Reviews for Melancholic
J the Drafter chapter 6 . 9/27/2011
This is pretty good. I love your detail in places, especially your description of Jessica. It also helps that this might be the only multi-chapter story with Yasu in it that isn't focused on humor. However, it was lazy of you to bring in the Vocaloids to serve as Jessica's school friends instead of putting in the work to make your own original characters.

This fic has given me a new personal canon. Golden-haired Beatrice is based off of Jessica. You first got me considering it with your descriptions of Jessica's energy and radiance, and I'm ready to embrace it after reading your description of Jessica's cruel smiling and mocking laughter. Overall, good job on this story.
James Birdsong chapter 10 . 8/14/2011
Great!
Ushiromae chapter 8 . 5/24/2011
:D
Pata Hikari chapter 10 . 5/5/2011
Brilliant, and in the end, bittersweet.

The best way to describe it is a bright story that produces heavy shadows. The hidden tragedies of that day do indeed make the seemingly happy events of much of the story melancholy.
Pata Hikari chapter 2 . 5/5/2011
"Like she- a lowly maid- could never have had such an explosive impact on Rokkenjima."

I laughed at this line.

I'm a bad person.
Touzen chapter 10 . 4/20/2011
Beautiful. Brilliant. Thank you so much for telling this tale, which I've been curious about since I read Episode 7, and making it such an honest, enjoyable read. I tip my hat to you.
Itsandra chapter 9 . 4/17/2011
I've been watching this fic for quite some time, and I haven't had an opportunity to review. But I have to, this lastest chapter compelled me to write one.

You've nailed it, more or less. Yasu and Jessica has always been the unknown story of Umineko, and you've created a plausible development of what may have happened.

Now all that remains is to see how you end this...

Hopefully you don't end up calling the readers goats xD
SexAndToast chapter 6 . 4/13/2011
This scene was inevitable, and it's just as painful to read for the second time. The biggest tragedy of the dialog between Jessica and Mammon is that Jessica isn't really being cruel or spiteful, she's actually being realistic. Little boys DO forget promises, and they DO boast from time to time. There was no way she could have known poor "Shannon"'s circumstances, and how cruel her words must have seemed to her.

I feel for "Shannon", but I know as this fanfiction progresses I'll grow less sympathetic towards her and more horrified.

"Shannon" and Jessica in a sense are counterbalances to each other. "Shannon" is idealistic to a fault, and Jessica can be and is rather cynical. Yet, at the end of the day, one died covered in her own blood, and the other died responsible for the deaths of multiple innocents.

You called this pairing a crack pairing, but you also acknowledged that it was canon. And while extraordinarily heartwarming at times, knowledge of who "Shannon" is gives this fiction, appropriately enough, a very melancholic feel.

You seem to realize the terrible irony as well as I do, and so I look forward(much in the same way one looks forward to a gigantic drop on a roller-coaster) to your next chapter with anticipation.
SexAndToast chapter 4 . 4/11/2011
Ah ha. So there's where melancholic plays into the story. I have to say, it's rather appropriate for Jessica, considering how this relationship ends. I've said it before, but you really are cruel. To build Shannon up like this... the relationship is adorable but in its adorability lies the horror of it.

Another great chapter, and I LOVED the cameo characters you had. Looking forward to further chapters and whatever direction you decide to take this story, no matter how much it'll eventually pain my heart.
Shinra chapter 4 . 4/11/2011
This fic is sooooo good! although I groan at the inside jokes you make aboutnthe whole murder thing. It's sad, knowing that thisnfriendship won't last...
SexAndToast chapter 3 . 4/8/2011
Another chapter, another review. The most frustrating part of this fanfiction is that the things I admire most about it I can't really mention, lest I spoil the series for some poor guy. The atmosphere you're creating is sweet and true to the characters, but also somewhat disturbing knowing what happens to the Ushiromiyas, and by who. I'm very excited to see your introduction of Kanon.
SexAndToast chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
Explosions? That's almost as absurd as, say, a serial killer who cross-dresses! But in all seriousness, you have a very strong grasp of the characters here. It's your story, so follow your vision to the end!
maLOVESkk chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
I love this story, please continue it!
SexAndToast chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I demand that you see this project out to the end. It's very well written, and covers perhaps the biggest unresolved mystery in Umineko, that is to say, Jessica and Shannon. So please, continue with this story:3
Anon chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Oh my god this is great ksajklfdlkj.

Write MOAR. I will hunt you down if you don't!