Reviews for Poison
whoa.is.me chapter 11 . 8/22/2011
I love this story soo much! I always thought Eli could be into drugs and alcohol, also ever since he showed Fitz his fake ID I wondered what he used his for.

This story is so good, I can't wait for you to update and I hope you update really soon, cause I have reread this story already and the wait is unbearable.
xStayWithMe chapter 11 . 7/11/2011
Seriously, this story is just too good. It's really hard to wait for your updates.
ThatPrettyStare chapter 11 . 7/7/2011
And yet another splendid chapter. Clare just doesn't know what she's getting into, does she? She is always running around to those darn parties...

I really feel as if she just wants a high, you know:? Lifted off the ground, weightless, feeling nothing. But nothing is that easy for Clare. There's that nagging thought in the back of her mind: EliEliEli. She wants to let go, not necessarily enjoy herself, but to be free of all restraints, and she can't. It's because of what Eli's saying and her conscience (if you have one when you're high) and duh, practically everything she's ever known.

And she feels...gosh there's just so much hidden meaning behind everything these characters are going through and it's just so good and I just can't take it what are you doing to me, Crystal, gosh~

And thene there's ELI. Elei is so protective, almost in a loving way, wouldn't you agree? He just doesn't want Julia to happen all over again, he feels confused and scared and TORN and lost afsdjffhfd all those in one must suck. All this added on to Clare just being all "I want to be free like you" but then not being able to take it as he always says and he just HAS to rescue her and then cuddle.

But then again I'm not complaining. :P

I'm like the worst reviewer ever but I love you xoxox
qwoc chapter 8 . 6/20/2011
I really liked this chapter because the theme of isolation and how Eli felt about it was really well written: the way that he kept getting high and drunk but this time not to forget about Julia but about Clare was a pretty cool writing tactic to show how Clare is slowly I guess changing him woud be the right word. Also the fact that he was expecting for her to give up on him eventually yet it slightly hurt him that she did was a really nice mix of emotions and it showed how there's still hope for him to change because inside he's screaming to get out.

Another thing I really liked about this chapter was the hiaku part and him forgetting parts of his day, I think that was a really good and intense way to show the effects that drugs are having on Eli, and I kind of melted when I read the part when he dropped his paper and Clare picked it up for him and he kind of froze, that small part kind of felt slow motion for me and it umm, made me fangirl a little bit lol. Great chapter! :)
qwoc chapter 7 . 6/19/2011
wow, wait, I'm so inlove with this story. You portray Eli's alcoholism so well that it worries me, it makes me uncomfortable when I read about him drinking because it scared me I'm like half-expecting him to drop dead from over intoxication.

But that's suchh a good thing because you're writing this soo well, and the scene with his mom and how she kissed him on the forehead, and all he did was stare at the ceiling he didn't even cry, that was such a good choice because, at least to me, it showed even more how depressed he really is. And and the eclare parts, well you just make their relationship too awesome for life, him getting mad when he see's her messing up her life by drinking and slamming the cup from her, and the kiss omg the kiss, spontaneous epicness.

I also really love the description: "He placed his hands to his face, pressing deep against his sockets and let out a harsh breath, trying not to dwell on this but it was no use. By the time class was halfway through his head was screaming so loud at him that he couldn't take it any longer. In the middle of a lecture Ms. Dawes was giving he stood up. His eyes met briefly with Clare's as he did and he could see the underlying worry in them as he grabbed his backpack and left without a word." Really talented writing.

I really love this. I'm gonna keep reading tommorow because I'm going to sleep now :[ so far I'm in love with this story omg :D x3
qwoc chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
This chapter made me cry, and that's how you know you're a talented writer, when you can make the reader react this way. Everything about this chapter was simply beautiful. Clare being high, the way Eli reacted to that, how it bothered him to see her getting messed up like that, her sleeping, him remembering, everything was just great. The way he treated her so badly and causing her to take the morphine, and then him regretting handing it back to her. I could go on and on and on about how in love with this whole thing I am.

