Reviews for It Will Not Last The Night
Narcissaist chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
i love your story so far! it is very good! i wasnt to sure id like the concept of the story...but i really like it! 3 8D
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 8 . 8/24/2011
I keep saying it, but I just love how you switched Nellie and Sweeney's emotions. The entire "we could get by" speech coming from Mr. T instead of Nellie... it's so beautiful and powerful and delightfully different :D
InDeppth chapter 8 . 8/18/2011
Please write more :3 x
Citiesofcolor chapter 8 . 7/16/2011
This story is one of the most wonderfully crafted noncanon stories I have ever written. It is darkly beautiful, with the tragedy and the twisted romance almost inseparable from each other. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 8 . 7/16/2011
Epic! :D

'Her strings are unraveling again and splitting her fabric apart – or maybe they had never resewn themselves – maybe she had only managed to flee by gathering the broken scraps to her chest, pretending yet again – Either way, this ends right now. Either way, she will sew herself together right now.' Aw, the effort it takes her to keep it together, it's heart-breaking.

I also love how you show that Nellie always has to be in control; she was kinda irked when Sweeney wouldn't sit when she told him to. And Sweeney's starting to take away this control, I loved it how he could make her feel uneasy just by looking at her.

And the 'What did Lucy look like?' question, asked by Sweeney, was brilliant. I wasn't expecting him to ask that, although I probably should have; it's understandable that Mrs. Lovett can't really remember the old Lucy from so long ago. 'A tongue of fury lashes through her body at the sentence – the accusation – the truth.' Poor her.

The concept with the metronome that Nellie needs to keep going is really intriguing; it shows how haunted and driven she feels. It was great that she could stop moving at the end, finally she starts to relax a bit in Sweeney's company.

'he sees her eyes narrow – but not in plotting – in considering – bewildered and adrift and burning and frightened and uncomprehending but still considering, still trying, still standing before him' You did a great job not rushing this scene, Nellie couldn't give in too quickly. And of course, Anthony had to come and ruin it all...

And finally, Sweeney stands up for himself, finally he's getting more confident. I can't wait for more!
SimplySinful21 chapter 7 . 7/6/2011
Agh! My heart aches even more for Mrs. Lovett in the movie and playwright! Gods, you are a genius! I can't wait to see how he'll react to his wife being alive! Beautiful!

4rm da blk chick$$$
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 7 . 7/4/2011
Amazing! I love the image of Nellie talking to the corpses while chopping them up, this is so fitting for her and I can totally see her doing that.

I love how she came running to him because she needs him to make her forget, that's so beautifully sad. The slightly cruel way she treats him shows so well how desperate and pain-ridden she is.

'Because nothing can drive away the fury and purpose and pain that always dwells within her veins and turns her into this beast that is both predator and prey – and she doesn't want to drive this beast away, because she can't forget the reason she's still here – but some days she longs to forget, even if just for a moment, even if she never can: Because even if her heart pulses only from perfunctory memory, she still needs to hear it thunder in her ears. Just to hear thunder one last time. Just to make sure she can still hear in this dead world.' This is simply heart-breaking.

'He's manipulated me, for once, rather than the other way around, she thinks through her fog, blinking up at him.' Go Sweeney! She lost control for once.

Again, this story is brilliantly written, keep up the great work.
RubyRosette5 chapter 7 . 7/2/2011
The last part just breaks my heart,Poor Sweeney :(
Lady Nuit chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
Oh my. How angsty how...how heartbreakingly angsty. The way she runs to him, the way he accepts her and pretends it's more than just need.

Gosh. The love thing...yeah I thought that too, but I suppose it's not longer that anymore, it's the fact that she's lost everything and she needs a purpose. :/ Poor Sweeney.
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
Another beautiful chapter!

I just love how you describe both of their emotions.

And it's just so like Mrs. Lovett to talk to those corpses...I can so easily imagine her doing that and I love how you used that in the beginning of this chapter :)
cookie-pocky-strawberry-love chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
wow...just wow, this story is definetly one of the most originals and i cant wait for more :]
Lady Nuit chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
This is heartbreaking. D: The way he hopes to find her once more under all that layer of bitterness and how hard she's become to survive. -sigh- I do hope for some true romance too, for her to melt into his arms despite how much she protests.
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
It's very nice to see an update!

I can't wait for the events of the next chapter ;)
Little Miss Porcelain chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
This was lovely. The way you expressed the thoughts and emotions without dialogue was just ravishing. I can't wait for more.
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
It was a great chapter, and it resumed the time period covered by 'God, that's good' really, really well.

'He's as much of a staple of London as Big Ben, he is! Best barber in London without question – don't raise your eyebrows at me – I never lie, love.' This part made me laugh; it's fascinating that Nellie, who is portrayed as rather sinister and bound on revenge in this story, can still keep up her cheery, chatty facade.

'It's his way of expressing his thanks for a visitor coming to his humble abode.' Yes, that's one way to put it xD

'Nellie has never been a good sleeper. Even when her body is utterly spent, her mind continues cantering about, spitting up thoughts, memories, soliloquies, wails, screams, images, plans, ten thousand musical instruments of recollections and grievances that refuse to sing in time to each other or to silence.' I loved this part, it shows how haunted Nellie is, and would also fit Sweeney in the original perfectly.

'Sweeney Todd may be the one bearing the new name, but it is she who bears the new soul, irrevocably altered by her past.' I still enjoy their role reversal; it was really interesting to read that Sweeney thinks about the future while she hasn't thought of it at all.

Sorry, I can't help quoting my favorite parts :) Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to reading more! I hope Sweeney will be able to bring out the old Nellie someday in the future...
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »