Reviews for The Mirage that Refuses to Disappear
Taeniaea chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
good story
Evil Detective chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
:3 OMG it's Awai!

I like how Awai behaved here, very adorable... somehow.

By the way, it's Oohoshi Awai, you misspell her name. ,

I also like the fact that Teru is being called Terry... And she didn't seem to... mind... much. XD

Oh, and:

"Yes, we have to! I'm the taishou!"

"Only for the individuals."

Actually, it's for the team tourney, since uh, Teru is the president/captain(sub). XD

Anyways, love it! I also like the interaction between Teru and Sumire and Awai/Sumire. :3
TheBigN chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Really enjoyed this story, and liked how Teru's worries and delusions give off the edge like they'll swallow her whole if she lets them. I'm also wondering if this paragraph:

"You jam your hands in your pockets and start walking. The halls are naturally quiet, intermittently broken by the drone of overhead fluorescent lights, footsteps contained in leather-taut Oxfords imported from the West. You jingle-jangle round corners that had to have been inspired by those really old Microsoft Windows screensavers with the moving maze, brush by folk too ignorant and too much in a hurry to say "excuse me".

Whatever. They're busy. They've got some last-minute kinks to work out, got a show to run. They won't be ignoring you once the dice roll and the tiles are flying from your fingertips. It's gonna be all yours. Everyone'll be talking about you for years to come. They'll remember you as Miyanaga Teru, the girl who won the inter-high tourney three years TOPS; the girl who went from That Emo Kid to Tigress of the Tiles. You're gonna fight the war, and you're going to WIN IT."

is being repeated deliberately, or was that an accident.