Reviews for A Question of Destiny
Skylark chapter 73 . 10/24/2014
Yay Speedwriting! I can't believe you can write like this under a time constraint. Anyway, I really like this story, and I hope Arthur figures out Merlin is a Sorcerer before Uther dies. Honestly I don't know what the producers were think in not having A figure out M had magic until like the last episode! Sorry, for the small rant but the last season was so disappointing in my opinion.
Linorien chapter 48 . 10/16/2014
I love Gaius teasing him at the end. The show really didn't focus enough on Gaius knowing the prophecies and how that might change his view of Merlin even if only slightly.
joi chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Hello, I love your Merlin stories! And I really like how Arthur learned and excepted Merlin's magic while the King was still alive. I also love your additions between the episodes - they're my favorite part. One thing that would have been better is if you had the stories better labeled, I started with "A question of Motives" because I didn't know there was one before that, and then I found "A question of Resolve" and I was super excited to read it, then I just found this one!

My point-if you could label them one, two and three or something, it would be way better because I would have know that I wasn't starting in the right place. Instead, I have ended up reading this series backwards.

Anyway...sorry for rambling. I really love your stories, you have managed build a more complex, interesting plot, and make the original episodes even more believable, plus, you are a very talented writer.

Thank you for the amazing stories and good luck on your future writings!
Moni Hasnone chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
If only I could write like you... :)
I read your entire fic in a day(x5)! And I'm in love, esp. with the sub-episodes. Thank you so much!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 77 . 8/5/2014
I wonder what would have happened if Gaius had kept Merlin's ability from Merlin to protect him...
Auua Ytjoml chapter 75 . 8/5/2014
He came into both sides of his power, the power over his elemental and the power of life and death in about ten minutes. That's got to have messed with his magic and body.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 73 . 8/5/2014
This entire episode I just keep contrasting this questing beast with the relatively friendly one that alternately hunted and was hunted by King Pellinore in T. 's The Once and Future King...
Auua Ytjoml chapter 71 . 8/5/2014
So Liam's mom needs cloth from Camelot before she can start her commissions and now Gwen needs cloth form Ulwin before she can do the same? I presume it's a matter of different materials being needed and the fact that the craftsmen who do these sorts of things have moved around in the what, 10 year gap? Still I like the mirroring.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 66 . 8/5/2014
Arthur: "if you won't sing then you can juggle."
Merlin: "Prat"
Auua Ytjoml chapter 39 . 8/4/2014
I've always wondered if Gaius knew something of who Morgana might turn out to be. Surely he realizes that an untrained magic user who doesn't know she has magic is at greater risk to herself than one who knows how to hide.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 28 . 8/3/2014
I like your title, Gaius the Betrayer. I mean, I don't like what it implies but I like the truth behind it, because Gaius did do a bit of betraying, and also the epithet rings well in the prose.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 24 . 8/3/2014
Gaius raises his head. Could this be a chance at redemption? - I'd love to read a story from you set in the time of the initial purge!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 23 . 8/3/2014
Merlin's a lot bolder here than in the cannon series. A bit OC but your explanation makes sense and you've proved time and time again there's nothing wrong with a bit of AU/OC.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 22 . 8/3/2014
love what you're doing with Gaius...
Auua Ytjoml chapter 21 . 8/3/2014
Thanks for the translation! Much easier to read it here than to try and pick out which lines of beowulf you chose, even if I do have access to a anglo-saxon/modern english duel copy. And, yeah, Nimueh sucks.