapter 110 . 7/19/2015
Thanks for the last few chapters! Haven't reviewed in a while. Even though you will be gone for a while, I can't wait for the upcoming arc. Have fun on your hiatus :)

-sage
Tibblets chapter 110 . 7/19/2015
I will be waiting patiently for you to continue this fall. The Rohan Pride Chronicles have been among my favorite fics. Good luck with real life.
neFaerieous chapter 110 . 7/19/2015
The best New Email is an update from anolinde. We will miss you, have a fabulous time, looking forward to an upcoming wedding and a happy Gúthwyn...or not!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 110 . 7/18/2015
Wonderful!
Oh no! Not a hiatus!
I'm sure whatever you'll make we'll love and good luck with the move.
Kiiimberly chapter 109 . 7/5/2015
Thank you for the update anolinde! Really hoping that he'll speak up soon!
769 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »