Reviews for Windows
MyNameIsAverage chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Wow. I think I just OD on angst. Thank you.
allthewolves chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
PLEASE WRITE MORE. Sorry I'm not more specific, but I eat up your Anders/Hawke one-shots. :D
fifespice chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
intense
akuze chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Anders' eyes are definitely beautiful! And I certainly enjoyed your writing style. The flow was perfect! I loved how every scene was brief, yet each carried the right amount of impact. However, I don't entirely agree with the idea of Justice/Vengeance seeking justice for the innocents killed during the Chantry explosion, because that implies that it was Anders who caused the event. That sounds like it doesn't make any sense, but I'll try to explain what I meant. As I see it, the decision to destroy the Chantry belonged to Justice, not Anders. Anders may have been the one who carried out the deed, but not without Justice's influence.

If one takes the rival path for the Anders romance, he will admit to having blackouts, suggesting that Justice and Anders aren't really "one" as Anders claims they are. The part where you wrote "She pulls him towards her and tells him he still has time, time to fix things." made me think of the rivalmance. Was this a reference to that? :D I'm aware that his character development is very different if one romances him as a friend, but the rival path does give us a deeper insight into the whole Anders and Justice/Vengeance dynamic. We get to see that Anders reconsiders "his" actions, only to be overpowered by Justice who controls him before he is able to do anything about it. It's really tragic and heartbreaking. It's also a shame that not everyone was able to see this because it would have really given more depth to his character!

The difference between him and Justice with the friendship path is probably less evident for everyone, including myself. With Hawke's support for his cause, I think he convinces himself that merging with Justice was the right thing to do - which is clearly not the case in the opposite path. It becomes harder to separate the two, because Anders takes responsibility for Justice's actions. And how can he not? The spirit does live inside him after all. I see where people are coming from when they say it was Anders who decided to blow the Chantry up. If that was the case though, why didn't Justice stop him -before- he even had the chance to plant the bomb? We've seen Justice's capabilities and how he easily he can overpower Anders. I'm not saying that Anders is weak compared to Justice; I just don't think that Justice would have let an act like killing innocents go without retribution. So in a way, I do think that what happened in your story was very in-character for Justice, assuming that Anders won their internal struggle on the matter and managed to keep Justice at bay for a time.

Nevertheless, I still think that Justice/Vengeance really is to blame for the havoc, not Anders. But your fic gave me new perspective, so thank you for that! I have something new to think about.

Anyway, I apologize for rambling too much! I'm also sorry if my comment contains horrifying run-on sentences and if it doesn't exactly sound coherent; it's early morning where I'm from and I haven't had any sleep, though that's really no excuse. D:
candice chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I like your style; how you don't use actual game conversations in your story, but just let the game be the background to your own ideas, and also that you continued the story post-game.

Personally, I'm a hopeless (hopeful?) romantic, I would've tried to "exorcize" Justice like we did for Connor in DA:O so we could have a "happily ever after", but your approach makes for a much better story. And it's a fascinating question - what Justice would do because of Anders' act - and a fitting answer to that question.

(And btw, I think Anders has gorgeous eyes too.)