Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
funnygirl00 chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Oh, drat it! Things were going so well. Now, I've got to wait for that next chapter! I hope that Guthwyn allows Legolas to have that dance after that moment.
Sage94 chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Really intriguing ending to your 100th chapter for this story :) what an accomplishment.
The part where Guthwyn was worrying over Arwen and Haiweth was cringeworthy, because I wish she could be more accepting to Haiweth growing up (Even though it's understandable). Your characterization is amazing. You write flawed characters really well.
I'm pumped to see what happens for the rest of the evening
gginsc chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Sheesh! I'm getting really sick of this dance! Guthwyn will die of old age before she admits she loves Legolas.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 100 . 11/22/2014
uh oh!
Update immediately, please!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Confirmation at LAST of Legolas' thoughts! :D I love love love this chapter. Everything I wanted to see in this chapter was in it and more! I was thinking 'Oh they match' and then you wrote it 3 and Thranduil is amusing. (Plus TAURIEL! omg) Everyone but Legolas and Guthwyn seems to know. Now all we need is Gimli, Aragorn, and the Hobbits weighing in on the issue :3

All fangirled out over the chapter. I can't wait to see the next!

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. It's kind of frustrating how both won't say anything about their feelings. The red-head I'm guessing is Tauriel?
Brynhilda chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Wow, what a party !
Elves are really the best when it comes to smoothly cater a successful event. :-)
No rude Gondorian nobles, no bad people from Dol Amroth, a beautiful scenery, food and merriment everywhere : who could ask for more ?
So, the little green monster is slowly creeping into Guthwyn's mind with Tauriel's appearance, and will be later, I suppose, into Legolas's mind as well, with the announced scene with Halwend and Merry. Hehe :-)
In this chapter, I feel quite bad for Legolas, who looks almost ashamed by the depth of his feelings for Guthwyn. Given the fact that elves love just once in their long life, it's just sad to repress it so much. Of course Guthwyn is not the easiest lady to court, but please don't make Legolas suffer too much, he already has a difficult father to deal with :-P

Honestly, as your description of the seating arrangements is very detailed, I had to grab a sheet of paper to write down the positions of all the mentioned characters around a rectangular table, starting with Thranduil and Legolas. As far as I read the story, I thought the arrangements were just perfect. But something isn't right at the opposite end of the table, I just can't place Haiweth, Cobryn and the three elves with the rest. Who is sitting on Faramir's left and on Haiweth's right ? Sorry for maybe going too far into the fantasy, your writing is so rich that I can almost imagine everything as if I was there... ;-)

Thank you again for the super nice chapter, and please update soon !
gginsc chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
HA! HA! Will Guthwyn finally wake up? Poor Legolas!
Midknight911 chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Yay, Tauriel finally makes her appearance. Although she did not have any lines this chapter I know that her appearance and what she has to say will effect Gúthwyn and her interactions with Legolas. Plus it's nice to have a bad-ass female character, especially since Gúthwyn seems to be dropping the ball on that one since she stopped sparring like she used to.

Aww I think Leggy hurt Guthy's feelings when he ignored her, too bad she didn't know it was so she wouldn't be scared off. I think we need more insight courtesy of the adorable Elfwine. Also I think Gúthwyn introducing Halwend to Merry is gonna bring out Legolas' jealous side which will, in turn, make Tauriel talk to him about it.

Well wonderful chapter and, as always, i shall await the next with bated breath.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 99 . 11/1/2014
Update immediately, please!
Adaneth Dinen chapter 98 . 10/18/2014
You are an amazing writer, and I have absolutely loved reading your story! You have no idea how much I've been freaking out about Legolas and Gúthwyn; I love the relationship that they've formed, especially since they had a bit of a rocky start (to say the least). Please please update soon! I really want to know how everything works out!
Kiiimberly chapter 98 . 10/16/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. I think Hammel finally got what was coming to him. I'm really curious when he started to change (as well as Haiweth). The saddest thing is that they have no idea what Guthwyn has done for them. Looking forward to the next chapter!
gginsc chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Guthwyn is so blind! What is wrong with those children? After all she has done for them they are so ungrateful! The boy seems to hate her. What is his problem?
jingle-bitch chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Good chapter. Yet it is starting to annoy me how clueless Guthwyn is.
Brynhilda chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
Wow, you're just weaving us the event of the year in all of Middle-Earth !
I really would like to be there too. :-)

I just love this chapter, because...
... Elfwine talking with Thranduil was so adorable ;
... angry-with-Hammel Eomer rocks ;
... the Rohirric Girl Squad has spent some quality time chatting and getting all pretty for the night ; it's so good to see the three of them so natural and carefree for once ;
... Guthwyn really made Cobryn blush (major thumbs up for this one !) ;

And I can't wait to read more of this, because...
... we're going to see more Elves (Elrond's twins ? yay !) ;
... I guess that despite the lack of boys her age, Haiweth is not going to lack dance partners ;
... Hammel could also get caught into dancing by a nice female someone, for a change ;
... handsome dressed up Cobryn is going to break some hearts ;
... the best healer is going to be needed for Legolas when he sees Guthwyn.

Thank you again !