Reviews for The Intellectual Love Hypothesis
AMysteriousWoman711 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
I seem to have stumbled (quite happily) upon a story that is not only extremely satisfying and amazingly canon, but as luck would have it, has an ending that is very similar to my own BBT story.
But for one small difference-and I feel kinda sheepish about it-...yours is better than mine. ;o)
How's THAT for a compliment, eh? For your story points out exactly how I have always felt about Sheldon & Amy's relationship: It's totally weird to everyone else, but to them, it makes perfect sense. It works for them and only them. And that is how I hope it will stay on the show.
The seventh cat chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
I'm impressed. You have described their thoughts with great verity and complexity. Bravo.
pisquenta chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I think I love you!
Angelic Guardian chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Haha, wow, that was excellent. I just love Shamy and you captured the true 'love' between them perfectly here. I loved this line: 'He paused, laughing at his use of the word "smart" to describe himself. Their abilities went far beyond such a common word.' So Sheldon, haha.

Great job!
dreamkj chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Loved every word! :)
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Bazinga! Hahaha! That was fantastic :)
lulu halulu chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Lol, that was so awesome! And very in-character! :)
Bazinga187 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
That "Bazinga!" totally got me.

This is definitely one of the more realistic fanfictions I've read. Well written too. Good job :)
The New and Improved Batman chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Glad you're one of the few people to respect the fact that Sheldon is asexual, and that it is not something that is "fixed" by meeting the right person. As well as that you understand that passion and love can be experienced without sex in a relationship. Really pisses me off when I read fanfiction and it's all "Let's make them have sex to prove that they love eachother". Annoying as hell.

Though, while I think it's absolutely inarguable that Sheldon is asexual, he could very well be capable of being romantically interested in someone. But all we've been shown up until now is essentially him being aromantic. The relationship he has with Amy in the show is the only evidence that he is even capable of respecting someone, since he doesn't seem to care much for his friends and their intelligence in relation to his own. Plus, taking into account that the creators of the show acknowledge that Sheldon may actually have a romantic relationship, I think it's reasonable to believe he is capable of loving in a romantic and non-sexual fashion, even if he is very picky about it.
BetaReject chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Wow you've completely captured how I view this pairing so perfectly in this tale. So many people can't fathom these two being in a relationship that they can't see that they have something that is nothing like one would expect. They are both unusual people so why wouldn't their affections be off the beaten path to what society expects.

Great job with this!
WeBuiltThePyramids chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Wow, that was, if I may say so, brilliant! Especially this part.

"She had long through herself incapable of such a physical reaction until seeing Zach in the bar that night. Later on, when they were walking home, she had reached for Sheldon's hand to see if he elicited such a stimulus. When he failed to pique her body's interest, she chalked it up to a one-off reaction and mostly forgot about it. It was only now, when Sheldon was calling her very science into question, that she started to wonder if there was indeed more to this than superficial but innate physical response."

Just loved it, and that really makes sense. Shamy was perhaps a little more formal with each other then we've seen them recently, but honestly that totally makes sense, since they were discussing what is to them a confusing and serious topic, as they have not experienced passionate love. So seriously, write more Shamy, you're good at it!
Invader Rachel chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Cute! love amy an d sheldons weird love
Average Everyday Sane Psycho chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
great piece
LoveforPenandDerek chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
well done. I don't know if that study was real but you made it seem real to me.