Reviews for Second Choices: CarlWard Contest Entry
SFALCON chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wow - Thanks!
Ishouldntbehere chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I enjoyed this - insightful idea, and as usual well written.

Thanks!
Princess Mishawaka chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
So good. This story really explains the relationship that grew between Carlisle and Edward then between Edward and the rest of the family.

I feel sorry for Edward because he is so alone but it's worse that being alone he can hear the inner voices of everyone around him and it tortures him.
saraamin chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
wow enjoyed this one very much. Thank you sweetheart!
twi nana chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Wonderful, truly wonderful...great perspcetive, and could have happened just like that. Like it LOTS!
spunkmehard chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Beautifully written, so tender and heartwarming. Always wondered about those years when it was just Edward and Carlisle and you have captured it so well. Thank you for this.
BamaBabe chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
You never fail to capture the essence and purity of emotion with aching accuracy. In 4155 words, you have managed to elicit each emotion without putting Carlisle out as the bad guy for hurting Edward. You show Carlisle's conflict of emotions for changing Edward and the joy the two have in spending time with each other, loving each other and in friendship, with crystal clarity.

I'm sure you do not need any wishes of good luck with the contest, and I offer them anyway. Thank you, as always, for sharing your ideas.
Britt01 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
"Bella would never be his second choice" - beautiful. Perfect summation.
Beans827 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I can totally see that being canon! Of course, SM would NEVER go there, but sure, Carlisle had been starved for any kind of affection for over 200 years and Edward was just reacting to his teenage hormones. That was great. Thanks for sharing it.
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I really like your take on Edward and Carlisle's history. It just as well could've really happened :) That's what I love most, that in the end everything is just how it should be (like canon) but it just came to be like that in another way.

And I also loved that last line. Bella's the one to really mend Edward, and thus the whole Cullen family. She made Edward understand.

Thank you for writing and sharing!
dinkadot chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Great Story! I am curious now that Edward is not a virgin, how he would act differently with Bella...

Brandi
Krudt chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
So beautiful, MsKathy. It's always a pleasure to read your stories. Well-written and well-paced.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Greetings from Denmark.
HopeStreet chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I swear I've read this before. This is one of my favorite Carlward stories since Carlisle had to choose the pull of his mate over his love for Edward and Edward left to sulk and lament that he would have no one in life until coming into contact with the call of Bella's blood. The coupling with Carlisle is so much better than Edward being an almost 100 year virgin before meeting Bella.
Scarlett72 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Oh! Mskathy, mskathy, mskathy. How can you get me all worked up and raring to go; have all the cast on stage and then just leave me dead in the water? Please tell me that you are considering going farther with this? Please? But, one way or the other, I certainly enjoyed this. It makes a lot of sense to me too. I think it could have gone just exactly this way. Hmmmmm.
IccaSpriggs chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I enjoyed this.

I like this relationship between Carlisle and Edward. It's very much believable that this would happen.

Your last line really made me smile.

Thanks for sharing.