Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Elfwine chapter 117 . 12/13/2015
I feel even worse. But, I'm glad that Elfwine and Legolas are parting on good terms. I really thought that the bow was a nice touch. I almost laughed out loud, when Elfwine asked about marrying Tauriel. I look forward to any possibility of there being letters between the two of them! Thanks for this! It was sad, but adorable. And, it's making me feel nostalgic for some reason.
omgitsalexmarie chapter 117 . 12/13/2015
YES! I always love a chapter with Elfwine. He's my favorite :) Really enjoying these updates every other day! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Pineapple3000 chapter 117 . 12/13/2015
Great chapter but man, are you killing me.
Ysmira chapter 117 . 12/13/2015
Poor Elfwine! Im so sorry for him! And I guess we cannot avoid Legolas leaving? I hope it will all mend itself before Christmas!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 117 . 12/13/2015
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Elfwine chapter 115 . 12/12/2015
I'm not gonna lie, this one almost made me tear up... Something's wrong with me. Thanks for this! I really looked forward to reading these new updates, after not having internet for a while. This just topped my day!
corinne-la chapter 25 . 12/12/2015
I have not read this story since 2009 when I decided to try and hold out reading it until it was finished. I am weak and gave up :P. The frequent updates that started showing up in my inbox taunted me too much. I just love this story too much to not get into it again even though I may get stuck waiting in agony for new chapters. So happy to be back and reading another chapter with my favorite characters.

-Dear Guthwyn you are so wonderful and it was so welcome to see her standing up to Lothiriel in this chapter. She can play your horrible game too ice-queen. Seeing her enjoying Legolas company is also exhilarating.

-I loved Legolas in this chapter because again you showed a side of him you often didn't see in the movies (I haven't read the books). The fun, playful side is so great to read.

-Elfwine is such a little rascal and a matchmaker in the making.

Can't tell you enough how wonderful it was to read a chapter from this story again and so ready to dive in and read everything I have left.
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 116 . 12/12/2015
STOP GIVING US HOPE AND THEN STABBING US IN THE FEELS!

*Flails and dies*

omg girl, you're killing me. I mean I do love it, but omg I can't even with these last few chapters. It's an exquisite pain. I wish everyone wasn't being so damned polite. This is what happens when communication just breaks down. I swear to the Valar that she better go on a crusade and take after him. Actually that kinda seems like the impulsive and stubbornly determined thing she would do...if SHE saw a glimmer of hope instead of being wrapped up in her own misery. SMH.

Hope to see more from you soon darlin' :) I hope you're doing well :D

Liz
Kiiimberly chapter 116 . 12/12/2015
Thanks for updating anolinde. Hmm thankful for his bluntness. It would be interesting to see from lothiriels perspective too.
Guest chapter 116 . 12/12/2015
I'm starting to realize that they may never end up together and it hurts to see them suffer for the sake of the others perceived happiness... I can't get it out of my mind, your characters are so well written, it's as if they have become close friends of mine. So I will be selfish and beg you to please maybe write a separate short chapter where they can be happy.
I love your writing
Zip001 chapter 116 . 12/12/2015
As I was reading the title of this chapter "The Thwarted Stallion," I first thought the stallion was Eomer, king of the horse lords who wasn't able to fully shake down Legolas for answers. But now I am thinking that it could symbolize Legolas, who underneath his cool kind genteel exterior has a smoldering almost wild passion and whose passion had been thwarted.

Very sad about the two star crossed "lovers".

I could not help but contrast between Cobryn's blunt interrogation style with Eomer's equally blunt (but a bit more gentle) style.

I wonder if she actually told Cobryn what Legolas said verbatim so that Cobryn could question her whether Legolas specifically said Tauriel's name or whether she merely assumed that is who is speaking of. His comforting her and providing a safe haven - so lovely and yet so bittersweet!

I also wonder if Legolas were to open more to Eomer about his feelings, what Eomer or anyone else (excluding Guthwyn) could do to ease his evident suffering. So clear that he is in such pain and that such pain is closely tied to Guthwyn.

In midst of the misery of both Legolas and Guthwyn, Elfwine would just be crushed once he hears of that someone he loves is leaving him. Poor little guy!
Ysmira chapter 116 . 12/12/2015
Lothiriel or Eowyn help! Because those men are totally useless in fixing this situation!
Pineapple3000 chapter 116 . 12/11/2015
Oh please oh please no. No. nononononnononononononooooo! I can't- noooooooooo. no. Please. oh please please please no. PLEASE. Aahaaaaaaaaaaaaa X'( aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrhg! pleeeeeaaaasseee.
WaywardandWanderlust chapter 116 . 12/11/2015
come oooonnnnnn! this is killing me
ZabuzasGirl chapter 116 . 12/11/2015