Reviews for Two Sides of the Coin
Absolutely beautiful! You hit the nail on the head with this one! I love their friendship, but I can also feel their pain, having to love each other at a distance, in order to avoid destroying their friendship. I miss this show so much! I watch it over and over again on NETFLIX. I wish so much that FOX would re-launch the show. Just reading all the fan fiction stories helped me to see the endless possibility their relationship could have taken! Great job with this one. I'm going to read more...
csiAngel chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
I think I recall being unable to review this here. Pretty sure I reviewed by some other means. But, anyway, excellent excuse to read it again and I love everything he says in this second chapter. Of course he wouldn't want to give up loving Gillian. I like the last paragraph, about her knowing. But it saddens me a little to think he thinks she doesn't share his feelings. Aww.

So, how about Gillian's POv now, yes? ;)
sash queen of the jungle chapter 2 . 4/28/2011
Unrequited love indeed. There is callian love I am sure. Thanks for writing.
Starbuck0322 chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
My heart was so heavy while reading this. This chapter is so beautiful and lyrical and perfectly exemplifies what could very well be going through Cal's mind during the course of the show. "Loving Gillian Foster could never be a waste; not when it brings him so much joy to be close to her, to know her, to sometimes be the reason she smiles or laughs." - That! Right there.
CharlieBravo chapter 2 . 4/18/2011
This chapter is almost lyrical. I love how easily it flows.

"And if loving her from afar with a heart that will always be half broken is all he has, he'll happily spend a lifetime that way." - This is where you broke my heart. Just a little. So beautifully written!

"She may not love him, but she lets him love her. And that's more than he could have ever hoped for." - I can't even... The simplicity of these sentences - so clean, no frills - make the raging tumult of emotions that hit you when reading it so much harder to bare. Wonderfully crafted!
nikkidog chapter 2 . 4/18/2011
Wow that is ANGST! Greta writing and I have my fingers crossed for S4 so they can prove you wrong ;)
Tomellie chapter 2 . 4/18/2011
Oh this is so sad :( I have tears in my eyes right now. Poor Cal. It must be so hard to be in love with someone so beautiful and perfect and to be around her 24/7. Buuut one day he will tell her and she will say she loves him too (because she does) and all will be good! Right? Beautiful piece :)
divakat chapter 2 . 4/17/2011
Awww...Now I am sad Kat and I want to comfort Cal and make him love ME! Not that I could ever hold a candle to Gillian. *sigh*
HughSoSexy chapter 2 . 4/17/2011
How heart-wrenching!

I love this line:

"She may not love him, but she lets him love her."
csiAngel chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Aww, poor Cal. I like the idea here: close, but not close enough; the daily torture he must go through :( But I am inclined to tell him to man up! He gets to see Gillian every day, that's worth whatever pain he feels times ten! ;)

Now, seriously, I like this piece. I look forward to reading part 2 :)
DNAisUnique chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Beautiful. Angsty. Perfect.

So close, yet so far away.

You really captured who he is and what drives him.

Nice work.
CharlieBravo chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
The emotion you expressed and the way you did it - beautifully done! Your writing feels effortless and creates such a natural flow. Reading your story felt like having a conversation with an old friend:)
tinlizzie82 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Aw, so sad but also sweet. And so deluded on Cal's part ... but he really is isn't he?
Realityandthought chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Really interesting point of view to express Cal's feelings :)
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
"That he doesn't notice the smell of her perfume whenever he walks into a room that she's vacated, doesn't feel the smile slip from his face as soon as she turns to walk away, doesn't curse his inadequacy every time he is the reason for her worry or, god forbid, her tears. Or that it doesn't kill him every time he has to see her with another man."

"everything about not being with her makes him wish he wasn't in this position: close, but not close enough."

"he wishes he wasn't her best friend, who loves her so fiercely without ever saying a word. He wishes he were at a safer distance, where he didn't know her well enough for the pain to clench so tightly. To catch just a glimpse of her, instead of being so close to what he can never have"

pretty much the whole thing, as usual, made my callian day... 2 words for u: 'incredibly moving'

i feel for him when i look at his POV in this killer way.