Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Brynhilda chapter 92 . 5/26/2014
Thank you, Anolinde, for this very nice chapter.
I like very much the titles of the last chapters you have published, they are well found and quite funny.
My interest keeps growing and has been happily rewarded with these bedtime stories.
Guthwyn and Legolas were cute spending quality time together.
Her conversation with Cobryn was also interesting in many ways.
I hope to see more interaction with Haiweth and Hammel in the future chapters.
Keep writing ! :-)
Kiiimberly chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. I always look forward to reading another chapter. I think it's great that Guthwyn is finally going to speak to Haiweth about Legolas. I really love how Guthwyn and Legolas' relationship continues developing and that she's making fewer and fewer comparisons between Legolas and Haldor. On a side note, I honestly can't stand how the children treat Guthwyn; I think it would be so much better if they realized what Guthwyn actually did for them. Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter!
Elfwine chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
I finally have a chance to 'type' a review for one of your wonderful updates and not text it! It is refreshing! Anyhow - Guthwyn learning 'Elvish' history in such a way was very charming and reasuring. Not only does it help her bond more with Legolas and help her become more excepting of his close presence, but it also makes up for some of her lost chances at learning more of the world and its multi-layered history. Perhaps Thranduil will not be so fixed on his opinion of her 'lack of knowledge' of his people? At the end of this chapter, I would like to think there is a hint that Guthwyn's relationship with Haiweth might be re-strengthened later on...? The dynamics between her and the children are very realistic but also entertaining and somewhat saddening to. This chapter seems to focus a lot on acceptance and coming to grips with the reality of the changes occurring in Guthwyn's life. It's nice to see that she's finally taking the next big step in recovery, and that's encouraging. There's a lot to appreciate in character development here, and I also enjoyed Guthwyn's sudden realization concerning Legolas and Cobryn. Oddly enough, it amused me. Though, I'm not sure why. I cannot wait to see what comes next!
funnygirl00 chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
Thank you so much for updating. I had a very hard, tiring and dramatic day today and I was just checking things before getting into bed. And there was this wonderful chapter waiting for me. It was a soft, fuzzy, warm, piece of pleasure for me to read. I shall probably be reading it multiple times over until it's the next chapter.
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
anolinde

Ever since you messaged me saying you would update this weekend had me checking every 5 minutes for an update until I forced myself to leave the computer and wait for an hour. So thank you for updating.

Wow, I just love this chapter. I think it might be added to my favourites. He is by far a sweet and understanding elf and I love him so much for it. You have done such a good job with him that I try and look for other fanfictions that have portrayed him just as you did. So far there are none. Therefore, I have given up all hope and must imagine Legolas as you have made him.

On account of Guthwyn's progress: YES! I'm glad that she will stop making comparisons between him and Haldor. I'm so glad about that.

I'm sorry for the shorter review but with this chapter it is rather difficult to formulate a well written response. I suppose the first time I ever reviewed was the most satisfactory but I cannot go on as long as I would like- all I want to do in my reviews is sing your praises. In fact, I have given the ebooks to friends of mine and all of them love the Rohan Pride Chronicles. And none of them ever read fanfictions because they don't believe in disrupting the master's work so take that as an over-the-moon compliment.

As I always tell you, keep on writing and keep on updating.

Larien Larry Arnatuile
ZabuzasGirl chapter 92 . 5/24/2014
Update immediately, please!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 91 . 5/11/2014
I needed a few days to formulate a response...

Omg poor Guthwyn! Once again, a step forward another backwards! Damn, how many times has she broken something now? She's just like me, tripping and falling and breaking bones!

...of course our only consolation is that Legolas is worried over her. I'd love to see his pov next, and Cobryn's too cuz we all know he's observant like that haha Not sure what he'd think though XD

DFC
nefaerieous chapter 91 . 5/5/2014
Your updates are like rays of sun in a cloudy week...too few and so very much appreciated. Waiting on tenterhooks to see what happens next!
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 91 . 5/5/2014
OMG, thiiiiiiiis, yeeeeees and noooooooooo, that friggin ankle! n Legolas and Guthwyn moments are both a blessing and a tragedy ;n; I notice their time together has this balance of both good and negative outcomes, meaning we the audience get excited they are hanging out together and Guthwyn is enjoying herself, but their time together always seems to end on a bad note (broken ankles, a crying Elfwine, a drunken Amrothos) xD Poor Legolas! Can't seem to catch a break, but then again, it's through these bad outcomes that Legolas proves himself to be trustworthy - At least in Guthwyn's eyes.
I have a feeling Hammel and Legolas are going to have a throwdown at some point o_o
Fantastic update! Sorry for the lack of reviews - I literally stop what I am doing when I see your story update xD Which means, I'm most likely reading it on my phone and writing a review on my phone is a headache . Anyways, great update and I can't wait to see the conclusion to the Legolas visit!
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 90 . 5/5/2014
Oh wait, this is the chapter when she finally reads the story with Elfwine u Like I said, behind on my reviews ;n;
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 89 . 5/5/2014
Wow! So good! I am so glad Lothiriel decided to read the story! I really like her character - I just feel so extremely bad for her and wished Eomer was more upfront and honest about Gwuthwyn's past (she's his wife for crying out loud, gotta share important details such as your sister-in-laws tragic/traumatic past). If he was, this whole mess wouldn't have escalated e_e Both him and Lothiriel are so stubborn n
Anyways, great, fantastic, oober-awesome update :D
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 88 . 5/5/2014
Oh my gosh I am soooo far behind on reviewing your story n Must catch up!
funnygirl00 chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
Oh my goodness. I read this chapter three times and I still am having trouble finding the words to describe it. It was full of sweet moments and then packed with drama! I, as well as the other reviewers, and going to politely urge and beg you to please update soon. Us humble readers can only drool with anticipation for the next chapter for so long before going insane under your creative spell!
Brynhilda chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
Wow ! This is a chapter I'll certainly be reading again and again :-)
Every aspect of the story has progressed in this new ''episode'', Elfwine is happier, Guthwyn is busy writing him stories (and subsequently learning a bit of Elvish culture and customs), Cobryn is watchful as always, and poor Leggy seems quite lost with his feelings for Guthwyn.
It seems that a great plot in unraveling and that our favorite characters are slowly going to meet their destiny.
I'll be happily waiting for the next chapter !
superwholocklvr chapter 91 . 5/4/2014