Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
sue92178 chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
You know children so well and write them beautifully! At least we are getting to the heart of Elfwine's pain... thank you for updating!
Elfwine chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Aw, poor Elfwine, and poor Elboron as well. I feel pretty bad for Guthwyn to. I was so happy to see this update, and I really cannot wait for more!
TMI Fairy chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Slapping brats does wonders.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 85 . 1/6/2014
Update immediately, please!
CheekyOnlooker chapter 84 . 1/4/2014
I love this story so much but there is something that I loved about it that seems to be fading. What originally drew me into the series was the fighting spirit of Guthwyn and how she was bold, resourceful, and ultimately dangerous. I feel like she has lost that completely and that her personality is kind of destroyed. I understand that after everything she has been though, it might have snuffed most of that out but I would assume that she would have either made progress or became anguished at her lack of capability. What started off as a teeth gripping story I feel has become a bit of a sob story. Obviously it takes years to come back from something like that but I would like to see some more progress. Indeed she has been able to strengthen her relationship with Legolas, but I wanted her to grow in other areas. Maybe bring on a threat that would required her to fight? maybe Legolas would remind her of the fighting prowess she once possessed and offer to spar with her, perhaps inquired who originally taught her, more back story and what not. Just a suggestion. I'm really excited to read the next chapter.
Shawny.a chapter 84 . 12/29/2013
I love how the story is going! I'm still praying that legolas and guthy end up together!
Hiril Isilme chapter 84 . 12/26/2013
Hi there, not sure if you remember's been quite a few years.

I have been following this series since I read the first installment. It is one of the most impressive pieces of Fanfiction I have had the pleasure of reading. You are very talented. I just caught up and I'm liking where it is going. Although I do find the plot slow-moving at times, I understand why it needs to be this way. There is so much vibrancy and detail to this whole story. I was a college student not long ago, so I understand what you are going through; but I really hope that you can update soon. I also was NOT expecting little Elfwine to ask THAT question.
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 84 . 12/13/2013
Sooooo Oh oh Oh oh OOOOOOOH GOOD! XOXO
ZapZapYotsuba chapter 83 . 12/13/2013
Yaaaay! You released these new chapters on my b-day! It made my day XOXO Great updates! So happy that you are posting again u
Skayes44 chapter 83 . 12/10/2013
Love it! I was so surprised when I saw that you updated! Lol Eomer spoke to Elboron in a higher pitch also. :) Such a good chapter. Well worth the wait. :) Elfwine is adorable. I love him.
Guest chapter 84 . 12/9/2013
Still a wonderful story and still one of my favorite but there is something that has been bothering me. I feel like there is a hole in the story about the fact that Haldor looks exactly like Legolas. Legolas even saw Haldor and he just seems to ignore that fact except for when he wonders about Guthwyn. Wouldn't Legolas be super curious? Would he not ask his father about having a potential twin? It just seems like it's been a secret for way too long. This is already the second sequel and we don't know why yet.
Otherwise I'm still very happy with the story. Many people seem to ship Guthwyn/Legolas but I'm hoping she ends up with Cobryn. Legolas just cannot give her what she wants or needs. She wants children more than anything but if by some very very very slight chance she and Legolas were able to have them, the children would be half immortal and doesn't that mean they grow up slowly too? So Guthwyn would miss out on watching her children grow up. Also she would grow old and wrinkly while Legolas stays perfect which would be difficult for them both, not to mention when she dies Legolas will have to spend eternity without her.
Just bad busniess all around. Plus Cobryn deserves some loving too, even if it's only from friendship and the love of his kids
Kiiimberly chapter 84 . 12/9/2013
Thanks for updating anolinde! Did I forget something? Is Guthwyn staying behind in the colony?
Kiiimberly chapter 83 . 12/9/2013
I'm glad she has come to a decision about marriage, but I'm not sure how I feel that she's only doing it for children.
world-classgeek chapter 84 . 12/9/2013
Guthwyn Guthwyn Guthwyn... When are you going to see that Lorithiel is not going to get nicer! The only thing that's happening is Elfwine is miserable. And Legolas likes you!
anyway, this was great! Keep up the awesome!
Sarnedhiel chapter 84 . 12/8/2013
I knew it! I bloody knew that question was coming up! I'm just hoping the rest of my assumptions are going to happen as well...
And two chapters, with so little time in between make me a very happy reader.
Keep it up!