Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Guest chapter 115 . 12/11/2015
Omg no why! This isn't okay :(((
Zip001 chapter 115 . 12/10/2015
So sad that they are so broken (sob!).

I am actually quite impressed that Guthwyn was the one that tried to mend their distant interactions - asked him for a private moment, tried to understand what happened to their friendship, tried to empathasize with his sadness/heart sickness, blurted about her plans to get married, etc. All of her actions were actually really brave - she really put herself out there and was both vulnerable and honest (to a point because she wanted to support him in his "love" for Tauriel) in front of him.

What made me sad that Legolas didn't open up to her about his feelings to her. I think that if their friendship were to ever continue, he needs to be upfront with her so she can confess her feelings for him. Because his attempt to run away isn't likely solve the underlying problem.
Sage94 chapter 115 . 12/10/2015
Noooooo! The agony.
neFaerieous chapter 115 . 12/10/2015
Still not cool man. A good friend would have intervened by this point, thrown one of them to the proverbial wolves by announcing their intentions. Sigh. You did say about 500 chapters ago that these two would never end up together, I kept hoping you'd changed your mind. :-/
Kiiimberly chapter 115 . 12/10/2015
Thank you for updating anolinde. It's so painful that they leave so many things unsaid...
Ysmira chapter 115 . 12/9/2015
No, why, I wanted so hard to cry! I only hope that something will happen to Guthwyn and Leg will come to help her, or something...
ZabuzasGirl chapter 115 . 12/9/2015
...I hate you.
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 114 . 12/9/2015
OUCH Right in the feels. T-T I hope you're adding updates so quickly to get to the better stuff soon!

Liz
Elfwine chapter 114 . 12/9/2015
This just can't get any worse... I know I'm gonna eat those words, eventually, but it just can't! I'm hoping Guthwyn just cracks and tells Legolas how she feels. - crawls away -

(forgot to sign in )
Pineapple3000 chapter 114 . 12/8/2015
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
gginsc chapter 114 . 12/8/2015
I am truly sick of all this miscommunication between Guthwyn and Legolas! How can she expect anything from Legolas when she is planning to marry someone else? She avoided the elf and now she is upset he is avoiding her. How stupid. I understand how Legolas can mistake her feelings after hearing of her plans to marry Corbryn. What is he supposed to think. This woman is a mess. If she was a real person I would be tempted to track her down and slap her. I won't say slap her silly, because she already is.
Zip001 chapter 114 . 12/8/2015
The beginning is my favorite part with the letters being so honest, true, and emotional. As much as Thranduil would say that his heart is hardened in contrast to his son's heart which, like his wife's heart, is so warm and generous, I disagree especially in reading about his delight in reading that Legolas was well in Rivendell as well as his fears when he embarked as a member of the fellowship. Legolas' letter is so striking to me in its desperation and honesty - how sad he is, how he wants to see his father, how he wants to run away (to be as far from Guthwyn and her happiness). I wonder if being elves mean that they may feel too much - that the highs are higher and the lows are so much lower (where a broken heart could typically lead to fading away). I think of their plans to have him travel extensively on business for his father as potentially backfiring as the distance could make the heart ever fonder and the nights where he is alone possibly filled with dreams of her.

That dinner was an absolute fiasco for Legolas as it is clear that something is truly wrong between Guthwyn and him (he did a horrible job in hiding his attempts to distance himself from her). Starting with his first words to her (such a formal greeting) and ending with his not being able to look at her, it was both painful to read (as you can tell how much pain he feels and equally Guthwyn's pain in the loss of their friendship and not seeing him for a long while). I could sense Eowyn's perceptive mind trying to figure what happened; and that makes me both worried (for Guthwyn, who is in such a delicate state and is likely to break down upon Eowyn's questioning her) and excited (could she somehow bridge their misunderstanding?).

Another emotional chapter!
Kiiimberly chapter 114 . 12/7/2015
Thanks for the update anolinde. I hate the bad communication, this is so sad. Is this story coming to an end soon or are you thinking about another one?
Bananas chapter 114 . 12/7/2015
I think this might be what empathetic heartbreak feels like... But I can't wait to read the next chapter!
sue92178 chapter 114 . 12/7/2015
I know you have a plan... but these chapters are torture! But don't stop writing them!
769 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »