Reviews for With No Lodestar in Sight
Rayne chapter 13 . 3/4
This was a beautiful, well written, and touching piece. I have to say you deserve well more the reviews then you currently have. I have recently watched the movies from my childhood and True Grit (old and new) were one of them. You accurately portrayed LeBoeuf, Mattie, and all the other characters true to form, while making one of the sweetest pieces of romance I've read in a while. Thank you. I've been shipping Mattie and LeBoeuf since I saw the new movie. I hope, maybe, sometime you might write a sequel or epilogue one shot. You are the only one on this site whose written a Mattie/LeBoeuf story well and I applaud you for it. I wish you would write more. It takes much to get me to read a fanfic, so let me just tell you, your story joins a chosen few that I do read.
Please continue your good work and writing.
God Bless.
DinoDina chapter 13 . 4/1/2014
I am usually wary when reading fics for movies, but this is amazing! It surpassed all my expectations. Mattie and Labeuf were beautifulandin character, and Rooster is always a joy. Though this is a romance(ish) story, it was not sappy, and fit perfectly with the True Grit universe.
I am so happy I read this!
Speakfire chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
Thank you so much for writing this story. The ending had me grinning foolishly, I admit it. You've done a great job with the characterizations of everyone, and the whole thing with Alfred Cunningham and his relationship with his mother... eesh! So creepy and horrifyingly believable. And I like that Mattie hasn't just brushed her experience with him aside, that she does still have nightmares, but it's great that she has LaBoeuf there with her as well, because she needs him (whether she will admit it or not!)
MaggieMcCartney chapter 13 . 1/28/2014
This is amazing. You kept the characters in character perfectly, and the writing was fantastic. I could not stop reading. Thank you so much for writing it.
Kim chapter 13 . 8/30/2013
Just wanted to let you know I think this was brilliantly written and a joy to read; very in-character, wonderful vocabulary and witty banter. Loved it!
LOTReader chapter 13 . 8/30/2013
I stumbled upon this story quite by accident - I have never even seen either of the movies or read the book - but I wanted to let you know what a great story this is! I cannot comment about the accuracy of the characters, but the plot flows well and the relationship between Mattie and Mr. LaBeouf grows without seeming forced or unnatural. I especially love your ending - this feels especially appropriate for the type of relationship they share and how I imagine they would build their marriage. All in all, a very well crafted story. Thanks for sharing!
SimplySpectating chapter 13 . 7/10/2013
I would just like to say that I have now re-read this four times, and think it is amazing. My first time reading it was back when it was still being written I had to wait for updates. It's so nice to read straight through. Wish there was a continuation. Love you3
samantha.plummer.92 chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This is my second time reading this fic and I still have goosebumps reading it! Especially, with the violence.
owlsnowball chapter 13 . 4/4/2013
This so many kinds of perfect. I am so amazed I can barely write how I feel. Also it's 2 in the morning here so that might be it.
Myriad-13 chapter 13 . 10/15/2012
What gets me about this fic is that's it's really believable. You have stayed really true to the characters as they were presented in the film, and you've taken them and turned them into something much more. I enjoyed reading every bit of this fic.

The epilogue was just perfect.

Definitely worth a favourite.
Annie C chapter 13 . 10/4/2012
This was a fantastic read! The best True Grit fanfic I've read thus far; perfect characterization, lovely word-smithing, and a satisfying ending! Thank you! _
Signora Ted chapter 13 . 10/1/2012
I gotta be honest, I really enjoyed this fic. I think my favouite part of the whole story was when Cogburn was advising LaBoeuf on how to approach Mattie and Mattie thought they were talking about a horse. That made my day! :D
Jani chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
This was a great story! I really like the True Grit characters and I'm always so impressed when a writer can write them in their own voice. I love being able to hear the characters in my mind. This was an exciting adventure story, a sweet tale of friendship, and a "difficult" romance! Lol I kinda feel sorry for any man who would try to court Mattie. I think you did a great take on her character, and those more difficult romantic conversations I think you handled very well. Also loved your detailed descriptions of the woods, animals, farms, and general settings. Thank you for writing and sharing this with us.
MissBe chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
excellent story! way better than the movie!
L o l i t a d e l i r i u m chapter 1 . 7/28/2012