Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
omgitsalexmarie chapter 120 . 12/19/2015
Soooo...is Legolas showing up here sometime soon? My guess is yes. Can't wait for the next!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 120 . 12/19/2015
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 119 . 12/18/2015
Pulling my heartstrings you are. I hope we get a glimpse of Legolas. He must be despondent as well.

Liz
katia chapter 119 . 12/18/2015
Oh for the love of the Valar. Would you please stop writing this story is a circle that is never unchanging. Guthwyn is unhappy. Guthwyn doesn't sleep. Guthwyn doesn't eat. Her family are having conversations about her. Guthwyn has a pair, otherwise she would have never survived Mordor. Get her out of the cycle and do something with her. This new character that Guthwyn has become of the pathetic, I need a man in my life female is sickening and tiresome.
Zip001 chapter 119 . 12/17/2015
I am very worried about Guthwyn. When her nephews cannot hold her interest (her distractednesswhen reading and playing with Elboron and writing to Elfwine), you know that something is truly wrong with her. Her feelings for Legolas seems to have gotten even stronger - once she acknowledged her feelings for him upon realizing that there is no hope, it seems that the floodgates of her emotions sprung open and are overwhelming her with despair.

While she thinks she is fooling others, she is wrong. I think Cobryn decides to not press her - because ultimately he does care for her, doesn't want her to be hurt and beginning to warm to the idea of having children.

Her worried sister does not know how to reach her. I think the distance between them is mainly her sister's somewhat patronizing and pitying attitudes towards her (even Guthwyn notices that) - the thing is that you would think there are more similarities between the sisters with Eowyn being harassed by Grima. While I think Eomer realizes to some extent the horrors she faced, I think he instead focuses on her strengths - her kindness of heart even towards those who do not deserve such kindness, her sword skills, and her undying loyalty to the ones she loves. He does treat her like a child but he seems proud of her and her infectious fighting spirit whereas Eowyn seems exasperated with her and tries to tamp that down a bit to conform to the Gondor society's norm. I worry that her sister will try again to have the talk with her - further driving her further away and perhaps forcing her to leave.
Kiiimberly chapter 119 . 12/17/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. Would be interesting to hear what legolas has been up to.
Sage94 chapter 119 . 12/17/2015
omg that was a short chapter, so I hope this means that you will be having a great 120th chapter ;)

thanks for this insightful chapter though. Today I'm going back to read the horse and the swan. That story seems like a lifetime ago.

ZabuzasGirl chapter 119 . 12/17/2015
Zip001 chapter 118 . 12/17/2015
What a whirlwind day for Guthwyn - meeting so many people - few she rather not meet again (I include prince Imrahil and his family in this bucket - no matter how kind the prince is to her, I think there is a quite bit of discomfort) and a few near and dear to her heart (Eomer, Lebryn, and Eowyn).

I really like reading her discussions with her brother. There is an absolute love between them that I just delight in - unlike Eowyn, I think Eomer usually doesn't chastise her or really push her. The little wooden horse made me cry a bit - I really hope he returns and that it brings him luck.

I don't know why but like Guthwyn, I am strangely leery of Arwen. I don't understand her fascination with both Guthwyn and Haiweth. I just don't like busy bodies - they are not friends and there is no reason to stick your nose - no matter that and especially because you are a queen - in someone else's business.

And while most will say that Guthwyn is absolutely oblivious (a female version of Mr. Magoo), I think she has it right that the friendship between Legolas and herself has effectively ended - he cannot even look at her nor speak to her without using her title or attempting to distance himself away from her. Whether it turns to something else looks ominous given his trip and her impending marriage to Cobryn.

I can't even think or talk about her relationships with her children. It is too painful to read or think about it. Perhaps it is best if she lets them fly as they drag her (and me) down with their negativity. I personally dislike the artificial gentility and superficial-ness in Gondor - give me the honesty and genuine kindness/warmth of Rohan any day!
Ysmira chapter 118 . 12/16/2015
It was sooo... like the old times, when Guthwyn had problems in Rohan. I prefer current action, but it was still nice to be back for a moment. Let us hope some things will move on, though :)
Kiiimberly chapter 118 . 12/16/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. It's sad how much she cares for her children but not vice verse. Not sure when they became so ungrateful.
KittyCat007 chapter 117 . 12/15/2015
DAMN IT LEGGY
ZabuzasGirl chapter 118 . 12/15/2015
Kiiimberly chapter 117 . 12/14/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. Glad things smoothed over a little between legolas and elfwine.
Zip001 chapter 117 . 12/14/2015
This seems so cruel - almost like displaying candy to children and then taking it away (while sticking out your tongue)!

The scenes with Elfwine and Legolas usually make me smile as I can imagine how Legolas would be with his children, how he would be so patient and caring. And then, of course, Legolas had to tell him that he will be leaving and not returning until two or three years or even longer. I felt just like Elfwine - I wanted to scream at him, curse him, and perhaps (this is where Elfwine acts in more mature manner than I) kick him in the shins. While a bow has sentimental value (especially to Legolas), it could not replace Legolas or even partially compensate for his absence (often I see parents try to buy their children's love). And he lied to Elfwine, I am actually shocked at this - one thing to lie to yourself but another to lie to a kid.
769 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »