Reviews for Scenes
ilovemanicures chapter 4 . 1/10/2012
I freaking loved reading this! lol

I loved how Seto got jealous of Mahod' dedication to protect Yami. And the fact that Yami was out in the yard still in his lounge pants -With out a shirt to go with it - only made the scene more amusing xD

I honestly really like the Doomshipping? I think it's called? Anyway, like you said, not all relationships are built on romance. Sometimes all you really need is a lending hand and a supportive shoulder to cry on. The fact that all three of these guys fit the bill for one another shows greatly when you write them ;)

As for Shizuka working for Kaiba Corp. I couldn't be more happy. I seriously can only imagine Jou' reaction lol I liked reading her inner monolog as well. Reading her opinion on the Kaiba family -which includes Yami in my book- was really interesting. It's hard having so many characters in one story because it's tough finding the right time to shed some spot light on 'em, but to be honest I think you do it rather well :D

Isono on a blind date? Why hasn't anyone else thought of writing that! lol It was so funny imagining him in that kind of setting. I think you wrote him perfectly and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on why he's so loyal to the Kaiba family and why he loves his job so much.

Thanks for sharing this, your thoughts/opinions are really interesting to read ;D
Nenya85 chapter 4 . 6/5/2011
I really like the way you’re describing the most awkward date ever – but at the same time it’s really sweet. Isono’s basic quiet decency comes through, both in the flashback and in the date itself. It’s funny, it’s a little sad because, sappy romantic that I am, I’d like him to meet someone, but you get the feeling here that going on the date helped him clarify some things in his own mind, like that he really does feel “married” to Kaiba Corporation. (Of course I’m secretly rooting for Isono/Croque, because just imagine the pillow talk when the discuss their respective bosses - just kidding, kind of…

I liked the back story with him and Seto, and that what really made him stick up for Seto was just how unsurprised he was by Gozaburo’s treatment. The touch with the dog collar was cool, too. I also liked the way Seto never addressed it directly when offering Isono a job. You get the feeling he remembered everything, but he never said so. It would explain why he left Isono out of Death-T though – he had a very good idea that Isono wouldn’t accept it, and also, I wonder if part of him didn’t want to disappoint what might have been the only adult who ever stuck up for him.
dragonlady222 chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
Too bad he is married to his job. She seemed like a good match. He defended Seto when he couldn't defen himself and was suitably rewarded, twice when he defended Yami.
Nenya85 chapter 3 . 5/7/2011
Ack! Sorry for the late review.

I get so caught up in seeing the group at the mansion from their own perspective that it was really interesting to get an outsider’s take on it – and I like the fact that even though she’s been going to their house for years at this point, Shizuka still feels like an outsider in the sense that she doesn’t know Seto well – and that really says a lot about how aloof and unapproachable he still is even after everything.

One thing I’ve always enjoyed about your stories is how visual they are – you’ll describe things sometimes so clearly that I can see them – and I really liked the tableau of Seto, flanked by Noa and Mokuba with Yami leaning on the desk like he owns it. I also like the way he gave a little nod and Shizuka wondered what passed between them.

Shizuka herself was charming – nice and ordinary with a touch of humor. Her voice made a nice addition.
dragonlady222 chapter 3 . 4/28/2011
I'm glad she got the job. Joey is an idiot sometimes and can't see the bigger picture. Shizuka can handle him though and she will.
Dreadful Virtue chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
I think you already wrote it down nicely - when you explained how their relationship worked. Imo they always had a bond between them and cared, even though they did not always seem to show it. The only one who really did not fit into their "relationship" at all was Mai.

Anyway - I really enjoy your your stories [you even make me like Puzzleshipping, even though I am usually not a fan of it (:]. I hope to read more of you in the future.
XoPoorGirloX chapter 2 . 4/7/2011
Aw. Poor Amelda. I feel really bad for the guy. Hopefully things get better for him soon. ):

I do like how Valon went looking for him, even though he had forgotten what day it was. That normally happens to me and I get yelled at for missing important days. .
Nenya85 chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
I really like the tone of this. There’s a real sense that Amelda has long since ceased to care what happens to him – and maybe feels guilty for being alive when Miroku is dead. The funny thing is Amelda probably knows as well as Valon that Miroku wouldn’t want this for him, but he really can’t see past his own loss. I also like how, in a way, when he was trying to get revenge at least he had something to focus on – he reminds me of Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin in that – but now that that’s gone, he’s not sure what’s left and whether he has the energy to find out.

Valon is usually the sort of easy-going one, but it’s nice to see here how there’s a real sense of loyalty, caring and responsibility.

One thing I do like is that the story raises the possibility that for these three companionship and trust may be more relevant than whether they are colloquially speaking, in love.
dragonlady222 chapter 2 . 4/4/2011
I think they have a very dysfunctional relationship but it works for them. I'm glad he found him and kept him safe.
Nenya85 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011

There was something really sweet about the way Kaiba can't let Yami go. It's funny but also a little bittersweet because it's a reminder of how many losses he's had.

I like the way you've founded modern jobs for Mahaado and Mana that sort of seem to fit with their AE characters.
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I'm glad that the person was stopped quickly. Mahad seems very capable and Seto's jealousy is quite funny. Yami would never cheat on him.
gracefulmiracle chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I loved it even though it is just the beginning I find it soo interesting i want to know what wil happen with mahad thought it was so damn funny while i was reading and out of nowhere mahad appears "mmmm blahblah mahad?...WHAT? LMAO! OMG I WANTTO KNOW SETO'S REACTION ABOUT THIS! ROFL" and then Seto is all jealous about him and I had to laugh even harder! EPIC! love when seto's been jealous. Lmao.
XoPoorGirloX chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Yay! you are somewhat back! Haha. This story did humor me. Mainly about Kuriboh and KUribon chasing the intruder. Haha. Go attack ponies go! (: Seto's jealousy returns! I wonder if Mahado does like YAmi or if it is just an Ancient Egypt thing. HM... The world may never know...
sherabo chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I've been away for awhile and its always a pleasure to return and find you've posted a new story. I think its going to be interesting that you've pulled so many new faces in and I will be interested in their role as this moves forward. Seto's passion for Yami is so unwaving and amusing at the same time. Great writing ! Yami's insite into his feelings goes beyond the norm and it's wishful thinking for us all. Damn to find a hubby that understands lol. Is that the definition of SOUL MATE I wonder...