Reviews for Respire
Aelan010 chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I absolute love how its become fanon that Sam has asthma as a child. You are the first person to ever explain HOW he got it though. That makes a total lick of sense thanks
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Another awesome story. I do love the way you write sick Sam. Poor Sam, I know the feeling of not being able to get enough air into your lungs. It can be terrifying and you captured that quite well with your words!
Sastiel chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Yay! Asthmatic Sammy! Woo! My favorite kind! Amazing story!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Great story. Love how Dean is with Sam.
Jane88 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
That was a great story! Very detailed, very authentic and beautifully written. I was on the edge of my seat cause "He couldn't breathe." :) Wonderful comfort from big brother Dean and I loved the idea to make a connection to the shtriga. I really enjoyed it, thanks!
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Absolutely wonderful.

This is such an original idea and as usual your writing is a pleasure to read. I love how this unfolded with a smooth turn of phrase.

Even more, I love big brother Dean, calmly executing his responsibilities as caregiver and bravely taking responsibility for his part in causing his brother's illness.

Nice one.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I really enjoyed this. There's something so visceral about not being able to breathe, isn't there? I love that Sam immediately calls for his brother, and Dean fixes it, as he always does, with competency and concern and love. Very nice.

Could I just mention, though, that all the "He couldn't breathe" lines got a little redundant and distracting? You could cut most of them and have an even more terrific piece!
RogueStorm84 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Awesome story. So beautifully crafted together lol. No but seriously it was great.
A Thing For Brothers chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Damn you are good with descriptions. I feel like I'm there, and am Sam!

I don't know why, but I absolutely love that image of Sam gripping Dean's pant leg, not matter what the painful circumstance.

he wouldn't push the issue, having learned several years ago not to fuck with Dean about Sam.

Damn right, Asshole! You don't mess with Sammy! EVER!

LOVE it! Such angst and drama. Just the way we like it! :-)
okayokayokay chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Ohhhhh asthmatic Sammy. I love it so much more than I should. And man, your writing is incredible- I was reading along and just hoping Sam would be okay, and it was SO INTENSE because he couldn’t breathe, and THEN you just hit us with the fact that it’s because of the Shtriga that Sam even has asthma, and Dean has all this guilt because of this fact, and I felt like I was breathing differently the whole time I was reading this. (Does that ever happen to you? Like when I read about something like this, or when I’m watching a movie where someone has to hold their breath or something I find myself holding my breath too.) Anyway, I looooove that Dean is between "concerned big brother" and "irritating mother hen"…seriously, these boys. I love the way you write them:) Lovely fic, I really enjoyed reading this!
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Thought this was a fantastic story and got me starving for breath with each word. I would love to see more. Maybe a series! Thanks so much for such a great read, Nicole. :)
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Poor Sammy ): Poor Dean ): As somebody with both Asthma and Diabetes I totally understand how it feels to have a full blown attack. Trust me it's not fun for anybody. The person having the attack or family and loved ones forced to watch their loved ones suffer as they try to pull in a simple breath.

Anyway I feel badly for Dean because he's blaming himself for his baby brothers Asthma. If anybody can be blamed I point the finger at John. John is Sammy's father. Sammy is John's responsibilty not Dean. I always felt so bad for Dean in that episode and I'm a total Sammy girl (I adore Dean too!) Anyway you really did a fantastic job capturing the panic you feel when you're having an attack.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Fabulous! Man, I am sooooo glad I don't have asthma! I have enough trouble catching my breath after sprinting a 400 on the track! Poor Sammy... Great job! Hey, btw how are your other stories coming along? I'd love to see an update! :)
goldfishie1 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Poor Sam! Good thing Dean was there to help. Loved it, as usual!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
What an intense story.

I think I was having trouble breathing while I kept waiting for Sam's medication to work.

I love how Dean was awake with just a whispered call of his name from Sam and knew what to do. Nice how you tied Sam's asthma in with the shtriga. (I wonder if his asthma would be gone after Dean kills the shtriga years later)

Wonderful ending.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »