Reviews for It Will Not Last The Night
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
Awesome chapter!

I can't say often enough how much I love the concept of this and the way you portray the barber and the baker now that the tables are turned!

I can't wait to read more :D
InDeppth chapter 2 . 5/1/2011
i really like the concept you have going for this :)

loving it so far x
deathroman13 chapter 2 . 4/24/2011
Awesome story so far :)

I have waited so long for a story like this :D

I hope you update soon.
Poetoffire chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I meant to review the first chapter, but I'm glad it's going to last longer. It just keeps getting better. Your stuff is so consistently good and the characters are always vivid and never romanticized. And none of it is ever trite or done.

I really love the dynamic between the reversed motives. "My Friends" was that much better with that totally different internal monologue. I can't wait to see what happens.

Also: is Mrs. Lovett's desire to revenge Lucy born out of romantic feeling or deep friendship?
Caspar Wilde chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
Very original idea and deliciously well-written. The characters still seem pretty in-character even with the role reversal; Mrs Lovett especially I think is brilliantly written. Eagerly anticipating more,

E.H
Gallows Calibrator chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Oh, alright, so Nellie was in love with Lucy then? That's interesting, and I mean that in a strictly interesting way, not just saying it for lack of anything else to say. Intriguing?

I'm pretty sure Nellie says 'then handles is chased silver', and not are, but it's been awhile. Also, I love you for using play dialogue.
SpoonfulOfArsenic chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
I just love how you've twisted the story into something so different, yet it still resembles what it used to be. And the motivations are really interesting; those are so important in a story, and you really make them work.

You handled the whole Lucy relationship very nicely in this. The way that neither of them loved the other, but they did care enough to remain loyal. And this:

"The thought burns him from the inside out with pain, with shame. How could he think such things? He learns his wife is dead and instantly he fantasizes about another woman in her place?"

I think that's great. That's exactly how a person's mind usually works. We're glad to have a desire finally in our reach, and we forget whatever happened to make that possible. But then we feel guilty. And that's what makes this work so well; he doesn't completely ignore Lucy, but it's clear what's truly on his mind and in his heart.

I'm gonna quote another thing, because I feel like it. And quoting is fun. :P

"His heart surges: could it be, is it possible, can she be –

Does she love him?"

Gah! Broke my heart. The desperation that a thought like that has is just awful. It carries so much hope that could be crushed in an instant.

Anyways, I have a paper to write, so I should end this review. :P

Really amazing chapter, and I can't wait to see more! :)
PartyhardDrunkard chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
It official...I DEFINITELY love this! I really do...it is amazing. :D
Little Miss Porcelain chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Continue pretty please! this is uber awesome!
daisy10166 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
cool twist on the story!
BakerPieMaker chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Wow, That was a very deep story. I was gripping to every last text til the last, and even then I wasn't satisfied, but instead crave more. So many questions! Please for the love of god/ (or anything else you might perfer)Write More!
PartyhardDrunkard chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
SQUEEEEEE! I LOVE THIS! PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
thefanficwriter chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
absolutely brilliant!

i really hope you continue soon.
SpoonfulOfArsenic chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I'm with Angel on this; I really hope to see more. This a very interesting idea... one that's never fully entered my mind. You know, I've thought of a sort of role reversal with the two of them, but that's always been in a more silly way. I'm really interested in this, so here's hoping you continue. :)
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I don't see a 'complete' at the end of this page so that means there'll be more, I suppose?

There'd better be more, cause this first chapter is interesting indeed! I never read anything like this and I'm very intruiged.
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5