Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Kiiimberly chapter 98 . 10/16/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde. I think Hammel finally got what was coming to him. I'm really curious when he started to change (as well as Haiweth). The saddest thing is that they have no idea what Guthwyn has done for them. Looking forward to the next chapter!
gginsc chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Guthwyn is so blind! What is wrong with those children? After all she has done for them they are so ungrateful! The boy seems to hate her. What is his problem?
jingle-bitch chapter 98 . 10/13/2014
Good chapter. Yet it is starting to annoy me how clueless Guthwyn is.
Brynhilda chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
Wow, you're just weaving us the event of the year in all of Middle-Earth !
I really would like to be there too. :-)

I just love this chapter, because...
... Elfwine talking with Thranduil was so adorable ;
... angry-with-Hammel Eomer rocks ;
... the Rohirric Girl Squad has spent some quality time chatting and getting all pretty for the night ; it's so good to see the three of them so natural and carefree for once ;
... Guthwyn really made Cobryn blush (major thumbs up for this one !) ;

And I can't wait to read more of this, because...
... we're going to see more Elves (Elrond's twins ? yay !) ;
... I guess that despite the lack of boys her age, Haiweth is not going to lack dance partners ;
... Hammel could also get caught into dancing by a nice female someone, for a change ;
... handsome dressed up Cobryn is going to break some hearts ;
... the best healer is going to be needed for Legolas when he sees Guthwyn.

Thank you again !
Elfwine chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
Well, I just waved good-bye to the last shred of hope I had for Hammel. I keep hoping Haiweth will make something close to a full recovery in the future, with her fear of Elves and all. It's almost ironic that she's that way, because she admires Arwen so much. I wonder what Gamling and Erkenbrand were discussing...? I did not forget that little bit. And is it possible that Eowyn is up to something? The flowers are a new addition. All these questions will keep me glued until the next update! I am a little concerned for Cobryn, but I hope he gets a happy ending in this story. Thank you for such a wonderful chapter! I cannot wait until the next one!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 98 . 10/12/2014
You tease! Ahhhh! I wanted more Legolas and Guthwyn interaction...though the scraps you threw us were delicious (Sorry, I've been marathon watching Chopped and I'm thinking in food metaphors haha).

The dress idea *dies* I really wish I could envision it in my mind more. You have to write Legolas' pov when he first sees her (pretty please? With a cherry on top?)

I have a feeling this party is going to have some serious ish going down. You've been building us up slowly but surely towards it.

Hammel! I'm as clueless as Guthwyn is as to why he'd such a bitter rude git...you make him so cryptic. I mean even if he understood what she had done back in the camp with the Legolas look-alike (I've forgotten his name for the moment...Haldor? T-T ), he should appreciate her sacrifices, not look down on her. Him thinking she's week and naive makes more sense, and that's more than a little priggish but some people look down on others who aren't as learned or quick to understand. Still the extent of his hatred seems to intense for it to have such a simple explanation. I'd love a flashback in his pov to their time in Mordor. Might bring a little light to the situation.

Ai. I am very much looking forward to the next installment. I eagerly swallow them up with gusto (again with the food metaphors...)

-hugs- Hope to see more soon dear!

DFC-Liz
Midknight911 chapter 98 . 10/11/2014
Legolas is really being SUPER obvious right now. I swear if Gúthwyn were any less oblivious she would have realized by now, currently she may be the only one that doesn't know. I'm really excited to see more of Elfwine, he is just the cutest thing! I miss the old Hammel so much, back then he was still quiet but he was still a sweetie. I always dislike when Éowyn tries to guilt Gúthwyn into wearing white, I believe she will wear it when she is ready. Yay some more Cobryn and flustered no less, so cute. Can't wait to see Leggy and Elfwine's reactions to Gúthwyn's outfit. Can't believe you left us at such a cliffhanger :P. Anyways can't wait for your next chapter, it looks like it will be quite a chapter from the build up.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 98 . 10/11/2014
Update immediately, please!
funnygirl00 chapter 98 . 10/11/2014
NOOOOOOO! It CANNOT end right here! I must know what happens at the banquet. I must know how Legolas reacts. But...I shall attempt to live until your next chapter. Great job!
funnygirl00 chapter 97 . 9/24/2014
I cannot believe I missed this update, but I've read it and I enjoyed it. I'm glad Haiweth isn't as horrid as her brother. I was hoping for some Legolas moments, as you've written him best of all the writers I've read on here. You're great with remaining true to the characters. But I'm assuming that the reason Legolas isn't here yet is because you've got something special planned for him. Thank you so much for updating and i'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Kiiimberly chapter 97 . 9/24/2014
Thanks for updating anolinde, I enjoyed this. I hope Haiweth doesn't start blaming Guthwyn for the way she's being treated. How old is Elfwine now? He seems pretty intelligent. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 97 . 9/23/2014
mmm I HAVE been wondering about Framwine. Of course, she's been hurt recently...but you haven't really written her passion for sword fighting recently. I hope she goes back to it (kicks Legolas' ass maybe haha)

DFC
Guest chapter 97 . 9/21/2014
This is one of those chapters that makes a reader feel as if the start of some very important character development is taking place. I really just adore Elfwine, and how he looks up to Legolas like he does. It's funny how he's actually serving as the voice of reason. I guess it was only a matter of time before the rumors and gossip finally became more apparent to Haiweth. I feel that in this chapter, the fears Guthwyn had of her past effecting her children and those she holds dear in a negative light are not necessarily coming true. Elfwine seems to understands that Eomer may be treating his mother unfairly, although she did harm Guthwyn in a vile way, but he doesn't seem to be influenced by his father's behavior in a bad way. And Haiweth still manages to hold her head up when it comes to standing in the scrutiny of the public eye, and silently cheer for her because it, because I know what it's like to be judge for mediocre reasons. I greatly anticipate the meeting between Elfwine and Thranduil also, it should be very interesting!
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
You have no idea how happy I was when I got a notification from my emails telling me you had posted a new chapter. I have now read this chapter a total of five times and I love it! I swear, if you ever write a book, tell me.

Constructive Criticism... I have none, as always.

Characters... I was to see Legolas! I have this strange feeling inside of me... oh yes. That's love. Because you have created the best Legolas yet.

I... I cannot leave, nor formulate a well-written response. I am incredibly heart-broken about Guthwyn's lack of desire to wield her sword and I cannot wait for the next chapter.

With great admiration,
Larien Larry Arnatuile

Also I apologize for the lack of reviews on each chapter. I am actually getting many requests for reviews that it's difficult to keep up with my voluntary ones. But I do not mind with this fanfiction. It's the best I have ever read, and I love seeing how much your writing has improved from... well a while ago.
Midknight911 chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
Aw. I miss Gúthwyn wielding her sword. I just realized theatrical there have been very little of them. I hope she gets back out there because her fighting skills are one of the reasons she is one of my favorite characters.
I like how Haiweth was portrayed in this chapter. She was concerned with court life without seeming superficial.
I miss Cobryn, I hope there is a chapter with him and Gúthwyn or Legolas sometime soon.
Well thank you for the lovely chapter, as always, and I am waiting anxiously for the next wonderful installment.
593 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »