Reviews for Some Things Never Change
Hope06 chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
This was so powerful awesome job
juniper294 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I keep reading the stories thinking that this is probably the best yet, but then you beat it with the next one. Then I think back to the ones I've read and think that maybe they were the best. Long story short, you're stories are all amazing thus far.

This one was painfully sad, the line about pizza and the Discovery channel made my breathing hitch. I think that might be the saddest line I've read from this fandom.

And its funny that it so sad, but it also had me smile at other parts, like where Wordy said the line about not being negotiators. You've done a good job mixing the emotions in this one.

And as for the lack of resolution, I think this ends on a solid note. It's a oneshot, taken out of an episode. Short of having them drive to the hospital and rewrite the episode, its the perfect ending (and I dont think I'd be inclined to read the whole episode, lol)

Wordy has always been the trickiest character for me to write, so I'm really enjoying reading your take on how he interacts with the other characters during hard times. I think I've said this way more than once, but great story.
Cristeina Scarlatti chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Why would you NOT like this one? this is so touching that at the end i acc began to cry! the hurt and pain that Toth put them through really shows in this! i don't think you can continue this but i LOVE your ending! Really touching and i'm still crying! :'( please write more on Spike and Wordy! like i don't know Wordy gets hurt or Spike get's hurt and the other one is really worried! i'd LOVE that ;) your a great writer! i dont see why you can't put that gift to good use ;) xx
Hilary Parker chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I rally love the idea that Spike continues to seek out Lew when he's having a tough time! And I love that it was Wordu that found him.
Angelina chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
You made me cry. I love that your short stories are to the point and does not go on and on till Kingdom come. It makes me wish I could write in a similarly insightful way.
Philippe de la Matraque chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
While I think the end was a bit over-the-top and I don't think there was so much delay in Ed being shot and the team going to the hospital or picking up the investigation. That being said, I loved the sentiment here, the introspection and the dynamics of Wordy and Spike in this one. Good job.
Blue Skittles Kat chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Glad I found this (trolling thru the archives). Just watched Fault Lines and could totally see this as an epilogue to that. Even though we're at the end of season 4 and know where all those plot bunnies ended up, this rings true to both characters, uh character. It all flows well, the dialog, the sentiment, the imagery. There's a lot of description yet it doesn't seem bogged down by that. I can picture it all in my mind as I read.
How Clever of You chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I'm really glad I'm getting back into reading fics (as opposed to just writing them) because WOW. This makes me miss Wordy so much. And Spikey, oh, my baby. Even though they've never really been shown as friends, exactly, this could totally happen. Wordy comforting him and holding him while he cries and just UGH. The feelings I am feeling right now are just indescribable, and there are tears in my eyes and just. This is really beautiful. The imagery, the way Spike ran to his best friend for comfort, how the team called and called and he didn't hear his phone... even down to Spike leaving after the evals. I never even thought about what happened to the rest of the team between the HQ and the hospital, but THIS. This is perfection.
Lily G chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Yay! If you see this message, Firefox let me review without crashing!

Brilliant story here! Personally, I think you should let it there, it's perfect that way to me.
Mitaya chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I think what I like best about this story is that even with the new season emotions of this scene make complete sense. yes, the whole follow-up on Ed's shooting is different, but place it a day later, whatever, this conversation still fits perfectly between Spike and Wordy. You have their personalities down well.

I also think the imagery of the sunset is well done and fits nicely, if that was part of your 'descriptive imagery' then you are doing well with it.

It's short and simple and sweet and fills the emotional holes that the show writers skipped,

thanks
Illyria13 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Oh, wow. Just wow. I loved this; it was absolutely beautiful. You had a nice fluidity in your words here, in the descriptions as well as the thought processes for Spike. I loved that it was Spike and Wordy and that they were able to get a little closure about the events of this episode (from hwat I understand). And I really liked this part: "He was nearly panicked at the implication that something was wrong in Spike's family and no one knew about it. Spike was their happy-go-lucky guy, their peacekeeper, the way that they remained sane on some stressful calls; the idea that just beneath the surface there was so much unaddressed anger and sadness worried Wordy."

I thought it was very fitting, and sounded exactly like something Wordy would think. Well done!

-Illyria13
UguuGao chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I know I'm kinda late with reviewing but I liked this:)

Your dialogue and descriptions were well balanced; I think you're getting better at this, not that you weren't before,lol.

Good work
Zaidie chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Aw, fantastic scene. Very emotional.

I think you're really doing a great job dealing with the dialog and emotions. I think Spike's thoughts and emotions came across especially well in the part where he was talking to Lew.

I keep trying to find some advice or something to give you, but I really can't think of anything to improve on in this scene. Everything flows totally smoothly. Another great read. We can only dream that we'd be so lucky as to have a long moment like this between Spike and Wordy in the show. Oh well *sigh*.
Autumnsonlyone chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Love it! Keep writing. I am running behind in my reviews becuase of computer issues but I am home for the weekend so I MIGHT be able to read and review. Not sure. D
RBCrazyFan chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Wow! Seriously, this was amazing. I can totally picture this happening!

Catch you on the flip side