Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
gginsc chapter 94 . 7/6/2014
Well! I wonder how long it will take for her to admit her feelings. Lovely chapter.
Glory Bee chapter 94 . 7/6/2014
I do love the ending of P & P 2005 where Elizabeth talks about being incandescently happy, even though that section is not in the book. :)

I must confess I was a bit alarmed by Guthwyn's erotic daydream but happy by her reaction to Legolas' surprise appearance. Perhaps it was a way of her letting go her old love and being ready to open up to Legolas who has been incredibly patient.
neFaerieous chapter 94 . 7/6/2014
AAAahhhh! Cliffhanger, cliffhanger! Hmmm, reference to the other story...the argument maybe?
funnygirl00 chapter 94 . 7/6/2014
Very, very promising. Guthwyn and Legolas are slowly, becoming aware that maybe there is something there. And I'm ashamed to admit, I can't see the Pride and Prejudice reference. But that might be because I just watched BBC's take on it and it was over 3 hours, so if there was a line from the 2006 in there, I cannot remember it.
Midknight911 chapter 94 . 7/6/2014
Awww I think Legolas should have said "you"... or maybe not considering she did not yet have the moment in the tub with Borogor. The children also need to be felt with. I think Haiweth is leaving soon and then Hammel will follow; Gúthwyn will have a talk with him then and hopefully bring out the good in him that I miss so much. I am glad I get to see so much of Legolas now that Gúthwyn has separated him from Haldor, though now I am curious as to his thoughts around Gúthwyn. As always wonderful chapter and I can hardly wait for the three weeks to go by till your next one .
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 18 . 6/27/2014
Short review, slight mistake: you accidentally called Wifwen Wulfrid... it said "Wulfrid took a step towards her husband"...

Rereading for like the 5th time, still good.

Larien Larry Arnatuile
world-classgeek chapter 93 . 6/25/2014
Poor poor Hammel. He needs to have an outburst at Legolas or Cobryn or someone so that we get an idea about what he is thinking... He knows what happened in Mordor, and its not doing him any good to keep it all bottled up inside. Its going to deal some severe psychological damage to the poor kid...
I'd also like to know more of what Haiweth is thinking. Especially about Mordor, Haldor, and Legolas.
As always, you have done a remarkable job, and I apologize for not catching up more frequently. Keep up the awesome!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 93 . 6/19/2014
ha! Haiweth is not as empty-headed as we thought! I wonder if she can come to like Legolas...seems like there's more hope for her than Hammel. Like she said, they're not very lucky. Obviously Cobryn suspects, and is witholding judgement for now. I wonder how he'd react if it was more serious. Legolas should be more careful, people are on to him!

As always, lovely to see an update from you! :)

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 93 . 6/17/2014
Thank you for updating anolinde! It's great that Guthwyn was finally able to have that conversation. I didn't realize she has known Legolas for ten years. How old is she now? Looking forward to the next chapter.
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
"Haiweth swallowed; for an instant, she looked on the verge of tears. Cobryn pitied her- as wonderful a caretaker as Guthwyn in other ways was, she had done both of the children a disservice by refusing to address her fears and, consequently, theirs. He opened his mouth to try to rectify the damage, but before he could say anything Haiweth rose to her feet."

This paragraph here sums up everything I was thinking about this chapter. I love so much that you are writing everything out in such a lovely-paced fashion because it makes this fanfiction seem all the more realistic. Hammel and Haiweth are acting like spoilt brats, yes, but how on earth would they know any better about Legolas when they didn't want to go near him and nobody has done a thing to allay their fears. Also, you make people's faults so human. Elfwine with his selfishness, Guthwyn with her blindness to a lot of things around her, Hammel's anger- nobody in this story could ever be referred to as a Mary-Sue or Gary-Stew (which, if you ask me, are rather ugly terms).

Do you know anyone who is a survivor at all? Because this story (even though all cases are different) seems to be exactly the right thing. Nobody just bounces back after an experience like that and some people takes longer to recover. Some people have issues and problems for the rest of their lives. I once read a story about the same topic as this one. Girl fell in love with Legolas and *boom* back to normal. No nightmares, no tears. A day after the incident she is just back to normal. No- your story is good.

And by 'good' I do not mean that cases such as Guthwyn's are perfect writing topics because they aren't. It is difficult to depict a situation in which one isn't normally placed into. It is so hard to write about something traumatising and few people can do it well. Although the words "good" and "well" don't exactly fit into the topic... but they fit into the style of your writing.

I apologise if I am a little incoherent in my writing, I am still ill and I *still* want to shout to the world how great a writer you are.

About characters now: Legolas. I was a bit disappointed about how little Legolas there is in this chapter but you made up for it with a Haiweth POV. Of course, I am completely in love with your Legolas and I cannot ever get enough of him.

I love just how good he is with Guthwyn and Haiweth. He refrained from talking to Haiweth earlier (which I assume is because he saw her face... she wasn't exactly happy) and he knows exactly how to act accordingly around Guthwyn. He is so kind to both of the girls and you have written him in as the ultimate "good guy".

A while back when Guthwyn was ill and still living in Rohan Legolas was there. He heard her mumble "Borogor" and he thought he had heard the name from somewhere. Did he have a faint memory of Amon Hen or did he hear about Borogor being kidnapped with his brother to Mordor? Also, I know he is so polite but isn't he the *slightest* bit curious about Haldor? Guthwyn was terrified of him for ages and he barely showed any curiosity.

Hammel. Okay, I could rant about him 'til the sun goes down. I understand about the whole Haldor thing but to be honest he is such a prick right now, and I do apologise for the uncouth language. He is a perceptive young man. He should have figured out by now just what Haldor was threatening Guthwyn with, or even asked her. Instead, he just treats her like she is worthless. He is unnecessarily cruel to her and it sounds like he delights in seeing her like that. Kind of worrying...

I am still loving and enjoying your story as are all of my friends, so keep up the good work!

Larien Larry Arnatuile
Brynhilda chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
This chapter has shown an interesting part of Haiweth's personality, that was not really explored before. I like this new depth that is given to Haiweth's character, and I hope we'll see more different points of view about the subject of Guthwyn and Legolas – maybe even Guthwyn's ? :-)
Elfwine chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
I just posted a huge review for this chapter, even though the pop up said it was under my name, I wasn't logged in! So it was posted with the username 'Guest'. I didn't want to re-post it, because of spam, so, I just wanted to let you know I actually reviewed.
Guest chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
It is interesting that you still continue to remind readers that Guthwyn is not the only person unnerved by Legolas' presence. And perceptive. But in all honesty, I don't see how Hammel has any right to get involved in Guthwyn's personal choice of friends or dear friends, considering that he himself, does not wish to be warm toward Guthwyn anymore. In know there is more to it than just simple hate, and that somewhere, deep down, or perhaps not so deep, there lays an affection for the only mother figure Hammel has had for so many years. But I think his behavior is quite childish sometimes, and a little too imposing. But I'm not surprised. I should go back a re-read the earlier chapters for this story. I remember Cobryn tried to explain why Guthwyn did not resist Haldor to Hammel, but perhaps if Guthwyn told the boy himself that she didn't do anything because she worried for Hammel and his sister being harmed in the process, as Haldor threatened, then he would be less harsh in his judgment of her. I know that might never happen, and I'm not sure if it would do more good than bad. I am also looking forward to the moment when it dawns on Guthwyn that Legolas' behavior is not the same as just a friend. Although, I also dread it as well. Her good opinions of Legolas seem so firm, but also easily broken if the wrong word is spoken. I just adore this story for its relationships. I look forward to what happens next! Thank you for such a provoking chapter, and such wonderful characters!
gginsc chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
I am really sick of these children. Someone else should have adopted them. Ungrateful, stupid brats.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 93 . 6/15/2014