Reviews for The Lady's War and the Gentleman's Engagement
ZabuzasGirl chapter 114 . 12/7/2015
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Sage94 chapter 113 . 12/7/2015
Yes! Just read the last 3 chapters in a row! So excited about your frequent story updates. Take care, and thank you
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 113 . 12/6/2015
Ah and that's the sound of the other shoe dropping haha XD

But though I was expecting it, I still enjoyed the reading :) I really do hope that they'll get together soon. I also hope Guthwyn will throw herself back in to fighting and swordplay soon ;) Maybe to help fight the corsairs?

Liz
neFaerieous chapter 113 . 12/6/2015
Not cool man. Not cool. (But wonderfully written.)
Zip001 chapter 113 . 12/6/2015
I can write a lot about how well crafted this chapter is - from the opening autumn scene with Guthwyn despondently reading a boring book about the Corsairs to Elboron, unable to keep her eyes open to the end where she is thinking of Elfwine hoping that nothing happens to Eomer against the battle with the Corsairs - such perfect symmetry and foreshadowing! I loved that both scenes have her beloved nephews either in her arms or in her thoughts - and that despite her heartache in her belief that she has no future with Legolas that her unselfish love for others - Cobryn who lost his wife and unborn son and Elfwine whose father is going to battle - overpowers or overcomes (not sure if right word) such thoughts. She is always selfless (and unfortunately oblivious) and puts others (those she loves with all of her heart) over herself and fights for them time and time again. It is this selflessness/fighting spirit that Thranduil should identify with and appreciate as they really are the most important characteristics of a good leader - one who thinks of the wellbeing of one's people and one who is willing to fight for them (of course, the biggest hurdle is for Guthwyn to identify with the elves and think of the colonists as her people - smile).

Goodness - for Legolas, one more horrible event! How he could not breathe as his dreams were dashed (sob!). But yet like Guthwyn, he thinks of her happiness - believing that she could be happy with Cobryn, living in Rohan, and being with someone who would treat with respect and who she also respects. It is both so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.

This kills me - I can't see any happy ending for all three of them. Cobryn deserves happiness - he too is a victim. They all do.

And I think many forget the traumas Guthwyn faced as a child - physical, emotional, sexual abuses by her tormentors followed by the disapproval of others calling her a whore. I think it speaks to the bigness of her heart (as well as the kindness and understanding of Legolas) that she is able to be friends with Legolas.
Ysmira chapter 113 . 12/6/2015
Stupid, stupid coicidence! I knew Leg will hear them talking the moment Guthwyn mentioned a child. I am wondering, will Guthwyn moove to battle or become somehow engage in this war? That would be very interesting!
Kiiimberly chapter 113 . 12/5/2015
Thanks for the update anolinde. Wow what a moment to overhear a conversation. I hope this gets worked out soon..
Elfwine chapter 113 . 12/5/2015
Ugh, I just knew it! And of course, the pirates started all this upheaval! Dammed pirates!

Anyway... Yeah... This was pure torture. I'm feeling awfully bad for Cobryn right now. If he doesn't end up with Guthwyn, then I hope he finds happiness in another. I know he'll probably never move on from his wife's death, but gee, if someone is in need of a happy ending, it's that guy.

And I just can't talk about Legolas right now. Poor pup. I'm just hoping that little cover up of his comes back around and is overheard by Guthwyn, because, I'm thinking that might be the only way for her to find out about his feelings, unless some one crams the obvious in her face some other way.

Or, Eowyn needs to find out from Legolas. Actually, anyone could spill the beans to these two. Seeing as, everyone knows about their feelings for one another. I'm calling this, the "Zax Situation". Also, I'm curious to see if Guthwyn will attempt to play a part in the war to come...

Thanks for this beautifully tragic scenario btw! Your updates always make my day! I'm gonna finish drowning in my tears now.
Pineapple3000 chapter 113 . 12/5/2015
GOD DAMMIT. I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. DAMMIT. FRICKIN' LEGOLAS FRICKIN' COBRYN FRICKIN' GUTHWYN. FRICKIN' NOT COMMUNICATING. GOD DAMMIT. THIS IS MORE FRUSTRATING THAN NAILS ON A BLACK BOARD. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!
omgitsalexmarie chapter 113 . 12/5/2015
NOOOOO. Poor Legolas. But you told us to hang in until Christmas so I'm confident that you'll make everything right in the end. Can't wait for the next!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 113 . 12/5/2015
Wow! You are on a roll! Keep it up!
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
neFaerieous chapter 112 . 12/5/2015
You realize I was screaming at my phone the entire chapter? People in the store were quite concerned. I am quite concerned. What fresh hell have you in store for your faithful readers?! I so badly wanted this to end in some dreamy Legolas confession and Gúthwyn's overly joyed...well drat. And he is and elf. And it is Gúthwyn. Argh!
Zip001 chapter 112 . 12/4/2015
I am still shaken from Legolas' argument with his father (with his father throwing the "guilt" card); and Raniean's confrontation was very painful - always difficult to see a long and close friendship come to an end - as well as scary (Raniean's rage is so explosive that I can't help but be worried about whether he would try to hurt or even kill her and in his attempt, somehow gravely hurting Legolas).

As I was rereading this chapter, I again am impressed by Trelan and his understanding of Legolas. He did not express any shock about Legolas' plans to wed Guthwyn (as he knows where Legolas' heart lies) but only show that his father effectively disinherited him.

What was so painful was the hurt that she felt - about what she wants (a future with Legolas and their future babes) and what she feels she can never have. I felt my heart and throat constricting as her total misunderstanding of Legolas' feelings and intentions toward her spiraled into such abject misery. Poor Guthwyn!
Kiiimberly chapter 112 . 12/3/2015
Oh man, hope they have that conversation soon. Looking forward to the next one!
Ysmira chapter 112 . 12/3/2015
Why Leg is waiting so long? Errr! Im starting to think that Gimli will sooner propose to her, before Leg finds his voice.
769 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »