Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 89 . 5/5/2014
Wow! So good! I am so glad Lothiriel decided to read the story! I really like her character - I just feel so extremely bad for her and wished Eomer was more upfront and honest about Gwuthwyn's past (she's his wife for crying out loud, gotta share important details such as your sister-in-laws tragic/traumatic past). If he was, this whole mess wouldn't have escalated e_e Both him and Lothiriel are so stubborn n
Anyways, great, fantastic, oober-awesome update :D
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 88 . 5/5/2014
Oh my gosh I am soooo far behind on reviewing your story n Must catch up!
funnygirl00 chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
Oh my goodness. I read this chapter three times and I still am having trouble finding the words to describe it. It was full of sweet moments and then packed with drama! I, as well as the other reviewers, and going to politely urge and beg you to please update soon. Us humble readers can only drool with anticipation for the next chapter for so long before going insane under your creative spell!
Brynhilda chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
Wow ! This is a chapter I'll certainly be reading again and again :-)
Every aspect of the story has progressed in this new ''episode'', Elfwine is happier, Guthwyn is busy writing him stories (and subsequently learning a bit of Elvish culture and customs), Cobryn is watchful as always, and poor Leggy seems quite lost with his feelings for Guthwyn.
It seems that a great plot in unraveling and that our favorite characters are slowly going to meet their destiny.
I'll be happily waiting for the next chapter !
superwholocklvr chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
OH GOD
THE FEELS
SO AMAZING
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
Once again, another brilliant chapter from the master herself :)

I loved it, honestly. Definitely added to my list of favourite chapters in the entire series, and this chapter has made me fall in love with Legolas even more- something that I believed was not possible. You have, without a doubt, created the best Legolas yet.

As for breaking an ankle- yikes that sounds **painful**. From here on out I am going to be more careful dismounting from horses (me and my friends are very reckless riders- we get an adrenaline rush from falling off when galloping... and aren't discouraged when one of us gets a minor concussion). I would positively loathe having my ankle reset if it feels like that. Thank the Valar we have painkillers.

I also love reading about Legolas's concern for her- he is very very sweet. I want a pet Legolas now...

Keep writing, you are just amazing!

ChaosEver chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
well done, well done. waiting impatiently for more, though I can totally understand that intense chapters can take a while to get just right, and lets face it, most of this series is a study in varying degrees of intense. :D Good work, and we are still reading. don't give up hope.
Kiiimberly chapter 91 . 5/4/2014
I'm glad to hear the stories with Elfwine are going well but I hope that Lothiriel will eventually realize that Guthwyn intentions aren't malicious. I think Guthwyn handled the situation pretty well considering her history. Thanks for updating anolinde and I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Elfwine chapter 91 . 5/3/2014
Although I feel really bad for Guthwyn, I liked this chapter a great deal. The obvious obstacles remaining between these two, and very serious ones at that, seem to be carefully unfolding in this part of the story. Hammel's behavior concerns me though. I really hope that one day his feelings and inner conflicts can be resolved somehow. Thank you for such a wonderful update! I'm really looking forward to the next one.
Glory Bee chapter 91 . 5/3/2014
Rather a brutal chapter. :( I cannot even imagine the pain Guthwyn was experiencing. It was distressing to see how hostile her adopted children are towards Legolas. :(
ZabuzasGirl chapter 91 . 5/3/2014
Update immediately, please!
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 65 . 4/28/2014
This is definitely one of my favourite chapters, along with Guthwyn's Educational Experience (in case you cannot tell, I am in love with Legolas) and I am glad that one so talented as you shares their work, for many great writers merely write and hide their skill away from the world. I believe many people would benefit by following your example.

Yes, I do try and make my reviews long and (hopefully) interesting because, as a writer myself (not a very good one, I must say), longer reviews are generally more appreciated.

I do like the fact that Legolas is very over protective but cannot work out his feelings for Guthwyn but does not want to frighten her. Guthwyn's experience with Haldor has left her scarred and scared, making it highly unrealistic if she just falls in love with the elf who looks just like her tormenter straight away. In return, it would be incredibly inconsiderate of Legolas to express fellings of love to a woman who used to be terrified of him. Not to mention that would completely ruin any chance of a relationship they could have had.

I actually want Lothíriel to find out about Haldor, and what he did to Guthwyn. I believe that would help her understand Guthwyn much better and realise how many similarities there are between the two women. But then again, I also want Legolas to find out about Haldor, and Eomer and Eowyn to find out that Legolas could be Haldor's twin so I would not be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

I can't help but feel sorry for poor Elfwine. A child should never have to be put through what he has been and I have a feeling it might grow worse if Eomer keeps up with his treatment of Lothíriel.

I was going through Wikipedia and I found out something that I believe you used in this story: Éomer's sword was called Gúthwinë (Old English: gūð wine, "battle friend"). I was wondering if that is where Guthwyn's name came from.

Keep updating, please. Your fanfiction is definitely my favourite ever.

Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 53 . 4/26/2014
I must say, I highly doubt that the oak tree is older than Legolas, because while there is an oak tree rumoured to be 10000 years old, Arwen was born in the beginning of the Third Age (the year 241) and I believe that Legolas is older than her. Unfortunately that can never actually be confirmed because Tolkien never did state what Age, nor year Legolas was born. I do not believe his birth was ever mentioned at all.

This is my second time going through and completely reading the Rohan Pride Chronicles and, once again, I am not disappointed. Your style of writing is sophisticated and I believe you have captured the essence of Tolkien's work perfectly. I find no fault at all with your ideas or how you have placed in your own thoughts where Tolkien's faltered, such as your description of Ithilien. I found you wrote out exactly what I had imagined when I read Lord of the Rings and I applaud you for it. Well done with keeping up with your work where many others would have abandoned it. I feel that such dedication to something should not be ignored, but acknowledged.

I must also mention the actions of Legolas, for it is clearly obvious that he is slowly but surely helping her recovery. I have never read a fanfiction where Legolas is captured exactly as he should until I read this one. Other fictions I have read have made him too forward and too unrealistic as if the writer cannot wait to write about the love scenes between the OC and himself. I confess I am guilty of doing this myself for I don't have the patience to write so much though the ideas form in my head. You, however, seem to have stolen all of my views and opinions about Legolas and put them down on this site, achieving what I thought was impossible. I thank you for this.

And lastly I come to the subject of Haldor. Now in a movie, you know an actor is a good actor if you hate his character. I believe the same for a writer. Now I shall not say you captured his personality beautifully because while the race of Elves are wonderful, Haldor is certainly not. I am curious to find out why Haldor looks exactly like Legolas, where he hails from and how he got to Mordor. I am sure you will not disappoint those of us readers who are eagerly waiting for your next chapters. No pressure, of course.

Again, I thank you for allowing many to read your wonderful works of fiction and I wish you all the best in your writing.

Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 90 . 4/18/2014
Soften your heart Lothiriel! I think she is a little bit. Smart Guthwyn. Also, I feel for poor Elfwine...now we need Eomer to soften his heart! It's terribly cruel of him to not let her see her brother...even if he is a jerk!

As always, I'm very happy to see an update from you! -hugs- Looking forward to the next one :)

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 90 . 4/14/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. Eomer and Lothiriel are both so stubborn and set in their ways. It's believable but frustrating. Lovely scene with Elfwine though; seems like Guthwyn's plan is working. I'm looking forward to the next update! :)
610 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »