Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
gginsc chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Sheesh! I'm getting really sick of this dance! Guthwyn will die of old age before she admits she loves Legolas.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 100 . 11/22/2014
uh oh!
Update immediately, please!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Confirmation at LAST of Legolas' thoughts! :D I love love love this chapter. Everything I wanted to see in this chapter was in it and more! I was thinking 'Oh they match' and then you wrote it 3 and Thranduil is amusing. (Plus TAURIEL! omg) Everyone but Legolas and Guthwyn seems to know. Now all we need is Gimli, Aragorn, and the Hobbits weighing in on the issue :3

All fangirled out over the chapter. I can't wait to see the next!

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. It's kind of frustrating how both won't say anything about their feelings. The red-head I'm guessing is Tauriel?
Brynhilda chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Wow, what a party !
Elves are really the best when it comes to smoothly cater a successful event. :-)
No rude Gondorian nobles, no bad people from Dol Amroth, a beautiful scenery, food and merriment everywhere : who could ask for more ?
So, the little green monster is slowly creeping into Guthwyn's mind with Tauriel's appearance, and will be later, I suppose, into Legolas's mind as well, with the announced scene with Halwend and Merry. Hehe :-)
In this chapter, I feel quite bad for Legolas, who looks almost ashamed by the depth of his feelings for Guthwyn. Given the fact that elves love just once in their long life, it's just sad to repress it so much. Of course Guthwyn is not the easiest lady to court, but please don't make Legolas suffer too much, he already has a difficult father to deal with :-P

Honestly, as your description of the seating arrangements is very detailed, I had to grab a sheet of paper to write down the positions of all the mentioned characters around a rectangular table, starting with Thranduil and Legolas. As far as I read the story, I thought the arrangements were just perfect. But something isn't right at the opposite end of the table, I just can't place Haiweth, Cobryn and the three elves with the rest. Who is sitting on Faramir's left and on Haiweth's right ? Sorry for maybe going too far into the fantasy, your writing is so rich that I can almost imagine everything as if I was there... ;-)

Thank you again for the super nice chapter, and please update soon !
gginsc chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
HA! HA! Will Guthwyn finally wake up? Poor Legolas!
Midknight911 chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Yay, Tauriel finally makes her appearance. Although she did not have any lines this chapter I know that her appearance and what she has to say will effect Gúthwyn and her interactions with Legolas. Plus it's nice to have a bad-ass female character, especially since Gúthwyn seems to be dropping the ball on that one since she stopped sparring like she used to.

Aww I think Leggy hurt Guthy's feelings when he ignored her, too bad she didn't know it was so she wouldn't be scared off. I think we need more insight courtesy of the adorable Elfwine. Also I think Gúthwyn introducing Halwend to Merry is gonna bring out Legolas' jealous side which will, in turn, make Tauriel talk to him about it.

Well wonderful chapter and, as always, i shall await the next with bated breath.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 99 . 11/1/2014
Update immediately, please!
Adaneth Dinen chapter 98 . 10/18/2014
You are an amazing writer, and I have absolutely loved reading your story! You have no idea how much I've been freaking out about Legolas and Gúthwyn; I love the relationship that they've formed, especially since they had a bit of a rocky start (to say the least). Please please update soon! I really want to know how everything works out!
Kiiimberly chapter 98 . 10/16/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. I think Hammel finally got what was coming to him. I'm really curious when he started to change (as well as Haiweth). The saddest thing is that they have no idea what Guthwyn has done for them. Looking forward to the next chapter!
gginsc chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Guthwyn is so blind! What is wrong with those children? After all she has done for them they are so ungrateful! The boy seems to hate her. What is his problem?
jingle-bitch chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Good chapter. Yet it is starting to annoy me how clueless Guthwyn is.
Brynhilda chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
Wow, you're just weaving us the event of the year in all of Middle-Earth !
I really would like to be there too. :-)

I just love this chapter, because...
... Elfwine talking with Thranduil was so adorable ;
... angry-with-Hammel Eomer rocks ;
... the Rohirric Girl Squad has spent some quality time chatting and getting all pretty for the night ; it's so good to see the three of them so natural and carefree for once ;
... Guthwyn really made Cobryn blush (major thumbs up for this one !) ;

And I can't wait to read more of this, because...
... we're going to see more Elves (Elrond's twins ? yay !) ;
... I guess that despite the lack of boys her age, Haiweth is not going to lack dance partners ;
... Hammel could also get caught into dancing by a nice female someone, for a change ;
... handsome dressed up Cobryn is going to break some hearts ;
... the best healer is going to be needed for Legolas when he sees Guthwyn.

Thank you again !
Elfwine chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
Well, I just waved good-bye to the last shred of hope I had for Hammel. I keep hoping Haiweth will make something close to a full recovery in the future, with her fear of Elves and all. It's almost ironic that she's that way, because she admires Arwen so much. I wonder what Gamling and Erkenbrand were discussing...? I did not forget that little bit. And is it possible that Eowyn is up to something? The flowers are a new addition. All these questions will keep me glued until the next update! I am a little concerned for Cobryn, but I hope he gets a happy ending in this story. Thank you for such a wonderful chapter! I cannot wait until the next one!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
You tease! Ahhhh! I wanted more Legolas and Guthwyn interaction...though the scraps you threw us were delicious (Sorry, I've been marathon watching Chopped and I'm thinking in food metaphors haha).

The dress idea *dies* I really wish I could envision it in my mind more. You have to write Legolas' pov when he first sees her (pretty please? With a cherry on top?)

I have a feeling this party is going to have some serious ish going down. You've been building us up slowly but surely towards it.

Hammel! I'm as clueless as Guthwyn is as to why he'd such a bitter rude git...you make him so cryptic. I mean even if he understood what she had done back in the camp with the Legolas look-alike (I've forgotten his name for the moment...Haldor? T-T ), he should appreciate her sacrifices, not look down on her. Him thinking she's week and naive makes more sense, and that's more than a little priggish but some people look down on others who aren't as learned or quick to understand. Still the extent of his hatred seems to intense for it to have such a simple explanation. I'd love a flashback in his pov to their time in Mordor. Might bring a little light to the situation.

Ai. I am very much looking forward to the next installment. I eagerly swallow them up with gusto (again with the food metaphors...)

-hugs- Hope to see more soon dear!

DFC-Liz