Reviews for I Only Smoke When I'm With You
Dragonfire78 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I love war stories of camaraderie between people of opposing sides. There is just something about them that reminds me of the good in people, even during war time. You covered all the things I love about them in this story and that's what makes this so great! Amazing job!
Arista chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
This was a great story!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Is it weird that I immediately assumed this was based in WW1? And that Gilbert was German, not Prussian, and that Matthew had been brought up in England, despite being born in Canada? I don't even know what I was going off... The soldiers in WW1 did traditionally smoke, though. I think. I'm a geographer, not a historian, don't shoot me. (The irony...) Brilliant story, though. Loving Matthew's slight tsundere-ness.
Kalina chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
I love this. Fuck that. I freaking adore this. Not only is it well thought out and beautifully written, with an excellent plot and an amazing perspective, but it's also PruCan. I can really ask for no more. *hands you virtual love* You're awesome. I hate you.
P.S. 69 reviews broken. Mwahaha.
The Fields of Asphodel chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Thank you.
Bloody.techtonic.Knight chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
omfg this story was sooo amazing! and beautifully written too :) though I was wondering which country they'd be at in the end.. most likely not germany, but maybe canada? and gilbert haven told the canadian government as much as he knows so that he'd get a free ticket to canada? but then again that's the beauty of the ending. it leaves something to the imagination :)
I agree on why you never mentioned which side they where on, weither it was "losing" side or the "winning" side and how it gives the reader a slight idea of which war it was. for all we know it could be WW1 or WW2 or a futuristic war!
again great job on this amazing fic :)
keep up the awesome writting!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
I spent the whole day reading your stories, and now I simply have to review. This was amazing, to say the least. I actually noticed that you never really mentioned who was the "good" side and that you did that on purpose made me ridiculously happy, somehow.I think you just turned into my second favourite PruCan artist, because really, I could FEEL the horror of this war they were fighting and just akbrskleopbshtyu I will read some sugary fluff now
p.s. Agh I hope that was understandable
Guest 00 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I just wanna hug you and your brilliant mind until it explodes! I am in love with your writing style and just when I think I've found my favorite story by you, i read another and can't seem to decide! Continue writing, it is truly your calling. ."
damtoti chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
I really, really, really like this story too. I like wartime setting stories, and also stories that are made up of short visits over a period of time. I don't know how to explain it, but I just loved the overall mood of this fic. It wasn't forcingly emotional in that way where they try too hard to play with the reader's emotions, such as making it overly angsty when it doesn't need to be. I felt like they were close enough in character. Oh, and nice writing and grammar.

It had some really good story ideas for just being short visits too. Wow, I think my favorite part was where Gilbert saved him by pulling him away from the camp.
appletree98 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Wow, this story is amazing. I love the romance between opposing sides, and I appreciate the understanding you hold about the complexities of war and conflict. This might be my favorite of all your stories.
SkyGem chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This was so cute! I adored it, just like all the rest, but halfway through this, I realized that if you ever decided to a deathfic, I wouldn't even see it coming because I'm just blindly reading all your PruCan fics, barely glancing at the summaries because I know that no matter what, I'll end up loving it, because you wrote it, and your PruCan fics are amazing. I'll probably go back and read the other non PruCan fics eventually as well, but for now, I just wanna read these two amazing guys. Anyways, Imma have to go somewhere now, but worry not, author-san! I will continue stalking you when I return home! Keep being awesome!
And The World Turned chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Gorgeous. Its raw and honest. I love it.
i-Spit-on-Fire chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Irhcfytegk so cute!
Darkfoot chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I just...I love this. It is possibly my favourite story on Fanfiction Archive. I cant find words to describe my feeling for this piece. Its just too amazing
YeahYouWannaKnowMyName chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Ooh, from your authors note, looks like I now have to look for a certain story from Gilberts POV... In the morning, though. It's 4am, time for me to turn in. Keep up with these awesome stories, alright mate?