Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Zip001 chapter 123 . 12/24/2015
I just adore Elfwine (love his dogged attempts to save the happiness of the two he loves - his silly aunt and his favorite honorary uncle). I was impressed that he withstood the fury of Eomer which must be so intimidating given their size difference! So brave and such a caring kid! I love him questioning Thranduil's cruel actions towards his Guthwyn.

I was relieved that she is coming home. She needs to be buffered with the nonjudgmental love of both Eomer and Elfwine among the people who she loves and who care for her!

I hope Legolas gets the message! Crossing fingers and toes!
Kiiimberly chapter 123 . 12/23/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. Wow Elfwine did come through! :) I hope they get that letter out soon.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 123 . 12/23/2015
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Elfwine chapter 123 . 12/23/2015
Well, I'm glad Guthwyn is going home. If it makes her feel any better. Although, she'll probably still be carrying around those "feels", no matter where she goes.

I also love how Elfwine put his foot down. He might not be an adult, but he's starting to grow up. Makes me feel a little bad for Eomer though.

Thanks for this! And happy holidays!
corinne-la chapter 29 . 12/23/2015
Cobryn is always the voice of reason. Sometimes I wonder how he doesn't go crazy trying to reason with Guthwyn.

The scene with Haiweth was so emotional but so necessary. In this instant the 14 year old girl is so much wiser than Guthwyn. It feels like Guthwyn's horrible experiences has arrested her development some and just like Haiweth said she can't see how anybody would want another life than what she wants. Which is so sad. In their conversation it actually felt like Haiweth was older than Guthwyn, she still has so much to learn. Still love her though :P
corinne-la chapter 28 . 12/23/2015
Yes! It was so satisfying reading Eomer finally finding out about Lothiriels behavior. He can be such a ignorant buffoon sometimes. I totally understand his anger, I would feel the same. At the same time I wonder if Guthwyn could have spared all this if she would have just told him to begin with so he could have put a stop to it. I think that is one of Guthwyn's main faults, she keeps everything to close. Instead of sharing and asking for help she keeps silent to spare people the trouble. Very self sacrificing but not smart in the end. I love how you write her with such a multi faceted personality. Makes it much more interesting.

And poor Elfwine,her leaving will break his heart.
corinne-la chapter 27 . 12/23/2015
I feel like this huge confrontation between Guthwyn and Lothiriel was unavoidable. Even though Guthwyn didn't do anything with a malicious intent in mind I do feel she can be rather self involved sometimes. Lothiriel is not a woman I feel deserves a lot of sympathy but Guthwyn did not really do anything to help the relationship between Elfwine and the queen. Just a sad story all around. I can't wait to see what happens though when Guthwyn gets a change of scenery. And what about the kids? So intrigued.
Zip001 chapter 122 . 12/23/2015
The epiphany was actually quite traumatic for me - I was trembling and crying as much as Guthwyn, such a painful realization and feeling such despair (when you think you are the cause of the unhappiness of someone you love, much less your own).

Poor Elfwine to hear his beloved aunt's sad tale! I hope (but I can't dare to) that he will send word to Tauriel who will be able to reach Legolas in time.

Yet throughout her tale, I could not help but felt also bad for Cobryn as he too has his dreams of children.
corinne-la chapter 26 . 12/23/2015
This chapter leaves me feeling so conflicted because from Lothiriel's point of view Guthwyn really comes across as kind of horrible. I feel for her. Yes she really has behaved bad but the isolation and constant comparison to the "perfect" Guthwyn must be hard. Lothiriel is no angel but having your own son preferring someone else is incredibly sad. I love how you never write anything all black and white, their is always shades of grey
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 122 . 12/23/2015
YESSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLLLLLYYYYYY

That's all I have to say really :)

DFC
Ysmira chapter 122 . 12/23/2015
Yeeeeeeeeees! Hurraaaaay! Finaaaally! I cannot wait! Thanks Elfwine for his disobedience!
TMI Fairy chapter 122 . 12/23/2015
Just dropped by to check if the story is still circling the drain.
The girl is FUBARed by her Mordor experience and wishes to perpetuate the cycle. Instead of hooking up with some nice Rohirr or even the Dol Amroth dude, she keeps on gong to the elf dude who reminds her of her tormentor.
She's sick in the head ...
Nice story, but not for me. I enjoyed the 2nd part, though.
Borys
Laraa chapter 122 . 12/22/2015
I must admit, when I saw the title of tis chapter and that Imrahil and Lothoriel were having a talk in private, I thought it might have something to do with her wanting do divorce Eomer.
Kiiimberly chapter 122 . 12/22/2015
Thanks for the update anolinde. You did a great job capturing all the emotions. I'm glad she finally knows! I wonder if Elfwine will intercede somehow...
LarienArnatile chapter 122 . 12/22/2015
MY RELIEF!

Elfwine will save the day, at least. Or he better. How perfect is it that Legolas gave him a means of contacting him?
769 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »