Reviews for Gungnir and Zantetsuken
Cam277 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This was brilliant :) I really love this pairing though I found Kain a tad ooc nevertheless it made the oneshot sweet and I was all kinda mushy on the inside for a bit. My favorite phrase was "beautiful-if not ill tempered" couldn't have described Lightning better :D

In short - I loved this story, and the writing style too.

Stay awesome!
That Dastard Cerberus chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I finally got to look at this story, and after reading this, I'll say this: WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE A ONE-SHOT?

Lol, my reason for asking this? It's got so much potential that it's begging to be made into a multi-chapter story. I know you did this so your buddy wouldn't have to beg for the story to be complete, but you should think of adapting this into a mult-chapter story.

Light's POV could have also been expanded upon. Let's get into that crazy, ill-tempered woman's noodle, shall we? It be interesting on what went through her head when Kain confessed (like you did in Snow Daze).

Your OCs were well used, not out of place at all. Wish I knew who done those jerks in, though. . . ;)

I like the title. Very clever. Although maybe so more mentioning of Odin since he's an obvious figure in both of their lives? Just a thought.

All in all, for a one-shot, good job!
261 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
love it so much..
Elven Nite chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
So...hi again! :p

You probably already know this...but this is really good. I really feel like I'm in Kain's position, gettting to know this stranger, and as the story progresses I feel like I already do. I also like how it's not immediately love at first sight; it takes a while for them to come to terms with their emotions. It's also comforting to see Kain get his own sort of happy ending.

By the way, were the girls at the inn from the game? I'm just curious, since I heard a lot was cut in the DS version.

~Elven
hostilecrayon chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I always feel bad for Kain, so it's so nice to see him happy. These two work well together.
Reader chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Thank you for sharing. This is so well written, a delightful read. )
Happy chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Thank you for writing this fic. It's very good. Hope you write more ).
Niqsta chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Seeing as I'm just a 'rest', here's a review.

I've never read a fic with this pairing before, mainly because their interaction is new. But in an odd turn of events, they're pretty good together.

The oneshot was good, I liked how Kain felt alien in his own world and finds peace in Lightenings. I think the attention on fate was a good move; sometimes people focus on the bad so much they never see the blessings.

I think you could have expanded more on Light's POV and the penultimate scene. Maybe a development of how Light came to realise she did like him and also how they got back to Bodhum.

Other than that, pretty cool fic.

-Niqsta

P.s. What happened to Diyana - should have given a warning, it made me sad faced :(
Valentine'sNinja chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
SQUUUEEEEEEE! So much fluff! Thank you, Valk, I loved this fic. I'm kind of wondering how they got back though... but I'm good for now. I might have to write for this pairing, too, though it'll be Dissidia-verse. Anyway, I loved their journey and the ending so much. It was sweet. Also, I may just have to balance the sweetness with some angst writing of my own.:P Anyway, I'm really happy you wrote this for me, so thanks again. Talk later!