Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Brynhilda chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
This chapter has shown an interesting part of Haiweth's personality, that was not really explored before. I like this new depth that is given to Haiweth's character, and I hope we'll see more different points of view about the subject of Guthwyn and Legolas – maybe even Guthwyn's ? :-)
Elfwine chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
I just posted a huge review for this chapter, even though the pop up said it was under my name, I wasn't logged in! So it was posted with the username 'Guest'. I didn't want to re-post it, because of spam, so, I just wanted to let you know I actually reviewed.
Guest chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
It is interesting that you still continue to remind readers that Guthwyn is not the only person unnerved by Legolas' presence. And perceptive. But in all honesty, I don't see how Hammel has any right to get involved in Guthwyn's personal choice of friends or dear friends, considering that he himself, does not wish to be warm toward Guthwyn anymore. In know there is more to it than just simple hate, and that somewhere, deep down, or perhaps not so deep, there lays an affection for the only mother figure Hammel has had for so many years. But I think his behavior is quite childish sometimes, and a little too imposing. But I'm not surprised. I should go back a re-read the earlier chapters for this story. I remember Cobryn tried to explain why Guthwyn did not resist Haldor to Hammel, but perhaps if Guthwyn told the boy himself that she didn't do anything because she worried for Hammel and his sister being harmed in the process, as Haldor threatened, then he would be less harsh in his judgment of her. I know that might never happen, and I'm not sure if it would do more good than bad. I am also looking forward to the moment when it dawns on Guthwyn that Legolas' behavior is not the same as just a friend. Although, I also dread it as well. Her good opinions of Legolas seem so firm, but also easily broken if the wrong word is spoken. I just adore this story for its relationships. I look forward to what happens next! Thank you for such a provoking chapter, and such wonderful characters!
gginsc chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
I am really sick of these children. Someone else should have adopted them. Ungrateful, stupid brats.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
Update immediately, please!
funnygirl00 chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
No, no, no, no, no, no. How could things have taken such a dramatic turn? They were going so well at first. I'm holding my breathing waiting for Legolas or Guthwyn to make one more or something. Out of curiosity, is their first kiss anywhere in the near future?
Midknight911 chapter 93 . 6/15/2014
I liked this chapter with Haiweth and Cobryn. They are good together though it is hard to tell what she is thinking. I hope she gives Legolas a chance. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Midknight911 chapter 92 . 6/4/2014
I have just spent the past few weeks reading and rereading the Ronan Pride Chronicles, and I loved it. I picked Alone out at random and once I picked it up I couldn't stop until I had finished, even though I knew next to nothing about the Lord of the Rings universe except for things from the Hobbit movies. Then I downloaded the ebooks and reread it because it was fantastic and worth rereading for the entertainment value and because with something this long you tend to forget some details. The grammar and writing really exceeds my expectations for fan fiction, and even though it is slow at times there is always something in each chapter that I like. I think it is kind of sad how Hammel and Haiweth have turned out; Hammel being so rude and Haiweth acting so shallow. I really like Elfwine and Legolas' POV and cannot wait to see Legolas' reaction when he finds out what Haldor did. Anyways this chapter was cute (I love the Gúthwyn and Legolas scenes) and I can't wait for the next one.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 92 . 6/1/2014
You're doomed Guthwyn muahahahaha Leggy likes you too much and vice versa :) I am interested in her intervention with Haiweth. I'm dying to know what Hammel is thinking. And looking forward to more alternate povs ;)

Great job as always. I love opening my email to see an update from you! You always take us in unexpected ways!
Brynhilda chapter 92 . 5/26/2014
Thank you, Anolinde, for this very nice chapter.
I like very much the titles of the last chapters you have published, they are well found and quite funny.
My interest keeps growing and has been happily rewarded with these bedtime stories.
Guthwyn and Legolas were cute spending quality time together.
Her conversation with Cobryn was also interesting in many ways.
I hope to see more interaction with Haiweth and Hammel in the future chapters.
Keep writing ! :-)
Kiiimberly chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. I always look forward to reading another chapter. I think it's great that Guthwyn is finally going to speak to Haiweth about Legolas. I really love how Guthwyn and Legolas' relationship continues developing and that she's making fewer and fewer comparisons between Legolas and Haldor. On a side note, I honestly can't stand how the children treat Guthwyn; I think it would be so much better if they realized what Guthwyn actually did for them. Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter!
Elfwine chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
I finally have a chance to 'type' a review for one of your wonderful updates and not text it! It is refreshing! Anyhow - Guthwyn learning 'Elvish' history in such a way was very charming and reasuring. Not only does it help her bond more with Legolas and help her become more excepting of his close presence, but it also makes up for some of her lost chances at learning more of the world and its multi-layered history. Perhaps Thranduil will not be so fixed on his opinion of her 'lack of knowledge' of his people? At the end of this chapter, I would like to think there is a hint that Guthwyn's relationship with Haiweth might be re-strengthened later on...? The dynamics between her and the children are very realistic but also entertaining and somewhat saddening to. This chapter seems to focus a lot on acceptance and coming to grips with the reality of the changes occurring in Guthwyn's life. It's nice to see that she's finally taking the next big step in recovery, and that's encouraging. There's a lot to appreciate in character development here, and I also enjoyed Guthwyn's sudden realization concerning Legolas and Cobryn. Oddly enough, it amused me. Though, I'm not sure why. I cannot wait to see what comes next!
funnygirl00 chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
Thank you so much for updating. I had a very hard, tiring and dramatic day today and I was just checking things before getting into bed. And there was this wonderful chapter waiting for me. It was a soft, fuzzy, warm, piece of pleasure for me to read. I shall probably be reading it multiple times over until it's the next chapter.
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 92 . 5/24/2014

Ever since you messaged me saying you would update this weekend had me checking every 5 minutes for an update until I forced myself to leave the computer and wait for an hour. So thank you for updating.

Wow, I just love this chapter. I think it might be added to my favourites. He is by far a sweet and understanding elf and I love him so much for it. You have done such a good job with him that I try and look for other fanfictions that have portrayed him just as you did. So far there are none. Therefore, I have given up all hope and must imagine Legolas as you have made him.

On account of Guthwyn's progress: YES! I'm glad that she will stop making comparisons between him and Haldor. I'm so glad about that.

I'm sorry for the shorter review but with this chapter it is rather difficult to formulate a well written response. I suppose the first time I ever reviewed was the most satisfactory but I cannot go on as long as I would like- all I want to do in my reviews is sing your praises. In fact, I have given the ebooks to friends of mine and all of them love the Rohan Pride Chronicles. And none of them ever read fanfictions because they don't believe in disrupting the master's work so take that as an over-the-moon compliment.

As I always tell you, keep on writing and keep on updating.

Larien Larry Arnatuile