Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
ZabuzasGirl chapter 101 . 12/13/2014
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. so cute!
maybe have thranduil talk to her again in the next chapter
Kiiimberly chapter 100 . 11/27/2014
Thanks for the update anolinde. I'm looking forward to the next one! :)
Midknight911 chapter 100 . 11/24/2014
I love how you showed some of Gúthwyn's strength in this chapter. Lately it's been sort of nonexistent, which I am not complaining about but I missed it. Oh boy is legolas in trouble, I think he finally realizes that almost everyone except him and Gúthwyn knows what's goon on. Man but I didn't see much jealousy on Legolas' part when she was with the men sadly, I was kinds looking foward to that. Oooh I wish some Elfwine or Cobryn wisdom will be headed our way. Cant wait for your next amazing chapter.
Brynhilda chapter 100 . 11/24/2014
Haha, this is just priceless.
Not only Legolas is tongue-tied, but Thranduil and his advisor are starting to cower, seeing Guthwyn as a immediate and lethal threat to their beloved heir.
I love your depicting of Guthwyn's thoughts and emotions in this chapter. _
Well, now that the hobbits, dwarves, humans and royal Elves are all enjoying the night, may Cobryn also meet Tauriel ? Even if it's just so that they can gossip together about Guthwyn and Legolas. Pretty please ! ;-)
Does anyone has the recipe of the Beornings' honey cakes, by the way ?
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 100 . 11/24/2014
Oh my god. Legolas tongue-tied! And Guthwyn being more observant than usual. -gasp-

Sexy hair is sexy and Legolas totally gave himself completely away at that point haha

I love all the details and the attention you pay to canon. It's amazing how your story is just as immersive as the original :)

DFC
funnygirl00 chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Oh, drat it! Things were going so well. Now, I've got to wait for that next chapter! I hope that Guthwyn allows Legolas to have that dance after that moment.
Sage94 chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Really intriguing ending to your 100th chapter for this story :) what an accomplishment.
The part where Guthwyn was worrying over Arwen and Haiweth was cringeworthy, because I wish she could be more accepting to Haiweth growing up (Even though it's understandable). Your characterization is amazing. You write flawed characters really well.
I'm pumped to see what happens for the rest of the evening
gginsc chapter 100 . 11/23/2014
Sheesh! I'm getting really sick of this dance! Guthwyn will die of old age before she admits she loves Legolas.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 100 . 11/22/2014
uh oh!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Confirmation at LAST of Legolas' thoughts! :D I love love love this chapter. Everything I wanted to see in this chapter was in it and more! I was thinking 'Oh they match' and then you wrote it 3 and Thranduil is amusing. (Plus TAURIEL! omg) Everyone but Legolas and Guthwyn seems to know. Now all we need is Gimli, Aragorn, and the Hobbits weighing in on the issue :3

All fangirled out over the chapter. I can't wait to see the next!

DFC
Kiiimberly chapter 99 . 11/3/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. It's kind of frustrating how both won't say anything about their feelings. The red-head I'm guessing is Tauriel?
Brynhilda chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Wow, what a party !
Elves are really the best when it comes to smoothly cater a successful event. :-)
No rude Gondorian nobles, no bad people from Dol Amroth, a beautiful scenery, food and merriment everywhere : who could ask for more ?
So, the little green monster is slowly creeping into Guthwyn's mind with Tauriel's appearance, and will be later, I suppose, into Legolas's mind as well, with the announced scene with Halwend and Merry. Hehe :-)
In this chapter, I feel quite bad for Legolas, who looks almost ashamed by the depth of his feelings for Guthwyn. Given the fact that elves love just once in their long life, it's just sad to repress it so much. Of course Guthwyn is not the easiest lady to court, but please don't make Legolas suffer too much, he already has a difficult father to deal with :-P

Honestly, as your description of the seating arrangements is very detailed, I had to grab a sheet of paper to write down the positions of all the mentioned characters around a rectangular table, starting with Thranduil and Legolas. As far as I read the story, I thought the arrangements were just perfect. But something isn't right at the opposite end of the table, I just can't place Haiweth, Cobryn and the three elves with the rest. Who is sitting on Faramir's left and on Haiweth's right ? Sorry for maybe going too far into the fantasy, your writing is so rich that I can almost imagine everything as if I was there... ;-)

Thank you again for the super nice chapter, and please update soon !
gginsc chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
HA! HA! Will Guthwyn finally wake up? Poor Legolas!
Midknight911 chapter 99 . 11/2/2014
Yay, Tauriel finally makes her appearance. Although she did not have any lines this chapter I know that her appearance and what she has to say will effect Gúthwyn and her interactions with Legolas. Plus it's nice to have a bad-ass female character, especially since Gúthwyn seems to be dropping the ball on that one since she stopped sparring like she used to.

Aww I think Leggy hurt Guthy's feelings when he ignored her, too bad she didn't know it was so she wouldn't be scared off. I think we need more insight courtesy of the adorable Elfwine. Also I think Gúthwyn introducing Halwend to Merry is gonna bring out Legolas' jealous side which will, in turn, make Tauriel talk to him about it.

Well wonderful chapter and, as always, i shall await the next with bated breath.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 99 . 11/1/2014