Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
AHHHHH I WANTED TO HEAR IT TOO COBRYN!

and omg you're going to address Haldor's origins?! Wait, what?!

This whole chapter was such a tease. I really can't wait to see the next one.

Of course Guthwyn would be the last to know -rolls eyes-. You make such interestingly twisty convoluted plots all intertwined with canon, movie, and headcanon themes T-T I am seriously on edge here!

Looking forward to the next chapter dear :)

DFC
loginlessfan chapter 103 . 1/25
Yaaaaaaayyy! Thank you for the amazing chapter :') I've been checking in everyday anticipating your updates and the chapter, as always, was worth the wait and more.
I can't wait to see how Guthwyn reacts and how cobryn will percieve the ongoings not to forget legolas and omg hammel, what about faramir cuz he knows about borogor… so much to look forward to :O pleeeaasse be kind to us and update us
Ps we love you and your character development is amaaaazzzinngg!3
Ysmira chapter 103 . 1/25
Its getting more and more interesting! But why this chapter ends so fast? :)
Midknight911 chapter 103 . 1/24
Awwww, cliff hanger...
This was so good I'm so glad Guthwyn has finally decided to smarten up. I mean I know she isn't the brightest but it took her so long. Yes I know her trauma was partly the cause and the people who are in love are the last to know but it took so long!
Anyways did I detect a little bit of attraction between Cobryn and Tauriel? Speaking of Cobryn I would really like to listen to the conversation as well. Maybe someone gets to overhear the conversation as well? Maybe someone who is awoken from a nap?
I also wonder what Guthwyn's siblings were talking about so serously? Hmmm the plot thickens.
Anyways this chapter I believe has been your most eventful in a while, with every main character mentioned this time (which you deserve props for) and so much going on in the background and especially Guthwyn's confession.
Grrrr... I wish I could skip ahead in time so I don't have to wait! I look forward to your next chapter.
sue92178 chapter 103 . 1/24
I am so glad Guthwyn has realized what we have known all along (well... for at least a little while!). It seems like things may be coming to a head... I can't wait!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 103 . 1/24
Wonderful!
I wonder how legolas will react when he finds out what Thranduil said to her.
Update immediately, please!
Come on, why do so many writers adopt this stupid portrayal of Thranduils in the movie? Him being an asshole, looking down upon others, turning his back on others in need, unfeeling towards his son, and so on. It is the complete opposite of how I imagine the elves.

Apart from that I keep enjoying your story very much.
Kiiimberly chapter 102 . 1/12
Thanks for the update anolinde. Man this was so sad but the King is only looking out for Legolas. Looking forward to the next update!
I would like to start off by saying that I have been following this story for years! I love your writing style and how well you incorporated Guthwyn! It was like you read my mind in wanting more "girl power" for the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but went above and beyond any of my original expectations for stumbling upon a fan fic (no offense to other fanficton authors).

Now with all groveling aside (lol), I haven't read the beginning of this story in a while so I can't remember if you did cover this, I was wondering about the origins of Halder. I always assumed that he was in some way of the same blood as Legolas, considering that they looked identical, but I was too eager to keep reading to dwell on it at the time. Does Thranduil know about him? If you haven't addressed Halder's lineage yet, do you have plans to do so? If his background is never brought up, it won't take away from your story though. I've just been really curious for a while :)

Jenell
maya chapter 102 . 1/6
I loved this chapter:)
Thanks so much for answering my question about Gùthwyn, it helped a lot. Twelve years this has been going on for? I could never be that dedicated but please continue to write, love every new chapter
funnygirl00 chapter 102 . 1/5
Thranduil is horrid! It wasn't so much Tauriel that he was objecting to. He was just using her to let Guthwyn know that she should stay away from Legolas. Ahhh! Too short! I don't know how I'll survive until February!
sue92178 chapter 102 . 1/4
Oh, that sneaky, wretched Thranduil! You managed to put many layers into his conversation with Guthwyn and I do not think for a second this conversation had much to do with Tauriel at all so much as Guthwyn herself. Well done chapter, even though it made me mad!
smock12 chapter 102 . 1/4
That is such a way to end the chapter. Please update soon.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 102 . 1/4
o.0 Thranduil is a jerk. I think you got him down perfectly. Poor Guthwyn doesn't get the politics of it all T-T She's in denial. Brilliant chapter. I really loved it. I think you balanced both movie and book canon well.

DFC