Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Out of the mouths of babes! Ohho. Guthwyn is so oblivious, it really is one of her most fatal flaws. At least Legolas knows himself a little better. I still wonder about his motives though, since you rarely write from his pov

"It really is obvious once you start to notice it" theme of the chapter XD

I hadn't expected an update so soon! I'm super happy, I've had a tough week and reading your work is always a welcome thing.

NightLie chapter 96 . 8/31/2014

I've been reading your story for a while now and want to tell you how much I enjoy every one of your updates!
I also like to re-read your stories once in while, though I find anything before Guthwyn being sent out to Rivendell too harrowing to repeat.
Thanks for taking the time to let the characters breathe. There are few stories which allow their characters to live the way they do in your stories and, eager though I am to find out what happens next, I am content to wait for the plot to advance when it wills.

Thanks again, and update soon,
funnygirl00 chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
Ahh, finally, Guthwyn is realizing that there may be something there after all. Thank you so much for updating this story. I was just watching LOTR but had to call it a night right after Legolas killed the oliphaunt. Update soon!
Fineas chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
I gotta say, Guthwyn is pissing me off now. Why does she, and everyone else in the story have such problems with communication? Every single fight and conflict are based on misunderstandings and miscommunication. If people just started telling each other the truth and stopped interrupting each other in the middle of conversations, maybe the story would flow better and we can move on to more interesting plot points.
Also, are Haiweth and Hammel actually stupid enough to think that Legolas and that other dude are the same person? And how has Hammel been mad at Guthwyn for the same reason for the past 10 years?
ZabuzasGirl chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
Update immediately, please!
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 69 . 8/29/2014
Just a quick review, and it's not even on this chapter alone: I thought that only Elves went to the Halls of Mandos. And humans didn't use phrases like "Thank the Valar" unless they were raised or close to Elves.

I alway thought that Eru and the Valar, while watched over the Men as well as all Races of Middle-Earth were believed in only by the Elves. I understand that Orome is believed in, referred to as Bema but I assumed that "Orome" and the "Valar" were exclusively Elvish due to their Elvish names and Men merely referred to them as the Gods, not by their Elvish names. I may be wrong but that's the impression I gained from reading the books.

Also with the Hall of Mandos: the Halls of Mandos are located within the Undying Lands (I have a map of the Undying Lands on my wall) and only those who have been given a Token from an Elf (such as Gimli with Galadriel's 3 hairs) or who have been touched by immortality (such as Frodo, Bilbo and Sam) may go there to rest peacefully and the rest just die.

Again, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am.
jingle-bitch chapter 95 . 8/21/2014
I started reading your Guthwyn story on Monday and already I'm at the last available chapter! I simply love the story and the characters. The development and recovery of Guthwyn is, mayhaps full at times, but very realistic.
I adore how you started with Legal as and now, because of that, he understands her more than any other suitor and knows what she needs.

Keep on the good work.
Elfwine chapter 95 . 8/19/2014
I hadn't reviewed for this one yet, I can't believe that I haven't done so by now! It's good that Guthwyn is begging to think of Legolas in a more warm and friendly manner. Perhaps, soon she will realize just how much she has really thought of him. I'm not sure how she'll accept such a dawning, but at least it has made her happy, and has distracted her mind from worse memories. I'm honestly looking forward to an interaction between Legolas and the children, than I am anything else. A kind of meeting that may help to begin to smooth out the rough misunderstandings between them. I know Hammel's behavior may not improve any time soon, but perhaps Haiweth's impressions and feelings toward Legolas will improve over time...
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 95 . 8/13/2014
This was brilliant. You had me in stitches before I even started the chapter with that legos comment haha and then to read Legolas' comments about dwarves and Thranduil. Not to mention that last parting shot by Guthwyn! It's nice to see a lighter chapter from you. I suspect that Tauriel will be joining us when Legolas' party commence, hm? Also the hint that Legolas' father is expecting him to settle down XD So wonderfully written :)

Looking forward to the next update!

Brynhilda chapter 95 . 8/13/2014
Hello there ! Your author note and new chapter are coming just at the right time, as I am re-watching the two Hobbit movies on DVDs. The more dwarves, the merrier, and I'm sure that Legolas's party is going to be a hell of an event ! I can't wait to read Thranduil's reaction to the unexpected guests... :-D
I love Tauriel too and I'm happy that you're going to introduce another strong female character in your story.
By the way, Haiweth's, Cobryn's and even Hammel's parts in this chapter were short, but good.
I like the fact that each character has his/her own mind about everything.
And now, as I never did it before, I think I'll have to read the Silmarillion at last...
Thanks you again and till next chapter !
Guest chapter 95 . 8/11/2014
wow. just wow.
Kiiimberly chapter 95 . 8/10/2014
I'm excited about the news you shared in your note. I'm glad that Elfwine seems to be doing better and it seems that Guthwyn's plan for Lothiriel worked! I'm really hoping that she decides to visit them soon and there's some kind of reconciliation between her and Lothiriel. Anyways thanks for updating and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Midknight911 chapter 95 . 8/10/2014
As always a wonderful chapter. I feel as if that violent confrontation with Hammel you promised is getting near, and I can't wait for it; he is in dire need of some discipline. I am happy that after that talk with Cobryn, Haiweth is becoming a character I can enjoy again. I hope you update soon. :)
Glory Bee chapter 95 . 8/10/2014
Appreciated your author's note. :) I hope your Tauriel will NOT be a potential love interest for Legolas, but indeed just a friend. It was nice to have a rather light-hearted chapter (if we exclude Hammel and I am always happy to exclude him) and to see some small signs of Haiweth becoming less frosty.
funnygirl00 chapter 95 . 8/9/2014
Hammel needs a good thrashing, that's all I'm going to say on the subject. A short, yet pleasing chapter, even if you did feel the characters awkwardness in the beginning. That in itself serves as a compliment as you are able to draw your readers into the story and they feel what your characters are feeling. Well done and I shall be hoping for the next chapter.
631 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »