Reviews for The Adventures of Kotohime
I've read this four times in as many months and I keep finding new things to love. This man is the Mark Twain of our generation.
Awesome new addition!
I always look forward to this yearly update. It did not disappoint
As great as always
It was somewhat of surprise that Rikako was heroine of this one but it wasn't a bad surprise
For Spite chapter 9 . 1/1
Well, this chapter was a lot of fun. Nice mix of action, humor, and suspense. I never played the PC-98 games, but I know of them and I was able to follow along quite easily. I figured Noriko was someone whose face would be recognized if she removed her helmet, but I didn't pick Kotohime. In retrospect, her familiarity with anti-delusion drugs should have been a big clue.

And it's interesting to see you're going with the time-loop explanation for Yukari/Marribel. Although, there might have been hints of that before, in previous chapters, it's been a while since I read them.
DeathbyDERP chapter 9 . 1/1
Absolutely loved the new chapter! Your Kotohime never fails to make me laugh.

I also really loved the way you portrayed Ellen. If you wrote a story following her daily life it would be amazing.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 8 . 8/11/2015
Aww, and here I was hoping that they got hit by the boat. Would have been funny. But then, you were expecting that, weren't you?

I quite enjoyed everything about this chapter; from the start, to the finish, it was entertaining. I especially enjoyed Meira's slow descent into madness!
For Spite chapter 8 . 8/7/2015
Every time this updates, I'm overjoyed.

You did a good job showing Meira's slow descent into being controlled by her sword. Nice way to reuse the boat gag from last chapter, too.

The wackiness of Kotohime is so reliably excellent that I almost didn't mention it. She may not have solved the incident directly, but it was nice to see what other madness is going on during one of these.

Reimu proposed to Meira? That seems like it would have been a useful way to get some of those Hakurei secrets. She's probably just overly sensitive about possibly being mistaken for a man. And possibly too honorable.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 7 . 8/2/2015
Ohh dear... That was a masterful 'stinger' as you put it. I mean, honestly, I suppose that an I Love Lucy joke could be made.

Nitori very narrowly avoided going 'bang, zoom, right to the moon'!

Although, her survival would be questionable. Where as the other invaders were able to breathe and such thanks to believing they could, I have to wonder if she would know too much.

Not in the sense of 'I have to kill you for knowing too much', but in the sense of not having that immunity.

...Could that be why Reimu and Marisa survived Utsuho's stars? They didn't believe they were so hot that they would vaporize them? I'll have to consider that theory when the time comes! To the notes!

I look forward to reading more of this soon.
mdman1 chapter 8 . 7/26/2015
Reika... I see what you did there. Can't wait to see how that thread plays out and the backstory behind it.

Another awesome tale! Truly one of the hidden gems of this site. One of the most humorous too. Please continue writing these great stories whenever you have the muse. I very much look forward to future instalments.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 6 . 7/21/2015
Well, that happened. I honestly was shocked from start to finish. You wouldn't happen to have Kogasa as a co-writer, would you? It was a good shock. And then the ultimate shock of having my favorite daemons show up! I was just running with 'it's Kotohime' on why everything was strange. Team Nemesis was fantastic, though. Everything I wanted and more!
Sonanoka21093 chapter 5 . 7/8/2015
That was the best chapter yet! It took me till the dining room confrontation to see just where it was going... and then I just plain got it wrong. XD Everyone probably thought it was Mima, but you really pulled the wool over their eyes! I honestly forgot about the whole Genji in the pond, thing.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 4 . 6/23/2015
My, that was absolutely fantastic! I've been slowly working my way through this chapter in my "free" time. And by "free" time, I mean when I'm not busy with other projects and what not.

Digressing.

I rather liked the dragon, to be honest. It was quite creative, and I also enjoyed the way that Kotohime treated it like a boss fight.

Also, I rather enjoyed the way she tricked Sakuya. Very creative, and I could honestly see canon Sakuya making such a mistake.
BoxCannonMan chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
Probably the best Kotohime-centered story I've read. She just landed a new spot in my favorite Touhou characters after Meiling.
WodofGar chapter 6 . 5/18/2015