Also, when he was remembering Julia, this line just really brought out the tears for me: ""You lied." Eli pulled himself back from the memory with a whisper, hating himself for even allowing his mind to go back there. He bit back tears that fought to fall from his eyes but found the ability to keep from doing so when he heard Clare stir from beside him." That just made the scene so intense that I had to cry, you're really talented.

And the whole flashback about them living forever and not dying, how freaking beautiful, I just really loved it so much.

Plus Eli told Clare about Julia, which is progress even though Clare thinks they've made no progress because he was being cold to her, but I still found it pretty amazing that he was able to tell her because I'm assuming that that's not something he tells to just anybody. I'm really loving this and I'm gonna keep reading now :)
qwoc chapter 5 . 6/19/2011
I was freaking out throughout this whole chapter, the way she was following him again, and how he snapped when the dude hit on Clare, it was really really cute, so much eclare, and when she said she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if anything happened to him, wow that made me jump because I'm soo crazy about eclare that the smallest bit of adorableness sets me off.

Also, you strongly portrayed how dependent on drugs and alcohol Eli is when he started freaking out in the car, and when he started to run, and wow it was just really intense when he yelled "shut up" and even at the drug party or whatever those things are called he was eager to keep on using the bong so that was a really nice tactic to show his dependency and what an emotional mess he is. The fact that Clare is so daring, and wants to try these things not only shows that she wants to prove herself but also that something must be going on in HER life which adds to the mystery, and I'm liking this. Wow, I hope they can both make it through in the end lol. A line that I really liked in this chapter was: "He wanted to get away from her memory, but he never could no matter how hard he tried. She was always there in his mind, whispering his name. Driving him crazy. Crazier than he was sure he already was." That made me go "WOAH, she's goood" I'm really liking this and I'm gonna go read some more :)
qwoc chapter 4 . 6/19/2011
This is so intense. I think it's nice how you included flashbacks, and vague thoughts because it all adds to the emotions that Eli is feeling. Eli seems so helpless and lost and irrevesably scarred because you're awesome writing was able to portray that perfectly. And his thought process about how nobody loves him, when he overheard his mother saying she slipped the drinking pills into his drink, which by the way was really imagery, everything is really great. Oh and the nightmare with Julia and him being muted shows how helpless and scared he is it's all sooo good, I cant even explain it. I love this, great job! :)
qwoc chapter 3 . 6/19/2011
Oh my, wow this is awesome, really really awesome. Clare is such an interesting character in this story how she's willing to do these things, and Eli is really depthed as well I love it. The plot is so creative and original, I'm crazy to see what happens next. Also, you're an amazing writer!

:]
qwoc chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
wow, oh my, this is soo good, I loved the interaction between Eli and Clare, they barely know each other and it didn't go straight to lovey-dovey stuff and her following him like that, how nice. It kinda made me picture her as a scared little mouse who is following a cat, weird huh, but yeah I imagined it like that, only that the cat is not going to harm her I'm hoping, hahah. I'm gonna keep reading this story now!
qwoc chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
wow, I just started reading this story (just finished chapter 1) and it's already so intense. It's mysterious yet straight up with what he does and why he does it. The beggining is perfect I'm already pumped to keep reading more. It was also a bit scary, at least for me, in the sense that I can relate, it's all my feelings described in this short chapter about hating sleep and trying to avoid pain, dont get the wrong idea I'm not a drug addict lol, I don't do drugs. Enough of my ranting, I love this and I'm gonna read some more. :)
Marushka chapter 11 . 6/19/2011
oh my gosh! keep writing please! i love eli as a bad boy, well he already is one...but this is like..major league bd boy. i love the story so far, i hope you keep up with it!
Christina-M chapter 11 . 6/15/2011
This chapter was awesome! Have you ever read Th1rteen R3asons Why? Idk, some parts kind of this chapter reminded me alot of that book!
shehadastory chapter 11 . 6/14/2011
Love it so much, when you had the Better Off Alone line in made me freak out. So lobely and dark at the same time
heatherpoulette chapter 11 . 6/13/2011
So happy nothing too terrible happened to her. Really hope they can finally connect and save eachother from themselves. Great chapter.
134 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »