Reviews for Edge of Reason
TheMidnightPoet chapter 6 . 12/2/2014
This is so interesting! I love how you've portrayed the characters, you've done an amazing job! I was wondering if you could do a bit more with Tommy, cause it seems like sometimes he's kind of overlooked by everybody.
Deadpoolfan chapter 6 . 10/7/2012
I thought it was a great chapter can't wait to see the next one although I think that Cassie's step dad problems should have been addressed more and I am looking forward to seeing how you adress the twins family matters
femaleWiccan chapter 6 . 8/31/2012
This is great! Please update soon! Please don't have forgotton about this story.
Diclonious57 chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
I wish vision had shared his feelings about iron lad in the comics
Rosalia13 chapter 6 . 6/29/2012
The only thing I can think of to mention is the time Tommy spent in juvie, getting tortured and turned into a weapon. Obviously he has major issues, and a fic I read mentioned a bar code tattoo/brand/thing. Another touched on cutting open his head and messing with the parts of his brain that control morality and his conscience, and that his hair hides the scars from it. He's my favorite character, with Billy in a close second, so I'd just love to see more of his real /issues/, you know? I'm a big fan of angst. In fact, if you could maybe possibly do it in the family session with Billy, it would be AMAZING! But do what you feel works best, I'm in love with this story and concept either way. Have a great day and keep writing-V12
slatedfox chapter 6 . 5/31/2012
I just found this and I love it. Kinda disappointed that Teddy was done yet. I am 200% Billy and Teddy fan. So I think u can understand why I wanted to read his. I also cannot wait to read Teddy and Billy's session: hopefully she finds out that they are a heathly well rounded couple. I also cannot wait to read Tommy and Billy's session as well. I think that would be awesome. I hope u will continue. Think itos a great story
MissAdventurer chapter 6 . 12/29/2011
Great story. I'm interested to see what you've deduced about the others, and what you have planned.

I've only read a few of the comics because I read about Kate Bishop on and Wikipedia. (I'm a fan of the original Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (I read his current comics a lot more) so I heard about this Hawkeye and read a bit about her and the Young Avengers, didn't get in depth about the others).

So one idea I had for Kate (cut me some slack like I said I don't read many Young Avenger comics) is she feels like she's living in the shadow of the original Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Like I said too, I read the newest comics, so he's back to being Hawkeye after that one fight/battle/war maybe, He tells her to keep the same, even if he's gone back to it.) Or like natural insecurity. She's the only one without powers and has to rely on only natural abilities to fight, and she shares the same name with a well-known, main-stay Avenger.

Well, that's it. Looking found to reading the next chapter. Please Update Soon!
Ellethwen Celtica chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
Wow, I had actually forgotten about this story. Thanks for updating, and don't worry too much about taking forever to update. I do the same thing, and while I'm pretty sure it annoys my readers, I can't help it. I'm not very good at writing middles.

Interesting sessions, although I have a question. Doesn't this shrink chick need time in between sessions to reflect on each of the kids, or is it one of her talents to just go through them all and write things up in the evening, or is she just really fast? Dunno, just a thought.

Ellethwen
Eaglator23 chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
Can anyone tell me what happened in the civil war?
Char-chan chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
very interesting so far! I actually enjoy the way this Gytha lady brings about these topics in each of the kids. ;)
Yurisbloom911 chapter 5 . 6/27/2011
First off I would like to comment on how awesome this is for a few reasons. You portray the characters so well, they all seem so astonishingly in character, your writing style is really easy to read which is always a relief since so people have a lot of difficulty in writing, and I enjoy your OC, she seems a quite developed character. I can't wait o see more of her.

For Teddy I think that one of his problems would be that he's half Kree, half Skrull, along with the whole unifying of his people. There is also his Daddy issues with Captain Marvel.
abc chapter 5 . 6/25/2011
The English language still confuses me. English is my second language

for english not being your native language- your story reads easy to understand. i would not have known had i not read it in your authors notes. so good job and all- i have difficulty writing in english and it's my native language- couldn't imagine writing in another language- it's even more difficult than speaking another language.

