Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 72 . 1/8/2012
Hm I better split this review in to two parts XD Looooonnnnnnngggggg piece here...lol sorry but I get carried away sometimes!

Chapter Review: Poor Guthwyn! My personal mantra for your character! And now you've chosen to throw Cobryn in. Poor Cobryn! Franky I'm glad to see more of him in the story, he's always been a favorite of mine ;) I wonder where you're going to have this go. Love, I don't think is in the equation for them both for each other. But then you deal your characters a hard hand, so we'll see. Hopefully you'll bring back Leggy some next chapter...well you should when his father comes to visit. Almost forgot that detail! Until then I'm hooked and riveted. Let's see what happens!

Next part: I'm a little surprised and unsurprised at the same time. About the hiatus I mean. You've been writing for Guthwyn for years, it's only natural you might get a bit stuck with it. I don't know how you write but I sometimes find it helps to take a break from one character and do something with another. Not a whole new story maybe, just make someone up and stick them in a scene and write it. Not as a whole story, just a small snippet. I always get fresh ideas this way. And it helps me learn about my characters. Would one of them do this or that and under what circumstances...so many times I find them clamoring for their own way of doing things and they become so much more than the words they're created from. I write used to write without a clue as to where I was going, blind! Then I took this writing class in college and now I learned how to write pieces of the story I want to tell, and then fit them together and fill in the gaps. It helps for me to do it.

I'm definitely sticking around for the next update. You have me enthralled. I'm in too deep for too long to back out. I have to hear more, even if you end up abandoning the story and just writing what you planned for it, I need to know! haha I love your writing, and your complex deep characters. There's been so much improvement from when you began to write to the present as well and I can see it and I delight in it. It's more than the story you know, it's what your writing says for itself and that is the reason I will follow you as an author. Girl if you have a published book out there or if you ever do publish a book, shoot me a message because I'm buying it.

I can't remember when I first began to read your stories, a year ago, two three? More? I don't know, it doesn't matter I guess except that I flatter myself to think I'm one of your strongest followers XD In a totally non-obsessive not-creeper-stalkerish sort of way of course!

I always am excited to see an update from you, and I'm sure I've said that countless times. I can wait for the good stuff, and wait I shall until the summer for an update if I must

Until then, good luck in your endeavors and I hope you find your way in the story again!

DFC-Liz
i chapter 72 . 1/8/2012
WTF!
Kiiimberly chapter 72 . 1/8/2012
Thank you for updating anolinde. I can't imagine what Guthwyn is going through right now but Corbyn is such a great friend for her. I'm disappointed that there will be a hiatus but I'm eagerly awaiting what you'll come up with next. A few questions though... How many chapters are left? Will there be a possible sequel or even sequels? And will you make The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement available as a PDF file as you've done for the previous stories? Until next time, Kimberly.
The Suburban Coyote chapter 71 . 12/22/2011
UPDATE! Please?
Livia09 chapter 71 . 12/18/2011
Oh my, Thranduil! I love his character but I don't think it will be easy for poor Guthwyn to meet him ... Please update soooon!
Brynhilda chapter 71 . 12/16/2011
Aaaagh, and you have NOT shown us Legolas's letter to Gúthwyn !

You are so cruel sometimes...

;-)
Kiiimberly chapter 71 . 12/15/2011
I'm worried about the visit with the King. And Guthwyn is running out of time.
funnygirl00 chapter 71 . 12/15/2011
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much for updating! I was so worried you'd given this story up. Please update soon! I'm really, really, looking forward to the next chapter of this work of art.
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 71 . 12/15/2011
aaaaah, oh my gosh! Legolas's father in the next update!

I cannot wait!

It is great to finally have a character like Nanaendis for Guthwyn to confide in. It will help her recovery - now Guthwyn will listen to someone else's advice! She is such a stubborn character, but ya can't help but love her!

Anyways. can't wait for the next update! Happy Holidays!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 71 . 12/15/2011
Wow she's really been making some headway over the past few chapters. Of course, every time I've thought this in the past Guthwyn took about 20 steps back lol We'll see So Daddy Elf-King wants to get involved and meet her? Wow I'm not sure how you'll make that go. Hopefully he won't be too mean to her XD More likely he'll piss of Legolas who'll defend Guthwyn I think

Looking forward to another update! :D

DFC
anolinde chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
testing
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 70 . 12/6/2011
Oh my gosh! This series has gotten so friggin good! I mean with the Legolas being in love with Guthwyn...it was actually very unexpected after reading the last four books. I can't tell you how much of an impact that has made on the story to have this relationship start between the Guthwyn and Legolas. Just to see those subtle interactions, especially on legolas part, between the two just sends butterflies to my stomach. It just makes me so happy that he is able to give Guthwyn some peace and ease.

Though, I will add that Guthwyn's does not learn from her mistakes and that's a bit unnerving. But it is expect, my mother went though something almost similar to Guthwyn...she was unable to escape a wretched childhood, it wasn't until she was 18 did she start her recovery from almost two decades of abuse. And that was when she met my father, he became someone she could trust and he protected her - and still does to this day - my mother is in her mid-fifties and she is still recovering.

It's alarming how accurate you are to how Guthwyn would be acting and continue to act...I commend you on being truthful...regardless of what other reviews have said...I know first hand that when someone has suffered through years of horrible abuse, the recovery is a day to day process that takes a whole life time to heal.

I think it is very upsetting to see Guthwyn still go through the same actions and reactions over and over again...I am glad I stuck with this story because as you have promised you were spending all of that time and chapters leading up to something crucial...The smallest details became so drastic, and I found myself holding on to the littlest in reactions between Guthwyn and Legolas...I was so excited to see that she was getting over her fears and letting go, piece by piece, her past.

Anyways, I could go on forever...I can't wait for the next update! Soon please!
My Silver Angel Wings chapter 70 . 11/19/2011
You just made my day complete. Thank you for updating!
Brynhilda chapter 70 . 11/16/2011
Hi Anolinde,

Nice (and fast) update !

I like this new development of Nestadan and Nanaendis's parts in the story. This feels more like a whole world with many people, each with his/her personality, than a simple story.

I remember how Peter Jackson had to cut huge parts of Lord of the Rings to make and be able to end his movie trilogy.

I regretted it because I'm a big fan of the books.

I don't know if anyone has tried to count the pages of all the parts of Rohan Pride, but I'm beginning to think it will be even much longer than LoTR... :)

I'm not complaining about the length of your story, I love it so much, I'm just a little worried that it is going so many directions at the same time that it might become difficult to handle as well for the readers as for you.

But maybe you have already written the end and I'm worrying for nothing ?

Take care and don't forget to give us a bit of romance from time to time ;)
Livia09 chapter 70 . 11/16/2011
Finally Guthwyn will get the help she needs the most. Talking therapy will do her good! Thanks for the update!
417 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »