Reviews for It Will Not Last The Night
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
Wow. This is just plain amazing, really. It's one of the best stories I've ever read on here; I love the idea of them changing their traditional roles, and you managed to pull off the reversal perfectly. Their motives are comprehensible, and even though Sweeney is the lovestruck one and Nellie is the bloodthirsty, revenge-obsessed one, they are still in-character and their personalities are almost the same. It is so intriguing to think that Nellie could avenge Lucy, I'm wondering if this was born out of some romantic feelings or just a deep friendship.

I absolutely love how you take scenes from the actual movie and keep them very similar to the original ones, the dialogue almost stays the same but the inner monologue changes the situation completely. Nellie's Epiphany was simply brilliant in my opinion. And your own, added scenes are also really well-done and quite intense; I can so imagine Nellie and Toby playing the harmonium together. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this story continues!

Lol this is one of the longest reviews I've ever written xD
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 5 . 5/30/2011
I have said it but I'll say it again: I love where you are taking this.

It's just insane how completely different this feels from any Sweenett I've ever read before while it's still so... I don't know. True to the characters, if that makes sense. Probably not :P

Anyway, I can't wait to read the next chapter so I hope you'll have the chance to update again soon :)
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 4 . 5/30/2011
Argh, for some reason the alert for this chapter disappeared somewhere in a dark corner of my inbox and I only was reminded of it when I got the alert for the fifth chapter and realized I hadn't read this one yet.

Anyway, I'm glad that I finally read this chapter! I'm getting kinda used now to the awesome setup of this story, but I hadn't realized yet that it could lead to situations that are so recognizable and yet so /different/ like the one in this part.

I can't describe how much I love what you did with them here and turned the now familiar situation just before 'a little priest' into something that is so similar and yet so completely new and exciting compared to the actual story.

I mean, the thought of Nellie freaking out because Anthony prevented Sweeney from killing Turpin right away... it's just brilliant XD

*goes on to the next chapter* :D
Charmingly-Evil chapter 5 . 5/29/2011
loved it. can't wait for an update!
Lady Nuit chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
My was this amazing. I feel so bad about Sweeney how he thinks he goes three steps forward then is shoved back by her. :/

Nellie is a very complex person but seeing her with Toby is nice. I wish she'd see Sweeney in more than just a pawn.

Update soon.
JDeppIsMyLovely chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
This story is siriusly great! But poor Mr.T! Awwwwww I totally just wanna give him a hug XD
Maxine the Unknowingly admired chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
Wow.

This chapter is the best one yet! The way you described everything so poetically, it was just marvelous.

~ Maxine T. U. A.~
Poetoffire chapter 4 . 5/27/2011
This story continues to impress me, and I continue to forget to review it. Um, wow. I love how you mess around with our preconceptions of what's going to happen in the plot.

I find it interesting how you flip-flopped Epiphany and A Little Priest, particularly because their outward personalities don't change. I wouldn't think Sweeney the type to have such an idea, but it works. I can't wait to see how the major plot points are handled.

Keep it up.
NellieLovettAngelique chapter 4 . 5/24/2011
Tee hee! I love this story it's so different and so well written! I love the way you write, and I can easily picture all of this happening :-)

I hope you'll update soon!

Lizzie
Gallows Calibrator chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
I LOVE the last line. It's so pretty, for lack of a more complex adjective. And more play dialogue, yeyy. NothIng really much for me to say otherwise, because that would just end in redundancy. Can't wait for the next chapter. :D
deathroman13 chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
great chapter.

Your writing skills are really good and I really like it that the roles are exactly the opposite :).
Lady Nuit chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
Oh wow I cannot believe that this story is out and I had missed it! It's so good, I cannot believe that it's so different yet so fitting. For example, his reactions to her touches. If only we would know if she reciprocates or just likes teasing him.

update soon, the fandom hasn't died.
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 3 . 5/15/2011
It's great to see an update of this story :D

This is another wonderful chapter and I think that especially the end if very powerful.

I just love how you follow the plot of the play/movie very closely but give it such a different twist by changing the feelings of Nellie and Sweeney in the complete opposite direction.

I can't wait to read more :D
Little Miss Porcelain chapter 3 . 5/14/2011
this was such an awesome chapter and I sympathize with you on the a/n
deathroman13 chapter 3 . 5/14/2011
Nice chapter :).

I think it's pretty funny how Sweeney reacts against Lovett XD.

I hope you update soon.