Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Guest chapter 3 . 3/6/2014
Awesome.
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
I really should apologize for not reviewing this story sooner. I’ve read it a few times, and most times I find myself unable to articulate how much I enjoyed reading your fanfic. But I will try my best to give you the credit you deserve. :)

First, let me say that I have a huge weakness for bizarre, dream-like scenarios, especially the type that messes with both the characters’ and readers’ minds. It’s a great style of writing and you captured it superbly—coupled with your beautiful writing, no less. I find myself reading this story simply to lose myself in all of its (or Grell’s) madness. This fanfic poses the constant question of what is “real,” and what is simply Grell’s twisted imagination. There was a good variety of visions, too; dramatic tidbits of Grell’s past, demon!Grell, the sexual fantasies with Sebastian, and I my heart squeezes every time I read the picnic between William and Grell, Grell being female and carrying his child. The different dreams evoke different feelings, making this fic a great emotional rollercoaster to read.

In particular, I appreciated Grell’s saving of Ciel, and how this story’s conclusion points to his more maternally protective instincts—something I do agree Grell possesses. This story brings Grell and Ciel a little closer than before, without their past conflicts being forgotten or their personalities straying from character. Generally speaking, all of Grell’s relationships in this story felt in-character, especially considering the dire circumstances.

All in all, excellent story. :) I’ve enjoyed reading every minute of it.
Sarlona chapter 3 . 11/4/2012
I KNEW IT!

I had a suspicion that Grell was the one who had be hit by the Angel's Blast!

*happy butt dance* I was ri-ight!
Athena's phoenix chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
Wow. Brilliant; beautiful... One of the few things that has made me laugh, and cry, and scream at the characters: "Grell, wake up, it was you, damn it!" Haha... xP
Yeah, well, in any case, I enjoyed this very much; the layout was perfect, as was the presentation. And, of course, the writing is magnificent. ;)
I knew that it was Grell from the start; the clues were just shouting at me, "he's too exhausted to think straight, he hears people discussing an injured person while he's out of it, Argh!"
Yeah, you had me worried for Grell for a while there. What if he hadn't recovered...?
The meeting with Ciel at the end was a perfect finishing touch, by the way. After finding out that Grell would have/almost died for him, I just knew that they'd have to see each other again...
Yeah, I can honestly say that I love this fic. Thank you for writing it.
-Athena's phoenix
TheAUWalker chapter 3 . 4/27/2012
Yay! Cool to see Grell's perspective on this from the story this is from :D
captain con queso chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
Wow... Just wow.

My mind blown

-Necury
Shandar1 chapter 3 . 9/30/2011
Very well written! Combining pre-reaper cinematic records, dreams, desires, and memories into a confusing jumble of thoughts due to a head injuries was inspiring. I like how it concentrates on Grell, while your other story is about William during this whole incident.
Kotetsu T. Kaburagi chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
Oh WOW! I absolutely loved this story! The prose and compelation of random events certainly keeps one's mind spinning!...not only that but you've managed to push my bedtime to an unprecedented 5am with this marvelous work of fiction! Please do consider a sequel to this because though this was amazing it has the potential to branch off into a sub story...I surely hope you still like black Butler enough to continue writing it. Bravo I say to you and Encore please!
The Chainsaw Juliet chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
As I said on DeviantArt, I loved this so much I'm posting a review on both sites!

The writing flow was cluttered, but perfectly in keeping with the lucidity Grell cannot seem to grasp as he falls in and out of consciousness. Each Reaper was written well, too, and I love the brotherly relationship you wrote between Ronald and Grell.

Loved it!
StarscreamNova chapter 3 . 4/11/2011
I enjoyed this quite a lot, thank you for sharing it :3
Raikovladi92 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I really like this story; it seems like it's definately going to be one of the more angsty Grell stories.

I ADORE all of the different narratives in the story; all of them are quite unique! From the leatherclad demon Grell, to pregnant Lady Grell, to normal Grell; they are handled quite well!

The only reccommendation I could make is that, though you say in the intro that the narratives will be confusing, it WAS very hard to read.

Maybe you wanted it to be like that, but my reccommendation would be to separate the narratives a bit, so they transition a bit better. To me, it felt a bit choppy as it is, and there were parts I had to reread multiple times because I was trying to figure out where one bit ended and the other began. It's one thing to have diverse narrative, it's another to have them like this; confusing, to me at least.

But, don't get me wrong, I DO like the story, as I said, and I can't wait to see part 2. Obviously, it's Grell who is injured. Perhaps his 'dream' is a mix of his wishes and memories. His "Cinematic Record" perhaps? Since the record contains both a person's past and future?

So, all in all, good job! I'd give this one a 4.85 out of 5, simply because I found it confusing. However, I'll be sure to review the next chapter when you've posted it, and it may indeed become less confusing (as you say) Thanks~