Reviews for They Talk, You Know
Stunning Sunset chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
Cute! So domestic and nice in its simplicity!
llimbus chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Aah, I love Morag! And I love your writing!
This was a lovely story, it really gave Rosmerta (and Pomona) life. The dialogue between Rosmerta and Morag was absolutely fantastic and everything was just, just... great. (I wish I could give you a better review, but there's nothing that should've been done differently)

Iselima-Minerva chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Lovely little story and very well written and Morag made it a bitter sweet enjoyment.

I could see Armande in front of me all the way and it gave me a big smirk. Yet your Morag also can stand on her own: had I not known Armande/Judi Dench I would still have loved the character for her warmt beneath the loud barks.

Rosmerta, understanding Morag so well and not letting herself get overpowered by the old witch, giving opportunity to Morag to build her many oneliners, making this great read with lots of quotable sentences.

The flowers, the Muggle interpretations and Pomona's love for Rosmerta form a nice background, though I must say I prefer Rosmerta in the arms of Irma or Minerva, but this made for a refreshing flowery romance for once. LOL
Swallow B chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
A lot of variety in your stories: different subjects, different tones. This one is quite interesting. Pomona and the language of flowers. It's worth developing.

Morag reminds me of a few old ladies I have met. A dirty mind is a joy forever? Hum...

I must see that film.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Charming conversation. Thank you for sharing this gem.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I love both Morag and Rosmerta here. Sharp women, both of them; my only regret is that we don't see more of them. The flower language works beautifully to characterize the speakers and to create the lovely romance.

Morag is a hoot -

"That isn't the worse for wear, that's pissed as a newt."

"A dirty mind is a joy forever"

"And you know how I feel about coffee. Must be like a man: hot, strong, and with a hint of sweetness"

"I'm a man's woman, as well you know. No need to get your hopes up."

And I love how well Rosmerta stands up to her.

"On somepeople, black coffee has a sobering effect." Haha! And she's great at the end, too.

(Note-FFN seems to have eaten your section separators.)