Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
ZabuzasGirl chapter 28 . 1/8/2014
Update immediately, please!
Shawny.a chapter 85 . 1/8/2014
Thank you for this chapter :) I always get so excited when I see you've updated! Wonderfully written as always and I can't wait to read more
Sarnedhiel chapter 85 . 1/7/2014
This chapter was a great way to cheer me up after flunking my chemistry exam, so thank you for that!
Do you remember I had assumptions?
Well, I have another about Haldor, which had slipped my mind: I sort of imagined him to be Oropher and that he and his army didn't die, leading to the marshes, but that they were captured and became things lesser than what they once were.
Skayes chapter 85 . 1/7/2014
You updated! So happy!
OMAGASH, I loved the Hobbit! I saw it twice and I want to see it again. The husband probably won't be ok with that though, until it goes into the cheap theaters. It was so hard not to drool during the Legolas parts. Sigh... he's so dreamy. I wonder what's going to happen to him in the next movie. (Btw this is skayes44. I got a fanfic account.)
Poor Elfwine! I want to just wrap him up in a hug. He's heartbroken! :( Poor Gúthwyn too. Haha I don't know what I would've done in that situation! Legolas is such a sweetheart. A guy with that much patience with kids...he's definitely a keeper. Lol! Poor Eomer too haha having to deal with his rambunctious cutie. I just love this story, girl. Keep it coming! :)
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Happy New Year! Hope your holidays were pleasant and fun :) I'm currently in Hawaii doing an internship and boy was this a nice surprise!

You're good at describing a child's jealousy of another sib/relative/cousin taking up the adult's time and energy. I'm a bit surprised Legolas didn't intervene, but then he always seems a bit aloof about these things in your tale, and I'm sure Raniean had nothing nice to say. I'd love to see and am hoping for another all elf scene. I'm curious as to what they are thinking and saying about Legolas, because elves are def observant!

I adored the Hobbit as well! (Saw it twice already lol) It was so satisfying, though a bit darker than the previous movie. Kinda like how the trilogy got darker, I'm wondering how part three will go.

So anyway -hugs- and thanks for the update my dear! I'm hoping for some more soon, as always :)

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Oh no. I can see where Elfwine is coming from though, especially with his parents' poor relationship. I remember being so jealous after my sister was born.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Ah! I really love this chapter XOXOXOXO! Guthywn, Elfwine and Legolas playtime u They are my favorite character interactions. And I don't really agree with the "Guest" comment, I am pretty sure you established that Legolas is curious about Haldor but he refuses to venture down that path due his already fragile relationship with Guthwyn. He doesn't let his curiosity out-weigh his respect and admiration for Guthwyn. I do, however, agree with your response, you definitely have time to fit the origins of Haldor in this story, but to include them now would seem so out of place. I really am enjoying these less turbulent times with Guthwyn, she was already a strong person to begin with - we know that as readers - but I feel like she herself is beginning to feel stronger or more comfortable with herself? We are always haunted by things we have done in the past, big or small but it's a matter of brushing them off and caring on with your day - this is not a matter of ignoring the past but instead not to dwell upon it day in and day out. I feel like Guthwyn is becoming stronger mentally because she is choosing not to dwell or lingering in the past. This chapter is a testament of that, a few years ago the word "rape" would have caused an anxiety attack. She could not help nor stop herself from reliving her time with Haldor :( And I remember her always saying "Make it stop, I want it to stop!", it broke my heart. But now I feel like she has slowly gained back that control she lost so long ago!

I say that but when it comes time for her wedding night, she might regress but I don't feel like it will be a complete and utter downfall for her. Sigh, I dunno, human's are so complicated _

Anyways, awesome awesome awesome! Can't wait to read about Leggy, Elfwine and Guthwyn in the next chapter :D

Cheers!
sue92178 chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
You know children so well and write them beautifully! At least we are getting to the heart of Elfwine's pain... thank you for updating!
Elfwine chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Aw, poor Elfwine, and poor Elboron as well. I feel pretty bad for Guthwyn to. I was so happy to see this update, and I really cannot wait for more!
TMI Fairy chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Slapping brats does wonders.
Borys
ZabuzasGirl chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Update immediately, please!
CheekyOnlooker chapter 84 . 1/4/2014
I love this story so much but there is something that I loved about it that seems to be fading. What originally drew me into the series was the fighting spirit of Guthwyn and how she was bold, resourceful, and ultimately dangerous. I feel like she has lost that completely and that her personality is kind of destroyed. I understand that after everything she has been though, it might have snuffed most of that out but I would assume that she would have either made progress or became anguished at her lack of capability. What started off as a teeth gripping story I feel has become a bit of a sob story. Obviously it takes years to come back from something like that but I would like to see some more progress. Indeed she has been able to strengthen her relationship with Legolas, but I wanted her to grow in other areas. Maybe bring on a threat that would required her to fight? maybe Legolas would remind her of the fighting prowess she once possessed and offer to spar with her, perhaps inquired who originally taught her, more back story and what not. Just a suggestion. I'm really excited to read the next chapter.
Shawny.a chapter 84 . 12/29/2013
I love how the story is going! I'm still praying that legolas and guthy end up together!
Hiril Isilme chapter 84 . 12/26/2013
Hi there, not sure if you remember me...it's been quite a few years.

I have been following this series since I read the first installment. It is one of the most impressive pieces of Fanfiction I have had the pleasure of reading. You are very talented. I just caught up and I'm liking where it is going. Although I do find the plot slow-moving at times, I understand why it needs to be this way. There is so much vibrancy and detail to this whole story. I was a college student not long ago, so I understand what you are going through; but I really hope that you can update soon. I also was NOT expecting little Elfwine to ask THAT question.
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 84 . 12/13/2013