Transmigration of souls, stated in ACC #1. Which means that instead of having two sets of DNA the two of them have as many as three? You obviously did not understand this story, nor did you read it or the comic book for that matter very carefully.

i can understand the transmigration of souls theory- but souls don't have dna. billy was born biologically from his current human parents- so those should be the only dna he carries. unless you're saying that his dna was magically reconfigured- i suppose that could happen in comic book world.

I just added a bit on the new concept of an android having feelings. There is really nothing to draw from that

star trek the next generation, was on tv for many years. the character of data was an android- always trying to be human. justice league and young justice has red tornado- he's an android who also tries to be more human. in one episode of a batman cartoon- he even made a child android to have a son. batman the brave and the bold cartoon.

Tommy found everyone in the library studying; it took him a while to find the others.

he's a speedster- so i found it unusual that you would write that it took him a while to find the others.

the story is interesting in regards to the originality of it. would like to see more interaction between characters. making the whole story centered around an original character that is not canon- not my favorite kind of stories.

thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of it
Alluring Alliteration chapter 5 . 6/22/2011
Wow, this is a really good story. If you want suggestions, I'd say that Kate might have feelings of inadequacy, because she doesn't have powers (?). Teddy probably might feel insecure about his looks, after having to change to fit in with Greg.
kadajclone100 chapter 5 . 6/20/2011
very nice fic, please continue
grey280 chapter 5 . 6/18/2011
CURSE YOU CLOCKS

I SHALL HAVE MY VENGEANCE

VENGEAAAANCE

A-hem. On to business.

I think it would be beneficial for her to have powers, yes. I hadn't thought about being an empath, I was personally only thinking of straight-up telepathy, but I think being an empath might be even better for her.

(Side note: for stuff about robots having feelings, check out 'i, robot'. Pretty interesting (and I literally just finished watching the movie))

(Another side note: how big of records of everything do the Avengers have? Can they, like, recreate any part of the planet in there? And where does the data come from?

Ooh interesting thought - hasn't Marvel experimented with machines having telepathic powers? Maybe it pulls stuff out of the minds of people in the room...)

Heh heh "shrink at me". I like that. I may use it in the future.

A tip for writing Gytha's dialog: "I cannot" and "I can't" say two different things. Cannot is more formal, and might seem scripted. Can't is a more fluid, natural way of saying the same thing. I'm not sure if you chose that word based on how she was looking at it, or if that's just more of the 'english is confusing' (it is) stuff.

Where would they have heard rumors about her? And DID she 'set Captain America strait?'

(Dang, now I'm getting confused about language, and English is my FIRST. Strait or straight? NURR CONFUSED)

Truth serums do exist in the real world, but I think they were banned by one of the Geneva conventions or something.

I like the idea of this as a battle between Tommy and Gytha, each trying to switch the focus to each other. I'm interested to see how it'll go in the future. It gets really interesting when you mix in the facts that, while Gytha is trained at this, Tommy can technically exist at a much higher rate than pretty much anyone in the world, allowing him to process thoughts much faster than... well, pretty much anyone.

One thing about Speed, and another reason for him to possibly be a 'slacker'. I'll link this back to my last point, how he can think faster than anyone. That would make any sort of learning environment that isn't specially tailored to his high-speed needs incredibly boring for him, especially if he actively goes into his high-speed mode. When things get boring, people stop caring. That explains why myself and some of my other super-smart-nerdling friends would get low grades in some of the easiest classes - they were too easy, and we'd be too bored to care.

That last part is unclear - did Gytha take Stature into a different holo-room, or did they both go into the same one, and reconfigure it?

Aaand I'm out of stuff to comment on. Here's hoping nobody else long-winded gets here to take away the trophy that is RIGHTFULLY MINE *glares at

Sucker of Clocks*

(For ease of counting, this message is 2,832 characters long.)