Reviews for The Throne of Jade Affair
Westel chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Superb! The Empress reminded a little of the last Empress of China, Tz'u Hsi, immortalized in Pearl S. Buck's book, _Imperial Woman_. Loved the hidden passages, the Eastern flavor, the old laws and customs - and our two heroes wading through it all!

Was entertained throughout!

RoseLight chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
A well-crafted story that rings with authenticity. Your original characters have depth; your portrayal of Our Boys is spot on. The plot and action are plausible and engaging. Thanks for a good read.

Enfleurage chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I truly enjoy the obvious research and planning you put into your stories, the creation of a society, cultural norms, the detailed description of the palace (especially in contrast to the city) and the creation of believable original characters who make the story truly come alive.

As always your characterization of Solo and Kuryakin is both on target and gently affectionate. How very cunning to open the story with Kuryakin identifying Solo's weakness and then have the story pivot on a woman's essentially usurping that 'weakness.'

I grew to like Harry Chang, the young Emperor and Dowager Empress and liked how the story set up Harry Chang as a believable challenger to the throne, but evolved to show his affection for his brother, his people, and his devotion to his family.

The Dowager Empress could have been a caricature but you portrayed her as a real woman behind the traditional mask, one who has sacrificed immensely in her role.

I really enjoy all of your stories but this is one of my favorites.
MLaw chapter 1 . 4/4/2011