Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
Midknight911 chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
Aw. I miss Gúthwyn wielding her sword. I just realized theatrical there have been very little of them. I hope she gets back out there because her fighting skills are one of the reasons she is one of my favorite characters.
I like how Haiweth was portrayed in this chapter. She was concerned with court life without seeming superficial.
I miss Cobryn, I hope there is a chapter with him and Gúthwyn or Legolas sometime soon.
Well thank you for the lovely chapter, as always, and I am waiting anxiously for the next wonderful installment.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 97 . 9/20/2014
Update immediately, please!
Brynhilda chapter 96 . 9/5/2014
I would give treasures to know what Cobryn and Legolas said to each other during Guthwyn's absence ;-)
Kiiimberly chapter 96 . 9/3/2014
Thank you for updating anolinde! I'm really tired of the way the children treat Guthwyn. It's pretty sad how ungrateful they are. As for Gutwyn, she's a little bit clueless when it comes to Legolas! They aren't JUST friends... Anyways, looking forward to the next one.
Heartly chapter 96 . 9/3/2014
Jesus... poor Guthwyn seems like she can never catch a break! It is a really good story though and as such I am enjoying it a lot. I am a little confused about Hammel's anger. His cruelty to Guthwyn is almost unbearable now! Will the next chapters start to deal with this anger? It is so hard to watch Guthwyn struggle with him and with Haiweth. I am enjoying your story so much. Please please write more soon! The anticipation is killing me!
Midknight911 chapter 96 . 9/1/2014
Another wonderful chapter. I know some people are concerned with the pace but I know you will get to things in your own time and since I am not the author I do not know which moments are important to the story. Though there is one thing I have been missing lately, Cobryn with Gúthwyn. He hasn't really shown up in any big scenes with her. I really miss when they interact.
It feels like an explosion is about to happen with the tension between Gúthwyn, Cobryn, and the children. It will be quite the event and hopefully won't happen in public.
Can't wait for the next installment in my favorite series.
gginsc chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Guthwyn is a bit stupid! These brats are so ungrateful! She should have given them away!
neFaerieous chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Well. Well! Well, my. That girl. Haiweth certainly is a teenager. And Hammel is a sociopath (unsurprisingly). And Our Favorite Couple walks a very tricky line that they have all but crossed.

If you updated daily I would still clamor for more. Update notifications in my inbox are the highlight of my account's week!
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Out of the mouths of babes! Ohho. Guthwyn is so oblivious, it really is one of her most fatal flaws. At least Legolas knows himself a little better. I still wonder about his motives though, since you rarely write from his pov

"It really is obvious once you start to notice it" theme of the chapter XD

I hadn't expected an update so soon! I'm super happy, I've had a tough week and reading your work is always a welcome thing.

DFC
NightLie chapter 96 . 8/31/2014
Hi

I've been reading your story for a while now and want to tell you how much I enjoy every one of your updates!
I also like to re-read your stories once in while, though I find anything before Guthwyn being sent out to Rivendell too harrowing to repeat.
Thanks for taking the time to let the characters breathe. There are few stories which allow their characters to live the way they do in your stories and, eager though I am to find out what happens next, I am content to wait for the plot to advance when it wills.

Thanks again, and update soon,
NightLie
funnygirl00 chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
Ahh, finally, Guthwyn is realizing that there may be something there after all. Thank you so much for updating this story. I was just watching LOTR but had to call it a night right after Legolas killed the oliphaunt. Update soon!
Fineas chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
I gotta say, Guthwyn is pissing me off now. Why does she, and everyone else in the story have such problems with communication? Every single fight and conflict are based on misunderstandings and miscommunication. If people just started telling each other the truth and stopped interrupting each other in the middle of conversations, maybe the story would flow better and we can move on to more interesting plot points.
Also, are Haiweth and Hammel actually stupid enough to think that Legolas and that other dude are the same person? And how has Hammel been mad at Guthwyn for the same reason for the past 10 years?
ZabuzasGirl chapter 96 . 8/30/2014
Update immediately, please!
Larien Larry Arnatuile chapter 69 . 8/29/2014
Just a quick review, and it's not even on this chapter alone: I thought that only Elves went to the Halls of Mandos. And humans didn't use phrases like "Thank the Valar" unless they were raised or close to Elves.

I alway thought that Eru and the Valar, while watched over the Men as well as all Races of Middle-Earth were believed in only by the Elves. I understand that Orome is believed in, referred to as Bema but I assumed that "Orome" and the "Valar" were exclusively Elvish due to their Elvish names and Men merely referred to them as the Gods, not by their Elvish names. I may be wrong but that's the impression I gained from reading the books.

Also with the Hall of Mandos: the Halls of Mandos are located within the Undying Lands (I have a map of the Undying Lands on my wall) and only those who have been given a Token from an Elf (such as Gimli with Galadriel's 3 hairs) or who have been touched by immortality (such as Frodo, Bilbo and Sam) may go there to rest peacefully and the rest just die.

Again, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am.
jingle-bitch chapter 95 . 8/21/2014
I started reading your Guthwyn story on Monday and already I'm at the last available chapter! I simply love the story and the characters. The development and recovery of Guthwyn is, mayhaps full at times, but very realistic.
I adore how you started with Legal as and now, because of that, he understands her more than any other suitor and knows what she needs.

Keep on the good work.