Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
sambam16 chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
Beautiful ending!
Kiiimberly chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
Awesome! Thanks for updating anolinde. I didn't realize you've been writing so long. I've really enjoyed following your stories and, when I first discovered them, spent many late nights reading. I'm glad they're finally together and the series isn't over. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)
White Wisps of Smoke chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
This final chapter... I can't believe it. I actually cried.

Guthwyn deserves every ounce of happiness. I am so happy that they are united.

Now, I don't know what to think of there being another story to come! There is still so much to address. And I wonder how much pain will occur ;) hopefully not a lot. Lots of ends to tie. I personally hope elphir learns of this in whatever sad corner he's living in and know that there's nothing he can do to inject any more hate into her life. I'm just so happy for Guthwyn! I'll be thinking about this for a long time, haha.

Happy holidays Anolinde! I can't wait for your next installment. Thank you.
Tibblets chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
Thanks for this wonderful tale. Can't wait for the next tale to begin. Merry Christmas to you. I use that term because I grew up with it, but I could very well say merry Sol Invictus, or merry Sarurnalia, if you like.
Fineas chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
ZabuzasGirl chapter 125 . 12/25/2015
Wonderful!
Zip001 chapter 124 . 12/25/2015
I get so invested in the characters you depict - I empathisize with them, cry and despair with them, yearn and dream with them, tremble in their fears and anxieties, exult in their happiness, and rage in their anger. The reason is that each seems so singular.

My favorite character is Elfwine and his sweet character shines through in his letter. In the letter, you see his beautiful heart - I found it very endearing that he confessed of overhearing Guthwyn's sad tale when he should have gone to bed and his anger towards Cobryn for making her cry.

Tauriel's strength of character also shines true - in her resolve to find Legolas notwithstanding the loss of her captaincy or her home. I like that she continues to question Thranduil in the end about his intentions.

While Thranduil can easily be thought of as the villain in this story, this chapter captures his vulnerabilities and his love for his son. I do understand his motivations - no parent wants their children to suffer perhaps unnecessarily and all would want only the best for their children. By the measures he focuses on, it is true that Guthwyn stands short but what he does not see (and what she herself forgets about herself and fails to see) is her generous heart (how she thinks of others over and above herself and her own needs and her own safety) and steadfast loyalty to her loved ones. The most important measure is how she makes Legolas complete. I feel for Thranduil though I question his unapologetic cruelty.
Ysmira chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
Beautiful! I knew the letter from Elfwine would be a fun to read. I hope she can find Leg soon!
Pineapple3000 chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
GAAAAAHHHH. I don't think I shall be able to find sleep after this! Terrific chapter as always :) Happy holidays!
Pineapple3000 chapter 122 . 12/24/2015
Nice Christmas present :3 There's something that's been bugging me for a while, though it has nothing to do with this chapter. Hammel's resentment towards Guthwyn is not being addressed by any of the characters. It's been of course noticed and punished on a few occasions, but there has been no 'ok boy sit down we need to talk' moment. I'm wondering why Cobryn has not looked in to the matter further...
neFaerieous chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
Aaaaah! Run woman run! What a glorious cliffhanger! I could not be on larger tenterhooks.
Elfwine chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
- and breathe - Yes! I'm sure lots more is bound to go wrong, but this is a great place to sit and wait for better things. I loved Elfwine's letter, Tauriel's way of handling the situation, and am concerned for Legolas. Thanks for the update, and merry Christmas!
Kiiimberly chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. I hope she finds him soon! :)
Guest chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
Oh, well done, Elfwine! You are quite right - grown-ups can be decidedly confusing. ;)

Thranduil's inner conflict is skillfully portrayed here, anolinde. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 124 . 12/24/2015
Omg, omg, it's getting so close! I've been waiting years for this. I think I'm going to go into withdrawal when you go back to a regular updating schedule, lol. Will you be continuing the story after they've gotten together? I really want to see them both as parents, and basically just their whole lives together, lol.
770 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »